Apple adding 'kill switch' to iPhones

does not sound like it will be very difficult to bypass as you do not have to do the wiping from the phone there are plenty of tools that you can use to wipe an iPhone.

what I don't get is the semantics. The article states that while iPhone thefts have risen, crime has lowered. if a crime rises, overall crime can't go down.

Good for Apple. It's about time something was done about phone theft (and hell it gives the US government more ways to track people's movements :p) <<joke. Don't shoot me>>

what I don't get is the semantics. The article states that while iPhone thefts have risen, crime has lowered. if a crime rises, overall crime can't go down.

Sure, overall crime is down, theft of iPhones is up. You're less likely to get stabbed, more likely to have your iPhone jacked.

does not sound like it will be very difficult to bypass as you do not have to do the wiping from the phone there are plenty of tools that you can use to wipe an iPhone.

So you wipe it, then you do the mandatory connect phone to itunes, then itunes sends the device ID to apple and asks for the password to the account it's locked to... How are you going to bypass that?

Good for Apple. It's about time something was done about phone theft (and hell it gives the US government more ways to track people's movements :p) <<joke. Don't shoot me>>

[pump my shotgun then aim at you] ah.. nevermind.. you are ok.. all good. [walks away]

May help a little...but thieves will find a way around it via some kind of hack.

Don't see how people get their phones stolen so much tho.

Most thieves stealing phones are generally not the brightest of the bunch.