I'm not sure if it's a new thing, or because I just unlocked it (lol), but PoE has matchmaking enabled. Only for the base tier though, named enemies still require manual matchmaking.

Strangest thing about the lack of matchmaking in Destiny, and the people who don't want it purely because that's how it's currently configured. Saw a guy last night saying that matchmaking was bad and he was glad Bungie didn't add it, then lamented there was no easy in-game way to find people to make a fireteam to go do events.

lvl 28 is matchmade because you can do it without too much trouble, once you get to lvl 34/35 it gets too hard to do it without comms for the most part, so best to get a proper team you can rely on.

Just trying to get everything sorted for attempting the Raid tomorrow, I've not read or watched anything on it so going in completely fresh as is everyone else so remembering how much we struggled with the others this should be fun!

I think I gave up on raids unless my friend can organize something.  Heh.  I'll do anything I can do solo and the rest if opportunities arise, but not really stressing about it.

Oh it's frustrating at the start but after weeks of doing it, working out how it's best done etc then it's fun to look back at where you came from. I'm sure I've said it a million times in this thread, but I remember spending hours just trying to get through the abyss in Crota's End, to that taking us around 10 minutes if that now.

Means Destiny has no story and you have to make it all up yourself >.>

I'm ambivalent about the upcoming microtransactions system, it could be good by allowing everybody to play extra story content without having to shell out for it, but I can't imagine they're going to make a lot of money out of dance moves and shaders.

Means Destiny has no story and you have to make it all up yourself >.>

I'm ambivalent about the upcoming microtransactions system, it could be good by allowing everybody to play extra story content without having to shell out for it, but I can't imagine they're going to make a lot of money out of dance moves and shaders.

TBH I think that's actually now a slightly unfair comment with the Taken King, sure there are holes in the story but it has a pretty good one when compared to everything that came before it.

Yeah, I certainly won't be interested in spending money for stuff like this and I would have thought I'm in a majority but I guess time will tell. I'd be slightly reluctant, but happy to pay another £35 for another 2 DLC's like the first two packs. I'd prefer two new raids rather than something new like Prison of Elders though as I get more enjoyment out of it. 

I thin Bungies focus is probably now shifting to have most of their focus on the true Destiny 2.0.

Oh yeah, the story in TTK is much more fleshed out. History the the Traveler, the other species it uplifted and then abandoned, why and how it stayed on Earth, "The Deep", etc.

Annoyingly, they give you this story, but that just gets you interested in the other things they haven't told you.

Bungie have enabled the quest line for the Sleeper Simulant, and it turns out it was rather easy (People thought it'd be this deep intricate quest, nope) Turns out after picking up all 4 DVALIN relics, there's a daily heroic mission involving Rasputin you need to play that gives you another quest item (Encoded transceiver), you enter the right codes into it and you unlock another quest (Timed version of the Cayde's Stash mission), then do the Fallen S.A.B.R.E. strike, and you get it from Banshee afterwards.

The only really annoying part is the timing, you need to have the weapon parts that are dropped randomly, then you need to play the time locked mission to trigger the quest line. If you don't have the parts (I've got 1), or miss the mission, you just have to wait until it opens up again.

I still need one more Warsat and then to move on to the SABRE strike but I gave up part way through the night to give the Raid another try. Up to the daughters of Oryx, we think we now understand how to do it but it was getting late so people had to drop.

• 4 weeks later...

The post TTK "Everything is awesome" feeling is wearing off for me as I've yet again hit the "You need to be in a clan" barrier and I can't do any of the good activities that give good rewards, the heroic strikes are it for me (1 whole legendary engram woo!)

I don't understand how LFG sites are supposed to be better than in-game matchmaking, it's the exact same players looking to do the exact same activities, it's just harder to form a group.

Edit: I just want to give Trials of Osiris a go :cry: I hear the rewards are good enough to offset having to play PvP.

I've done everything but the raids at this point.  I can help with nightfalls if you want, no raids yet though.  I tried one with just three of us and we bombed it...still did pretty good though, just not good enough.

Not planning on doing any PvP at all though.

Even with the raids I'm starting to hit that point, still enjoying it and although we can complete the normal Raid it's not as smooth as I'd like so we've not attempted the Hard yet. For our group I just don't see us ever doing it but I'm sure I thought that about VoG and Crota at one point but we made it.

Alright, finally got in a raid...which happened to be the last one...I don't have the patience for this retarded jumping puzzle crap yeesh

I assume you mean the ships? The first time we attempted that as a group it took us about 20-30 minutes to complete, now we mostly hop across in one ( I didn't even use the side platform last time around). Take your time and learn the pattern.

I know the second half better than I know the first but I think I could probably talk someone through it from memory now.

I would say the raid took us 4 roughly 4 hour sessions to complete, that was partly because one only typically get on once a week to Raid so each time we had to start from the beginning. So yes it means it took us longer than a normal group but it also meant that the former stages were being perfected more and more. 

So my advice is don't give up and keep trying. We figured 90% of it without resorting to YouTube guides so it can be done.

What platform are you on by the way, I assume from previous posts you have a steady group of 3 friends that play but you struggle with getting another 3?

So my advice is don't give up and keep trying. We figured 90% of it without resorting to YouTube guides so it can be done.

What platform are you on by the way, I assume from previous posts you have a steady group of 3 friends that play but you struggle with getting another 3?

To be honest it kind of brought home the fact that I'm really not accomplishing anything by playing this game.

I'm going back to trying to finish other stuff at the moment.  Always been more of a solo player anyway.

X1, though.  Don't have any plans to get a PS4 since it's hard to justify three gaming platforms on my budget.

To be honest it kind of brought home the fact that I'm really not accomplishing anything by playing this game.

I'm going back to trying to finish other stuff at the moment.  Always been more of a solo player anyway.

X1, though.  Don't have any plans to get a PS4 since it's hard to justify three gaming platforms on my budget.

I'm on X1, whilst I generally don't get on much if you and your friends want to do any of the three Raids I'm sure I could try and arrange a group of us to help you through? 

Edit: I will say though, each raid requires communication so it's only going to happen if you guys are happy to talk to complete strangers :)

But accomplishing nothing is exactly what this game is about! :laugh: The question is whether you are having fun with that or not. 

Yeah I guess I was just playin so much I stopped enjoying it and didn't notice.  :(

Heh!  Will have to figure that crap out.

I can relate. I found Destiny's gameplay (as a coop FPS, not so much the MMO dynamics) so enjoyable right from the beta that it took me a long while (like, a whole year) to stop and think "why am I still playing this game?".

I wanted to like it, that's why, but it's been a story of an unrelinquished love :laugh: 

I can relate. I found Destiny's gameplay (as a coop FPS, not so much the MMO dynamics) so enjoyable right from the beta that it took me a long while (like, a whole year) to stop and think "why am I still playing this game?".

I wanted to like it, that's why, but it's been a story of an unrelinquished love :laugh: 

I think that's the story of most Destiny players, this week is the first week since release I don't plan on playing it at all. Giving some other games a chance but if I get on tonight and my usual group try and tempt me, I don't think it will take much.