TV is infected with reality Shows

High quality original shows are starting to get much more of their revenue from the internet and it may come to a point where it becomes the primary source.

I feel this could have been slowed down if TV didn't wasn't overpopulated with hundreds of channels. The idea was to offer people more content. It's done that but it's of lower quality as all of the channels seek to fill the whole day with material. Thus they either show old programs, repeat programs often or produce lower quality programs. When a channel does produce a high quality program, it doesn't stand out because it's stuck amongst all the clutter.

The internet is really good for filtering out bad content and it allows you to watch the content on demand. The only thing holding it back is the lack of good outlets, Netflix is very poor, the potential is massive.

Netflix is $8, if you could watch almost every movie/TV show in the world on demand, how much would you pay? I think they could easily go for $100 per month, people already easily pay $60+ for TV.

What is with all of these reality shows now?

For instance

Theres:

Storage Wars

Some of these shows are good, but TV has this reality show virus that reality shows either multiply or a original reality show mutates into another spinoff.

No idea what anyone watches trash like this. e.g. Someone finds some trash in a storage locker, and then manages to find some sucker who will pay thousands for it.

Even more unbelievable that it cost them (say) $50, but they refuse to accept an offer of $1500 - they want $2000 instead.

greedy fools, typical American trash.

They should call them unreality. Every one of them is scripted, it's just a matter of degree. Two examples...

Operation Repo - I know for a fact that repo men/women can't lay their hands on someone else unless it's in self-defense, the bald headed guy does it constantly.

Hardcore Pawn - This one is a complete joke. Even in Detroit, do you really think there are that many angry customers coming into the store that want to pick a fist fight with the owner?

I could go on but why bother, these shows are why I stopped watching TV, just movies for me. :D

Ooperation Repo is completely scripted. Or at least they're dramatizations of real events, but with actors in their places.

TV companies for some reasons love calling shows "Wars", like Shipping Wars, Storage Wars, Parking Wars, Property Wars. I think the word 'war' somehow makes the show attract more viewers.