Windows 8 sucks from a professionals viewpoint

Article

I have bolded some key texts in the article which should clue people in as to some facts. So with a little research, I have just found out (albeit late) that Sinofsky is to blame for the debacle since he is a Mac lover. I just thought I'd throw this out there because I too, am sick of being told I'm afraid of change.

Windows 8 sucks

Microsoft (Sinofsky and Ballmer) and Windows 8 defenders of the web are in serious denial of the negative reaction towards Windows 8.

Ghost Rider you are awesome. This is the type of stuff we need to keep showing them. The only chance we have is for Ballmer to wake up and realize that the Windows head making all these decisions (Sinofsky) is a Mac lover who not only buys into "post-pc" but even worse completely lacks common sense and has no understanding of enterprise needs.

Look at this response from some paid M$ $hill (heh):

Seems like some people just get scared of change and say it is the end of the world. Same people said how bad Windows 7 would be despite glowing reviews before launch. Without Vista, there would be no Windows 7 lol. Would you prefer they didn't make changes and kept Vista the same? So even if they make some mistakes, you are still getting a huge amount of improvements with this release. Don't be so scared of change, maybe you will start loving it like 7, and start complaining about the upcoming changes in Windows 9 ;)

I did a little digging and look at what I found on the same website (overclock.net):

Like Vista: 78%

Dislike Vista: 15%

Seems those same users weren't afraid of Vista. As for Windows 7 the early RC previews were positive.

Get it through your "Fing" heads: Windows 8 sucks. It's not "fear of change", that's a lazy excuse for a rejected product. If Mcdonald's found out that 80% of their customers didn't like a new hamburger they wouldn't go on a campaign to convince them that they are afraid of change. They would go back to the drawing board and try something new.

Windows 8 sucks, as a desktop UI it is less efficient than Windows 7 which makes it a "f"ing waste of time. If you can't see why taking organized start menu icons and dumping them into a cluster**** or making the user watch a goddamn animation everytime the start menu button is clicked are poor UI decisions then you are probably in the hopeless 20% who buy into this crap and likely spend all day in a browser tweeting.

How far would you Windows 8 defenders take this default "fear of change" line? What if Windows 9 was a purple pony that you had to chase with your mouse for 10 minutes before you could access anything? Would any reject be fear of change? Or is there something called --productivity--?

Overclockers is filled with Windows enthusiasts who love trying new hardware, games, software, etc. To try to depict them as fearful is absurd.

EvenPaul Thurott doesn't like it.

Windows 8 isn?t even Windows anymore. It?s a tablet OS that?s been grafted onto Windows like a monstrous Frankenstein experiment.

I honestly didn't think that was possible. I thought Thurott's gig was to rubber stamp everything that comes out of Redmond to get early previews, free software, etc. This is like Fox News doing a 2 hour hit piece on a Republican president. Microsoft should be on "f"ing DEF CON 1. This is all bad, very bad.

Oh and dismissing power users and developers is freaking S-T-O-O-P-E-D. A lot of these guys are in charge of thousands of desktops and their word is what matters. It's not just Aunty Sue that will be told to stay away, CIO Joe will also be told to skip this release. Ballmer wake up and get rid of the rat (Sinofsky) inside Microsoft before this train wreck happens. Wake the **** up.

• Like 2

Trolling posts are trolling. Windows 8 is no different than Windows 7. And honestly, Sinofsky... Really?

Windows 8 works perfectly fine and all of my apps from previous windows works flawlessly on it. It takes time getting used to but once you do, its great. :argh:

I don't think that you fully understand what the word "professional" means, because that site and the people they quote, are anything but professional unless you want to call children professionals.

Ok W8 haters what does Windows 8 prevent you from doing besides nothing? Nothing that was doable in Windows 7 or older is impossible in Win8, no matter what the cry babies say.

Maybe next time the OP can post articles from 2011.

Note: This article is dated Friday, June 8, 2012, months before Windows 8 was even done.

Ok W8 haters what does Windows 8 prevent you from doing besides nothing? Nothing that was doable in Windows 7 or older is impossible in Win8, no matter what the cry babies say.

Actually, I have several proggies that worked fine under Windows 7 that won't run under 8. Oh, and aren't you a little old for name-calling. Sheesh! Grow up!

Everyone know Windows 8 sux only fanboys defending! I'm not hater i just don't think Windows 8 is for desktop! So far im on Windows 7 and will stay for some long time!

Everyone know Windows 8 sux only fanboys defending! I'm not hater i just don't think Windows 8 is for desktop! So far im on Windows 7 and will stay for some long time!

Christ, that is farthest from the truth.

How insightful. Please tell us more. :rolleyes:

those points made are valid points. not mine, mind you

How are they valid ? I have not seen any professionals being less productive because of windows 8, I have seen them become more productive because of Windows 8 though.

In no way does Windows 8 negatively affect my ability to work in LightRoom, Photoshop, 3DSMAX, Office or any other productivity app.

Actually, I have several proggies that worked fine under Windows 7 that won't run under 8. Oh, and aren't you a little old for name-calling. Sheesh! Grow up!

What are these several proggies ?