Sony Playstation is not innovating

Didn't realise it was classified an "excuse" when unfinished software is shown off and had hiccups. It only happened with AC4 Black Flag. XB1 had noticeably worse graphics and stuttering framerates, audio issues and BF4 crashed. You guys aren't even mentioning them.

Dead-Rising-3-Screenshot-07.jpg

Dead-Rising-3-Screenshot-03.jpg

Look at those amazing graphics.

I'm not seeing anything wrong with those? It looks stunning.. And if that was the point, then you failed hard. Isn't Dead Rising 3 an Xbox One exclusive?

EDIT: added pictures in quote because it looks so damn good :-)

Xbox fan thinks Sony games ran bad, SHOCKING.

Vcfan is right mart, you couldn't really tell the difference in graphical fidelity between the Xbox one and ps4 but yet you the one going on before e3 proclaiming how much more the ps4 was over the Xbox one, and how much it had 50% more graphical power....

most of us was saying Microsoft might have a "secret sauce", and you said NO. I said maybe Microsoft overclocked something you said NO, we said what's good in paper doesn't always translate to being better and you chanted again how much more powerful the ps4 was over the Xbox. But when I compared the Xbox one and the ps4 it shows the Xbox had way more innovative features and ideas.

And when we saw the graphical fidelity of both consoles at the e3 show, we couldn't tell the difference.....I mean a GPU that's 50% faster supposed to shine through, but it didn't, that means the Xbox one isn't underpowered as you and many tried to say.

Also, there's nothing new or innovative that you can do on the ps4 tht you can't do on the ps3. Of yes please tell because the only thing is better graphics.....

Oh wait.......the CONTROLLER, that's the only thing that's different/innovative about the ps4 that you can't get on the ps3. Maybe that's why the controller was the only thing thy showed at the reveal before e3.

• Like 2

A lot of people don't really want/need xbox one's tv or kinnect features, I just want to use it to play games. The ps4 has slighly more powerful hardware and is a full $100 cheaper, so why would I want an xbox one?

Get whatever console suits your fancy.

Vcfan is right mart, you couldn't really tell the difference in graphical fidelity between the Xbox one and ps4 but yet you the one going on before e3 proclaiming how much more the ps4 was over the Xbox one, and how much it had 50% more graphical power....

most of us was saying Microsoft might have a "secret sauce", and you said NO. I said maybe Microsoft overclocked something you said NO, we said what's good in paper doesn't always translate to being better and you chanted again how much more powerful the ps4 was over the Xbox. But when I compared the Xbox one and the ps4 it shows the Xbox had way more innovative features and ideas.

And when we saw the graphical fidelity of both consoles at the e3 show, we couldn't tell the difference.....I mean a GPU that's 50% faster supposed to shine through, but it didn't, that means the Xbox one isn't underpowered as you and many tried to say.

Also, there's nothing new or innovative that you can do on the ps4 tht you can't do on the ps3. Of yes please tell because the only thing is better graphics.....

Oh wait.......the CONTROLLER, that's the only thing that's different/innovative about the ps4 that you can't get on the ps3. Maybe that's why the controller was the only thing thy showed at the reveal before e3.

More powerful hardware does not ONLY allow for 'better graphics' working with more powerful hardware makes things far easier for game developers, and really pushes the envolope in regards to what developers can do in regards to level design/size, physics/interaction amount of players etc...

Saying the ps4 offers nothing over the ps3 is silly.

A lot of people don't really want/need xbox one's tv or kinnect features, I just want to use it to play games. The ps4 has slighly more powerful hardware and is a full $100 cheaper, so why would I want an xbox one?

More powerful hardware does not ONLY allow for 'better graphics' working with more powerful hardware makes things far easier for game developers, and really pushed the envolope in regards to what developers can do in regards to level design/size, physics/interaction amount of players etc...

As per the thread title, how exactly is that innovative?

As per the thread title, how exactly is that innovative?

Its not, I was just responding to his claim that the ps4 offers nothing over the ps3. Having more powerful hardware allows the game developers to innovate more though, and we buy game consoles to play these games. Obviously since the xbox one has similar hardware its not as majar of an adantage over the xbox one as some people are making it out to be, but I'm not getting the PS4 because of "innovation" I'm getting it because its less expensive, has less restrictive policies, and more powerful hardware. A game console doesn't need to do a bunch of crazy 'innovation' to be good. I could care less about kinnect and TV support, and I could care less that the ps4 doesn't "innovate". It is not in itself a bad thing like the OP is making it out to be. I just want a reasonably priced console to play next gen games on, the Xbox ones extra 'innovation' offers me nothing :).

Here's a tl;dr about the xbox one and ps4:

Xbox One: A Multimedia device that can also play games

PS4: A game console that also has some multimedia features

ITT: Xbox One fanboys vs. PS4 fanboys.

Here's an idea...how about we let the sales figures decides who wins?

ITT: Xbox One fanboys vs. PS4 fanboys.

Here's an idea...how about we let the sales figures decides who wins?

Who cares who "wins" anyway? Unless one of them spectacularly flops it doesn't really effect anyone.

No, YOU couldn't see the difference because you don't want to see the difference.

I am not buying next-gen until a good year after launch. If I was going to buy one now I'd probably buy PS4. But I have not seen any clear comparison enough to make any statement as per the difference in graphics.

I don't need non-gaming features in my GAMING console, I have plenty of other devices that do things better than XB1, I want my gaming console to play games without restrictions.

Question: do you say you want your games consoles to play "without restrictions" for the sake of it, or because the restrictions of the Xbox One actually affect you??

I mean it's a pretty easy spin for Xbox One detractors to use & perhaps rightfully so, but let's not go nuts. All games consoles have restrictions, & not all restrictions affect every one.

No, YOU couldn't see the difference because you don't want to see the difference.

I don't need non-gaming features in my GAMING console, I have plenty of other devices that do things better than XB1, I want my gaming console to play games without restrictions.

mart you're side stepping again. the best way to show the different is a side by side comparison. note we're not saying they're the same but that there's very little difference. 50% more powerful gpu supposed to show a big difference, not "slightly better".

i'm sure you're going to say something like "wait x years and you'll see"

More powerful hardware does not ONLY allow for 'better graphics' working with more powerful hardware makes things far easier for game developers, and really pushes the envolope in regards to what developers can do in regards to level design/size, physics/interaction amount of players etc...

true that a lot of people don't want Kinect or tv features that comes with the xbox, but trying to download those features like they mean nothing is just silly because they ARE big features that the competition has no answer to.

and yes, I will get the console that best suits me, and no far it's the xbox one.

and ok, let me correct that: the ps4 offers VERY LITTLE over the ps3.

Yes they do affect me, I buy used games and don't want to have to wait 30 days on someone elses friends list to buy privately, I like to rent games and you can't rent at launch until they bother to implement it.

Ok, so in your case, someone who has ZERO intention in buying an Xbone (because of your stated reasons) spend so much ****ING time trying to discourage others from buying one.

Quit white-knighting for Sony and move on.

and ok, let me correct that: the ps4 offers VERY LITTLE over the ps3.

I don't really get this. I mean it's a.. significantly more powerful games console.. what else do you expect from it?

Yes they do affect me, I buy used games and don't want to have to wait 30 days on someone elses friends list to buy privately, I like to rent games and you can't rent at launch until they bother to implement it.

mart, you're moving the gold post. stop sidestepping and be upfront. where's the innovation in the ps4, or better yet, what can you get from the ps4 that you can't get from the ps3?

This is a Playstation thread, how about you take it to the Microsoft forum and leave people alone.

This is an innovation in the gaming systems topic actually.

When it comes down to it, I, like everyone else, ARE going to pick one or both (or none?) consoles based on what we personally want. I could care less whether you want tv and kinect function or gaika and share buttons and you could care less if i did. If you want tv and kinect BAM xbox one wins if you dont and you only care about improved graphics guess what BAM ps4 wins end of discussion.

Why does the topic title say SONY PLAYSTATION is not innovative then.

I'm the OP am I not? You can have a title and the first post gives you more insight. I'm telling you and I repeatedly tried to have a discussion on the innovation of the systems compared to Playstation...meaning that all of them are involved. Please stay on topic of innovation. I've asked before. Thanks.

Maybe if you re-read what I said you would understand it, other people understood what I said not sure how you didn't. (Not trying to be snarky or anything). Also what you describe isn't content sharing, it's more akin to "account sharing". Microsoft also said that every account on an Xbox would benefit from all content no matter who downloaded it. And if a gold member is on an Xbox all other account on it also benefit from that. Is that the same on psn? Does all accounts benefit from just one psn+ account?

In that instance, yes, account sharing, but it's indicative of content sharing. If it's downloaded onto my console, and the account that downloaded it is active, any other account on that console can play it. It's been that way from day one. We used to exploit that a bit by sharing accounts.

And yes, if you're talking about multiplayer, all accounts benefit from PS+

http://www.playstati...n-same-console/

This is a Playstation thread, how about you take it to the Microsoft forum and leave people alone.

ahaha, this statement of yours is funny mart because I remember when you would go-on far pages on top of pages how feeble that the xbox one was compared to the ps3 in multiple xbox threads. but now that someone is here calling you out you want to tell them to go and leave the thread alone?

the title said: Sony Playstation is not innovating

and the OP brought in all the other consoles into the discussion, so NO this is NOT a PlayStation thread.

I don't really get this. I mean it's a.. significantly more powerful games console.. what else do you expect from it?

interesting....you described the natural evolution of gaming console (be MORE powerful than the generation before it) and you think that should be the "be all, end all"? just wow.

I compiled a list earlier (added two more things to it at the bottom)

take a look, if anything is incorrect on it let me know.

mart and others had said you can share digital content, but when I looked it up its more like sharing account and not content.

post-328962-0-75051900-1371150805.jpg

The supposedly innovative feature of Xbox One which is using it as a set top box is very exciting. But here in Mumbai, we have Tata Sky as DTH provider. MS hardly cares about anyone apart from US. So the great innovation has become useless.

The Internet scenario in Mumbai is pathetic. I am on fastest plan which is 2mbps till 30 GB and 512kbps beyond. There are days when I am without proper Internet connection and have to rely on 3G dongles. No way I can download digital only games nor I can play multiplayer.

So for me and my friends, sharing DVDs is easier than transferring licences/adding people to the account whatever mess that is.

We tried 1st gen Kinect and it was mildly amusing for first 10 minutes. Felt more gimmicky. But as someone mentioned about yelling during FIFA match for substitution would be a great use of Kinect. Or a special mode in rally racing where you don the role of co-driver and call out those pace notes and watch Colin McRae drive . That would be innovation.

Right now there is absolutely no innovation in any of the consoles. So it comes down to choosing lesser of the two evils.

Whether you share your account or not you still share the digital content, you can't just arbitrarily discount something because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I like how a lot of the PS4 things are in red, not sure why Kinect is up there split up into different features of the camera, well I do it's done like to make it look like the PS4 is worse.

point them out and I'll consolidate what needs to be consolidated.

also, if you're talking about account sharing then that goes for both xbox and playstation then correct? if not, please explain

I'll add it to the list.

also please tell me which PS4 thing is in red that shouldn't be and I'll change it.

When I compare the next Playstation's features to the next Xbox I'm right now going to go with the Playstation. I wanted to comment because I haven't had a Playstation since the original Xbox came out - I was a huge fan. I don't like where MS is going now.

if you want to use these amazing innovative features pointed out by sony fans, such as the gaikai streaming,or remote play,and whatever else, guess what, you need to always be connected. take the connection out and what do you have? can you tell me? just a game console with updated graphics. that's all. you guys are promoting all these features,and they all require an internet connection,yet you knock xbox for only requiring you to sign in once a day to sync your licenses. ironic.

it means nothing when the games presented didn't show any advantages graphically over xbox one, but had massive performance and framerate issues.

If games were built to take full advantage of both machines, you could leverage more with the PS4 than you could with the One because of it's superior hardware. The main difference is that the PS4 doesn't really need cloud rendering to make up for the fact that it has crap hardware, it's just something they have added in. With Microsoft it looks like it's going to be necessary just to get decent visuals out of the machine's weak hardware.

The Xbox is continuing the trend started with Windows 8, in Microsoft's annoying new desire to appeal more to toy junkies, the PS4 is a machine built for real gamers. And when you factor in the fact that the PS4 is also a lot cheaper than the xbox... well that really does just drive the final nail in the coffin.

The reality is simple. The new Microsoft are crapping on their traditional userbase, Sony are giving them what they want.

Oh look, we can all make skewed comparisons:

post-1442-0-02797500-1371152616.jpg

some of those you have on there are false.

also most of those are already on my list.

for xbox rentals are TBH

for ps4 "backwards compatibility" is not true, that's game streaming.

points 3 and 10 are the same thing.

play your games from other consoles isn't true for ps4, if you're talking about disc based games then clarify it.

subscription is wrong, xbox live offers 2 free games each month starting july 1st 2013.

and I did not make the list to be screwed. I said what is wrong or missing, say so.