Sony Playstation is not innovating

Play your PS4 games from other consoles is true, you can play them on 2 other machines other than your own, you can always deauthorise consoles if you need to play them on others.

You confirmed it to me that this was the case on PS3, but has it been confirmed for PS4? Source? You just said that others make assumptions, so please include source when "new information" enters the thread.

Also why is the kinect stuff all split up into different lines, kinect should just be under motion controls. The PS Eye has stereo 1280 by 800 sensors, how is that inferior to Kinect single 1080p sensor?

Because the PS Eye and Kinect isn't directly comparable since they have different capabilities. The Kinect has IR sensors that work great in the dark, can ex. detect heartrate(approx.) and are more sensitive and precise in capturing the motions. So to compare them you need to split it into the features the units provide.

Why is TV integration a positive for XB1 and negative for PS4, it's a gaming console not a settop box. If they were going for TV integration market then mark PS4 as a negative, but they aren't. You could also mark Xbox as a negative as TV functions will only work in the US at launch.

Because they are gaming consoles with multimedia capabilities. As many knows, a lot of people bought and still buys the PS3 primarily as a blu-ray player to watch movies because it was better and cheaper then other players at launch(and after the PS3 got cheap later on). Both consoles are used for non-gaming media, so the TV integration is actually a benefit for many people, like it or not.

This is a Playstation thread, how about you take it to the Microsoft forum and leave people alone.

No it's not. It's a innovation in consoles in general. If you read the content and not just the title you might have noticed that.

Yes they do affect me, I buy used games and don't want to have to wait 30 days on someone elses friends list to buy privately, I like to rent games and you can't rent at launch until they bother to implement it.

Not trying to be an as* here, but if you buy games privately and like to rent games, it sounds like you want the cheapest console, so the Xbox One would never fit you because it's more expensive.

Oh look, we can all make skewed comparisons:

post-1442-0-02797500-1371152616.jpg

Mandatory motion controls is wrong, because yes it's included but you can disable it so it won't capture video and sound.

And btw, the PS4 supports some form of companion app on phone/tablet. At least the social video for PS4 showed the girl buying and initating the download of Killzone using a mobile device.

• Like 1

Seriously?

I can afford both and was going to get both. I buy the games new that I love and want to keep. Games I don't feel like I need on day one I pick up cheap or rent, that doesn't mean I can't afford them it means I am smart with my money.

Xbox One is only ?80 more expensive than PS4, it would hardly break the bank.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be an as* and say that you were poor. I just meant that it sounds like you are smart with your money and because of that you would want most bang for the buck when it comes to gaming. So as PS4 is more powerful in hardware and is cheaper, the Xbox One is not for you. Sorry if it came out as a personal attack.

I have an auto switching AV receiver that has multiple HDMI in and out, I don't need a console that only has one input. I don't need TV integration either I have a DVR that has it's own TV Guide, etc.. Not to mention most of the TV features won't be enabled at launch outside the US.

That's good. But did you ever consider that the whole thread, the comparison and the Xbox One itself isn't made for your needs only? While it doesn't fit you(so it's not a positive feature), it DOES fit a lot of other people. And the fact that it's not available in many countries at launch is just a BS argument. The biggest feature of the PS4 is Gaikai, and that's not available until sometime in 2014. The TV deals are ongoing, and as far as I know the UK will get support early, hopefully Norway too where I live.

• Like 1

Can you guys please open another thread if you want to discuss the feature comparison. Thanks.

Do I feel that the Gaikai service has potential for the Playstation platform? Yes.

Do I feel that having the ability to potentially play games from the entire Playstation library innovative? Yes.

Do I feel that the current offerings of Playstation 4 push gaming into an area that hasn't been done before? No.

The PS4 is an upgrade in power from the PS3. I'm not saying that I don't like the particle effects, physics, ai, and all that jazz power. I love that stuff. I'm excited every new generation of gaming to see the graphical upgrade. What I am saying is that I don't see any push in HOW we play gaming from the previous generation. There's nothing new that they are pushing. Nintendo is pushing for people to use this screen on their controller as a new experience; that you couldn't have before, a la Zombie U. Microsoft is pushing for the Kinect to be an integral part of the experience to have you be more connected to a game, a la Zombies hearing you in Dead Rising (ironic both games are zombies). I don't see Sony pushing anything but the tried and true.

This is beyond the online policies of these companies. I'm talking about gaming; and pushing it forward so that developers can start leveraging and do things that we never thought would be cool. That's what excites me with Wii U and Xbox One...but there's nothing like that for the Playstation. That is my point. Hopefully I can be proven wrong by Sony (at least for the PS5).

I said that but he kept making excuses about how the Xbox One could have secret extra hardware or the cpu could be overclocked or the gpu could be overclocked, blah blah blah.

If so why are all the PS4 negatives in red and all the xbox one negatives in regular black.

Play your PS4 games from other consoles is true, you can play them on 2 other machines other than your own, you can always deauthorise consoles if you need to play them on others.

There are no Xbox rentals at launch, TBA or not it's still a negative.

Also why is the kinect stuff all split up into different lines, kinect should just be under motion controls. The PS Eye has stereo 1280 by 800 sensors, how is that inferior to Kinect single 1080p sensor?

You don't know how multi tasking works on PS4, you are making MASSIVE assumptions that shouldn't even be on the list.

Why is TV integration a positive for XB1 and negative for PS4, it's a gaming console not a settop box. If they were going for TV integration market then mark PS4 as a negative, but they aren't. You could also mark Xbox as a negative as TV functions will only work in the US at launch.

tell me which xbox negative is still in black that should be in red. thanks.

about the rentals at launch: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Used_Games_and_Rentals check this out, it's TBA

if you want me to take out things that are not on launch then I should do the same on the ps4 side also, but that wouldn't make much sense now would it?

which Kinect stuff is split up that should be together.....unless according to you, 3D depth camera that works in light and complete darkness should just be under motion control? seriously?

"The PS Eye has stereo 1280 by 800 sensors, how is that inferior to Kinect single 1080p sensor?"

the ps eye "stereo" camera has a very shallow point of view, lower resolution, doesn't work in the dark/extreme low light

I should retract my initial statement with Microsoft being innovative with the TV stuff as I did want it to be from a pure gaming perspective. I do apologize for that.

That's good. But did you ever consider that the whole thread, the comparison and the Xbox One itself isn't made for your needs only? While it doesn't fit you(so it's not a positive feature), it DOES fit a lot of other people.

You could easily say that about the X1's internet requirement though. Just because it's fine for me doesn't mean it's fine for everyone and such.

If games were built to take full advantage of both machines, you could leverage more with the PS4 than you could with the One because of it's superior hardware.

If? If? If? hilarious. CELL anyone? I knew you guys would go on about hypothetical situations,because it didn't pan out the way you were confident it would.

The main difference is that the PS4 doesn't really need cloud rendering to make up for the fact that it has crap hardware, it's just something they have added in. With Microsoft it looks like it's going to be necessary just to get decent visuals out of the machine's weak hardware.

i love your fairytales. did you really come up with those all by yourself? so all of the games shown were all rendering graphics from the cloud in real time. interesting. that in itself is amazing.

the PS4 is a machine built for real gamers. And when you factor in the fact that the PS4 is also a lot cheaper than the xbox... well that really does just drive the final nail in the coffin.

Right. real gamers dont have internet,dont pay for online multiplayer, and don't like amazing exclusives. And better products are cheaper...because who likes awesome features and extra hardware? WOW im speechless.

• Like 2

If? If? If? hilarious. CELL anyone?

What does CELL have to do with anything? The PS4 isn't using CELL architecture.

If the systems are running on x86, but one has more grunt, developers should be able to squeeze more out of it. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable assertion.

What does CELL have to do with anything? The PS4 isn't using CELL architecture.

If the systems are running on x86, but one has more grunt, developers should be able to squeeze more out of it. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable assertion.

the cell reference was just a comparison to whats being said now,and what was said then.

they can both be x86 and using similar gpu architecture, but determining performance based on compute units doesn't tell the whole story,which is what was proven in the last few days. xbox360 had special logic in the chip which gave penalty free AA,zbuff,alpha blending,which would halve the performance of a high end PC graphics card running a game at 1080p if those options were enabled and done on the gpu. it isn't inconceivable that custom logic was designed in the xbox one chip to offload such work from the gpu,which is exactly what the last xbox did. as we saw the PS4 did not triumph graphically, in fact it was even worse with its performance.

You could easily say that about the X1's internet requirement though. Just because it's fine for me doesn't mean it's fine for everyone and such.

+1 Very true, but by looking at the xbox live membership count it's seems like the internet requirement shouldn't be a problem for the majority of players. The difference is that most people who don't have a problem with it doesn't talk about it on forums and in interviews. :-)

If? If? If? hilarious. CELL anyone? I knew you guys would go on about hypothetical situations,because it didn't pan out the way you were confident it would.

Cell is irrelevant since Cell/Xenon were two totally disparate architectures. The respective Jaguar APUs aren't.

when it comes to innovative features, the xbox One comes out on top, hands down. I'm sure you can't dispute that.

but some of those features some people doesn't really care about, or maybe it's because it's not on their favorite console. but all in all, they are features that people can live without.

from what I can see the ps4 is just a better ps3 version. nothing more nothing less, because really, there's not much you can get on a ps4 that you can't get on a ps3.

most ps4 fans say, I just want to play games on my console, that's cool. nothing wrong with that.

but most xbox One fans say I want to do more with my console than just play games, nothings wrong with that either.

from what I'm seeing all over the internet, initial sales of the xbox might not be so good. but who knows maybe it'll change over time when people start to realize the difference both consoles offer and when the cost sort of equals out.

sometimes the most innovative ones aren't the ones that sells the most. lets see how well Microsoft can inform people of the benefits their console brings to the table.

from what I'm seeing all over the internet, initial sales of the xbox might not be so good. but who knows maybe it'll change over time when people start to realize the difference both consoles offer and when the cost sort of equals out.

wheres you hear pre order numbers from? are they referencing that amazon list again? that says nothing about actual preorders,even though xbox is now back topping the list

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

I'll take Sony's lack of innovation over anything Microsoft will be offering on the One at this point. I'm a 360 owner, btw and skipped PS3.

* Set-top box capability - Doesn't mean **** too me. I don't have cable.

* DRM policies - Eat sh*t and die!

* No backwards compatibility, the worst being the loss of all my downloaded XBL Arcade titles - That's a kick in the nuts!

* Multi-tasking - I came to play a game, nothing else.

* Kinect - Meh....

* Small/non replaceable HDD - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid......

* $499 MSRP - Are they on ****ing drugs??

Nothing for me here.... All this and factor in their sheer arrogance as of late make me absolutely despise them as a company.

wheres you hear pre order numbers from? are they referencing that amazon list again? that says nothing about actual preorders,even though xbox is now back topping the list

http://www.amazon.co...es/ref=sv_vg_11

Xbox One may be topping the list, but 2 and 3 are technically the same product/console. I believe Amazon reported that they sold out of their release-day delivery allotment so that's why the second listing popped up.

So, adding TV capabilities and a tablet controller is innovating but adding entire streaming and sharing features never seen in a console before isn't innovating?

No, because the Xbox One can and will be able to do all of that also, without a dedicated button... and will be using the superior Twitch instead of crappy Ustream. Thing is, PS4>XB1 in almost every way.

Xbox One may be topping the list, but 2 and 3 are technically the same product/console. I believe Amazon reported that they sold out of their release-day delivery allotment so that's why the second listing popped up.

the list is based on the last 24 hours. the other xbox has been sold out for much longer. if you sell just 1 item,you'll rank higher than an item that has been sold out for longer than 24 hours. these items keep jumping and dropping all over the place if you keep checking.

when it comes to innovative features, the xbox One comes out on top, hands down. I'm sure you can't dispute that.

but some of those features some people doesn't really care about, or maybe it's because it's not on their favorite console. but all in all, they are features that people can live without.

from what I can see the ps4 is just a better ps3 version. nothing more nothing less, because really, there's not much you can get on a ps4 that you can't get on a ps3.

most ps4 fans say, I just want to play games on my console, that's cool. nothing wrong with that.

but most xbox One fans say I want to do more with my console than just play games, nothings wrong with that either.

sometimes the most innovative ones aren't the ones that sells the most. lets see how well Microsoft can inform people of the benefits their console brings to the table.

Exactly how I see it. I feel there's more exploration to do different things in gaming with the Wii U and Xbox One than the PS4. I believe that's what's moves us forward to the holodeck. LOL.

interesting....you described the natural evolution of gaming console (be MORE powerful than the generation before it) and you think that should be the "be all, end all"? just wow.

Oh come on, don't give me that obnoxious "just wow" drivel. I did not say it should be the, "be all, end all".

You said:

the ps4 offers VERY LITTLE over the ps3.

It's an odd thing to say becaue the PS4 can play next-gen games as that's the primary point of a next-gen games console.

I don't understand how that means it's offering "very little over the PS3"; it's offering exactly what it's supposed to as a next-gen games console.

Clearly what you expect from a games console, is more than a games console. Which is an odd thing to expect.

I, & plenty of others, just want to play next-gen games. & in that case the PS4 offers quite alot of over the PS3... as the PS3 can't play next-gen games.

If that makes sense. :rolleyes:

What does the cell have to do with the PS4? The PS4's specs have been reviewed in comparison to the Xbone and the PS4 is more powerful overall. Looking at this comparison, why wouldn't the hardware on the PS4 be able to be utilized better than the Xbone? It's totally a possibility.

untitledxcstj.png

Completely agree. All that Sony is doing is building on what the PS3 is by improving graphics and the user interface. They aren't innovating new ways to play or new areas that the console could be used for at all.

I realized the same thing about the Playstation following the press conference... It's not that Sony hasn't innovated at all, it's the way they are innovating.

Xbox One is breaking huge ground with the ability to instantly switch and snap apps... Having game wikis snapped to the side of a game is an incredible thought. Having Twitch built in is also cool... Running cable TV through the game system really pushes the envelope to levels none of us can grasp until we actually see it in person. But none of that is as exciting to me as the idea of never having to swap out a game disc again! Just think about that for a second... Yeah, kind of brings light to the whole need for DRM. Equally exciting is cloud based gaming! Those of you that aren't tech savvy likely can't see what this technology brings to the table... Imagine ever changing, truly dynamic, worlds! This innovation is something that truly pushes gaming into the next generation.

Xbox One might struggle at first but once its true capabilities are seen none of the bashing is going to matter... Remember the Xbox? Few believed in it back then, but Xbox Live (through 360) pushed boundaries to make the Xbox 360 #1. There's nothing bad about the PS4, just be sure you're buying it for the right reasons!