Whos installing OS X 10.9

I did and it's very good... Feels a little dead without the skeuomorphism and the icon colors, but they did not completely kill the flavor and appeal of the OS like what they did with iOS.

Only thing is, Xcode 5 has started to go like iOS and I don't feel it (look at the new incomprehensible toolbar).

If I update my current Mountain Lion installation to the 10.9 Developer Preview, will I still be able to update to the final 10.9 release when it comes out? Or will I have to do a fresh install once the final is released?

If I update my current Mountain Lion installation to the 10.9 Developer Preview, will I still be able to update to the final 10.9 release when it comes out? Or will I have to do a fresh install once the final is released?

Nobody knows what Apple does.

But if I were a developer, I wouldn't program a feature to "upgrade from a beta to a final version". It's you have the previous version or you don't have anything at all. OR, no matter what version you have, I'll just overwrite everything so it doesn't matter.

I'm glad to read that performance has improved, Mountain Lion was hardly snappy. That alone is a good enough reason for me to try 10.9

Depends on the price. I can't see paying much, if anything, for Finder tabs and a re-skinned Calendar.

The upgrade is going to be $29.99 for single user and $49.99 for a 5-user family pack as it has been for the past couple years. Just find some family/friends with macs and split the cost of the family pack so that it becomes $10/mac. Even if you have just one other friend, you have save money by spending only $25 each.

I'm really excited about finder tabs as I can see my productivity going through the roof because I always have to move around multiple finder windows to get a good view.

The upgrade is going to be $29.99 for single user and $49.99 for a 5-user family pack as it has been for the past couple years.

OS X Mountain Lion costs ?15,99 ($19,99). For that price it can be installed onto multiple Macs. The latter goes for OS X Lion too.

I wish they would update the App Store so it doesn't feel like its just a website in a window and feels more like an actual application. I am pretty excited for Mavericks though with all the under the hood changes it comes with, and tabs on Finder is going to be extremely useful! I stay away from betas for my actual desktop PC so I will be waiting for final release before upgrading.

OS X Mountain Lion costs ?15,99 ($19,99). For that price it can be installed onto multiple Macs. The latter goes for OS X Lion too.

Yeah, I listed the OSX Lion pricing by mistake. But either way, $29.99 is worst case scenario and hardly expensive to reap the benefits.

I've been running 10.9 for a week now, and I have had not one single crash, bug, or error come up. It does boot a lot faster on and runs a lot peppier than ML did. It also bumped up the battery life nicely on my rMBP. I haven't seen the tabs in Finder, though. Do I have to enable it, or something?

I'm glad to read that performance has improved, Mountain Lion was hardly snappy. That alone is a good enough reason for me to try 10.9

This.

ML was slow on my MBP. I went back to Lion. I'm really hoping 10.9 will be a good upgrade

I have been running it since Friday night on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro. I must say it does feel snappier for sure. My problem is, I created a 64gig partition for it and after  install and copying my ML stuff over it took up 63gigs..  LOL I need to make the partition bigger. 

Installed it on my iMac & MacBook Pro, and it runs great. I really love the improvements they have made for multiple displays with Mission Control! Super!!

iOS 7 I'm not so fond of... the icons look dreadful and since I'm running it on a iPhone 4, I have no transparencies so it looks quite dreadful. Hopefully I'll have an iPhone 5 soon, and I'm sure it'll look & run a lot better on that device. Hopefully they will sort our the inconsistencies that are still in the current beta...

iOS 7 will indeed look *wrong* on any non-Retina iDevice - even the iOS Simulator drives that home with a jackhammer. (The basic iOS SImulator is included with Xcode 5-DP; though the iPad is NOT included, three iPhones (one non-Retina and two differently-sized Retina devices) are included.  If you compare a non-Retina display to a Retina display, you get basically smacked about with a still-live trout.)  Care to bet that this is, in fact, planned?

As far as Mavericks DP1 itself goes, it is indeed snappier than Mountain Lion (with which I am dual-booting).

Finally a Dutch dictionary in OS X Mavericks, which I was able to port over to OS X Mountain Lion! :woot: It took Apple only eight years to include support in OS X...

(I understand how that isn't exiting to most people here, but it is to me :laugh: )

post-128385-0-59220500-1371808188.png

post-128385-0-72092600-1371808438.png

You can install the new dictionaries in OS X Mountain Lion by drag 'n' dropping the files from your OS X Mavericks installation and enabling them in Dictionary's preferences.

They're located in: /Library/Dictionaries.

This.

ML was slow on my MBP. I went back to Lion. I'm really hoping 10.9 will be a good upgrade

Did I miss something??? After I upgraded to Lion on my 2010 MBP it felt really slow. 

When they released Mountain Lion I put a fresh install on my MBP and it felt much better than Lion. But it might have been due to the fact I upgraded to Lion and didn't do a fresh installation.

You can install the new dictionaries in OS X Mountain Lion by drag 'n' dropping the files from your OS X Mavericks installation and enabling them in Dictionary's preferences.

They're located in: /Library/Dictionaries.

Nice ! I already had a French Dictionnary since Lion, but it was so wrong and full of crap. I followed a guide back then to put custom Dictionaries in it and it was more complicated than one could have imagined.

So far, I really love Maps, this should have been added last year at the same time Apple Maps came out on the iPhone. Only performance-wise I'm experiencing slow loading when zooming in-and-out in 3D Satellite view, and the app lags a loooooottttt on my MacBook Pro 2010. Only thing missing is : common transportation, and bicycle :) Oh, and kayak :P

The OS X 10.9 chatter is making me want it more, and more.  Can't wait for release.

Are regulating the beta installs with Apple IDs tied to developer accounts?

Did have this installed, but have gone back to 10.8.4 (thank the gods for TimeMachine), over all it works but having issues with my wireless at certain locations (work).