It means 95% of players bought cod on a console instead of PC.  Last time I logged in like 4 weeks after release on 360 it had over 400k players online.  DayZ would sell just as much or more as an alpha console version at a discount price like it is.  Counterstrike is the only FPS that's worth getting on the  PC because of mods. 

Look at the all time best selling charts. Theres only like 4 PC games in the top 100 and you gotta go to like 54 to find the first one.

You think most PC gamers buy physical discs from somewhere like Amazon?

Think the last time I bought a disc was like MOH:AA/BF2 era.

For a group who like to think themselves superior, the PC gamers sure like to moan so much when games that look good on the console aren't PC exclusive or something. It's almost as bad as the PS vs Xbox bickering, move along. The game looks great, people who've played it says it's fun, that should all hold true for it's PC version as well. 

Even Valve thinks FPS should be on a console.  What do you think a Steambox is?  Small computer with a gamepad connected to the TV? Hmmm....   If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

• Like 3

Even Valve thinks FPS should be on a console.  What do you think a Steambox is?  Small computer with a gamepad connected to the TV? Hmmm....   If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

Actually I think consoles are small PCs, if anything (especially this generation) :p Unless we're going to retro actively change history and say consoles came first :laugh:

As for Titanfall and the player numbers, the one huge advantage PC will have over the console versions is the console command and source engine. A very simple line and bang, 32 real players.

As for Titanfall and the player numbers, the one huge advantage PC will have over the console versions is the console command and source engine. A very simple line and bang, 32 real players.

Just because it uses the source engine doesn't mean it would be that simple. If the game and maps only support 6v6 then even if the cfg has the value, you'd only accomplish crashing the game. 

Just because it uses the source engine doesn't mean it would be that simple. If the game and maps only support 6v6 then even if the cfg has the value, you'd only accomplish crashing the game. 

Well assuming it is like every other source game then. Until it's released we won't know, but it will happen eventually, regardless of difficulty. Only server ops have to worry about it anyway.

Actually I think consoles are small PCs, if anything (especially this generation) :p Unless we're going to retro actively change history and say consoles came first :laugh:

You're absolutely right.  What I meant to point our was the similarities.  In the past consoles were boxes with gamepads connected to the living room TV.  PCs had keyboard and mouse input connected to one or two monitors.  The innards of a console are a PC and a PC is moving to the living room to act as a console.

You know.. games in the past "like old school cod" were meant for 5vs5 or 6v6 only in competitive play, but you could play standard mp games with 12vs12 or more. I mean it was the SAME map.. nothing different, just more people running around.  

I just wonder why they limited the number to 6v6 of HUMAN opponents. There HAS to be a reason. Was it server stability? Was it they were worried they wouldn't have enough money to pay for servers to handle that kind of load or something at first? 

They said they tested with more but went with 6v6 because that is what worked best in their testing.  Maybe after the game is out and being played by more people they'll look at upping it.  One of the things I liked about halo 4 MP was big team 8v8, but even 4v4 can be just as fun on a good map. 

It's obvious their focus is not on the PC. Realistically it should be a PC only title and done right. The type of game and its scale are perfectly suited - and not suited at all for consoles.

I'm sorry but since you aren't on the dev team for Titanfall and you haven't even played the game how exactly do you know what is perfectly suited for it? Let them make their choices, whether you like them or not has no place in their game choices.

EDIT: Enough of this arguing now though, at the end of the day regardless of platform we'll all be playing the same game and enjoying the hell out of it.

Edited by Brendeth

I can tell you the 6vs6 worked GREAT on Xbone. I mean with the Grunts on the map its actually 12vs12, but here is the thing to think about. After the first 2 minutes everyone can get Titans right? (minus the AI guys) so thats 12 titans theoretically running around the map and no soldiers.. If you say bump that up to 12vs12. Thats 24 titans running around.. The maps are like COD maps NOT BF maps, so they honestly aren't big enough to support 24 Titans, much less honestly 24 titans all attacking each other in close proximity wouldn't be fun.  Its really not fun now when you have 6 on 6 titans attacking each other because most of the time its a 3 on 1 deal or whatever. 

and I'm right too. Sorry to break it you.

It's like playing Need for Speed or FIFA on a keyboard.

It's pure opinion. Just because one form of control is more accurate than the other, doesn't mean the other "doesn't belong". 

It's pure opinion. Just because one form of control is more accurate than the other, doesn't mean the other "doesn't belong". 

That seems to be your opinion. It's the incorrect one to hold...in my opinion.

That seems to be your opinion. It's the incorrect one to hold...in my opinion.

So developers should only focus on a smaller market to please you. If you're unhappy with a game being simplified complain to the dev about it, but don't blame it on consoles, they're not the cause. there's also no reason why making a game for console should affect the PC version, if you think it does complain to the dev about it. 

without consoles to fuel development and fill wallets, your precious PC games would be a whole lot fewer and a whole lot uglier. 

You think most PC gamers buy physical discs from somewhere like Amazon?

Think the last time I bought a disc was like MOH:AA/BF2 era.

If anything, fewer and fewer do - pretty much the ONLY reason that some do is due to paying cash.

(Real-life example: I paid cash for the Simcity core game because I bought the physical game from a retailer; however, I bought the Cities of Tomorrow ULC with a prepaid card, and thus got an unlock code, redeemable via Origin.)

The other reason - in fact, the biggest reason - for the trend toward e-purchases is that such are cheaper than purchasing the physical game - even in the United States.  (Even GameStop charges less for e-purchases than retail purchases - and they still have physical stores; check the price difference between the Impulse/GameStop app storefront vs. the same game in the store.)

If anything, fewer and fewer do - pretty much the ONLY reason that some do is due to paying cash.

(Real-life example: I paid cash for the Simcity core game because I bought the physical game from a retailer; however, I bought the Cities of Tomorrow ULC with a prepaid card, and thus got an unlock code, redeemable via Origin.)

The other reason - in fact, the biggest reason - for the trend toward e-purchases is that such are cheaper than purchasing the physical game - even in the United States.  (Even GameStop charges less for e-purchases than retail purchases - and they still have physical stores; check the price difference between the Impulse/GameStop app storefront vs. the same game in the store.)

The only time I'll still buy physical copies of PC games is when it's cheaper or a series that I really care about (including times they box extras).

The only time I'll still buy physical copies of PC games is when it's cheaper or a series that I really care about (including times they box extras).

Precisely, Andrew.  In short, purchasing the physical game (like any other physical product) has to be worth it - in the case of games (even PC games) and especially due to discounts, the bar has very much been raised, and by a not-insignificant amount.  Look at Blizzard's Starcraft II "Heart Of the Swarm" Collector's Edition, and the utter LACK of price difference compared to the physical "Regular Edition" at Best Buy, for example.  (The Collector's Edition includes the Art Book and complete audio track collection - for an extra cost of none; the very definition of "value add".)

and I'm right too. Sorry to break it you.

It's like playing Need for Speed or FIFA on a keyboard.

Maybe FIFA; however, I've played every NFS game I've played on a keyboard.  (Same applied to Madden - when it was still available for PC, or even Tiger Woods PGA Tour or every FPS  I've ever owned.)

The ONLY games I bought a controller (of any sort) for were the Terminal Velocity and Descent series, and Forsaken - and that was a joystick.

I can see FIFA requiring programmed macros - which are commonplace in most controller software.  (I tried FIFA - both 13 and 14 - on a keyboard, and there are tons of controller-isms in merely the tutorials for both games - apparently, the game's developer thought "controller" first, not keyboard. Note that I said "controller" - not "console".)