Why is Neowin so biased towards Xbox?

I mean, I think we all know Neowin is biased towards Microsoft Xbox and I'm sure there's a bit of money being thrown around. But seriously, this is a bit comical just how skewed the frontpage is towards Xbox when there is plenty of news coming out of E3 for Sony's PS4.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VmGJ5sU.jpg

I counted at least 19 Xbox related articles and 2 PS4 articles...

EDIT: update title and wording to better reflect my opinion (Xbox versus Microsoft in general)

• Like 3

You realise that the "win" in Neowin stands for Windows right?

Yes, but I mean, if they're going to allow non-PC gaming discussion, at least try to be somewhat reasonable with their coverage ;)

And you are surprised because of?

Neowin is partly an official PR outlet for Microsoft.

Not surprised, I just found it to be comical.how skewed the articles were on the main page :)

1) NeoWIN. It's in the name, of course they check on Microsoft's stuff.

2) What information about the PS4 is there that hasn't been reported?

3) Have you sent a news tip to the team?

4) Have you written an article, started or contributed to a thread with some information that Neowin didn't mention?

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Depends on the author too.. a good number of them could easily fall into the clickbait category and are decidedly not pro Microsoft. Do agree though, kind of skimpy on the PS4 coverage.

• Like 2

Not surprised, I just found it to be comical.how skewed the articles were on the main page :)

It is BS how the reporters are biased because people want to see all of the things out of E3 and not just MS stuff. You kinda get used to seeing it here at Neowin.

For the record, I'm not trying to start any (more) issues, I just glanced at the frontpage and was surprised at the lack of coverage for the PS4. The fact that it's $399, $100 less than the Xbox One, should have been enough to be someone near the top of the frontpage, news-wise.

Just do as I do and pickup some slack by posting a ton of Sony (or Nintendo if that's your thing) topics in the forum. You'll never get a 50/50 site, but yes, Neowin on the whole is far more pro-MS, even on the staff front.

The PS4/Xbox One poll surprised me, but I guess even some of the biggest MS fans can't stick the horrible DRM.

• Like 3

1) NeoWIN. It's in the name, of course they check on Microsoft's stuff.

2) What information about the PS4 is there that hasn't been reported?

3) Have you sent a news tip to the team?

4) Have you written an article, started or contributed to a thread with some information that Neowin didn't mention?

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

1) I totally get that

2) What information about the Xbox One hasn't been reported already? I mean, the articles near the top are things we've known for a few days now. "Microsoft reveals pricing for Xbox One" could use a companion of "Sony reveals pricing for PS4" since, you know, that's another major player in the console world...

3) I have not, though I don't see a tip button

4) I didn't even know I could submit articles, I thought the forum was my only source of contribution?

There has been plenty of PS4 news on the frontpage past few days, including the price announcement that you say doesn't exist.

post-77271-0-63347000-1371209039.png

Fair enough I suppose.

The tip button is on every page of Neowin:

D6A9YuB.jpg

Sure, you can't post articles to the front page. But if you were to write articles yourself and post them in the forums I'm sure the staff would take note for the future.

I mean, I think we all know Neowin is biased towards Microsoft Xbox and I'm sure there's a bit of money being thrown around. But seriously, this is a bit comical just how skewed the frontpage is towards Xbox when there is plenty of news coming out of E3 for Sony's PS4.

EDIT: update title and wording to better reflect my opinion (Xbox versus Microsoft in general)

The coverage might be weaker, but generally favorable.. Have you read this yet? https://www.neowin.net/news/e3-2013-microsoft-you-have-some-splainin-to-do

BTW We aren't paid by Microsoft at all for favorable mentions, we aren't paid by Microsoft except for ads they themselves run via our advertiser (of which we have no direct control over).

I suppose it is fun though to think you're being shafted when there's no real proof of it. Complain away!

I guess you could say this is NeoWin, but then that still doesn't make sense. I would say that most of the information about Sony's PS4 would have been out on Feb 20th, 2013, there really isn't much to add.

The conference was pretty empty of content unless you don't own a PC of any kind or you didn't see the Feb 20th, conference.

Why is Neowin so biased towards Xbox?

Because that's the way it is :) Neowin is a private server.

When you start your own blog, you can place the bias there in any way you like it.

These posts are really getting tiring. Anyone wining and complaining about Neowin and what the do, post, and so on...you dont have to be here. There are a ton of other sites out there. Neowin is not the only site for information. I dont use Neowin only to read all my news/tech news (I also look/read other sites) and if there is an article I am not interested in, I dont read it.

The fact Neobond liked that post says everything about this site.

Especially when it comes from a ****ing moron who doesn't know the first thing about Playstation too busy wanking over his Xbox.

Yes that was totally worth the ban.

Dear oh dear..

I don't own an Xbox. I do have a Wii though which I haven't used in ages. See how easy it is for certain members to assume everything, yet know nothing?

not a gamer

Basically, indirectly its a bunch of fanboys pushing the articles to the front page. Neowin obviously always focused on windows for years, but it wasn't this troll nightmare it is now.

No just sick of the rampant Microsoft fanboyism of this site. I was calling Yogurt the moron not you.

My god man.. I started this site thirteen years ago to track Microsoft betas? It's what we became famous for. :s

• Like 3

Look, I can agree there is a lot of Xbox One news.. a lot. But those articles are performing well, and we cater to demand.

You can always skip them. It's not like our staff are imposing anything in the forums one way or another between any consoles?

A tip: The forums are better for discussion anyway, the news post comments tend to be mind numbing. Neowin has always been known for its Gamers Hangout anyway as opposed to front page gaming news.

The only reoccurring problem in the GH, and its existed for years, is topic down voting. I'm used to it now, don't care, but I do know the Neowin devs can track it behind the scenes so potentially people could be done for mindlessly 1 star voting.

Its really not that big a deal what they want to put on the front page, they aren't a dedicated gaming news site. The only time I felt it sucked a little was on the podcasts where DL seemed to be the only one who knew more in depth things about Sony.

You can always skip them. It's not like our staff are imposing anything in the forums one way or another between any consoles?

Exactly. And the front page is not the only place where articles are posted. There are individual forums for a lot of popular topics that people can, and do post in.

I think some people just like to complain.