It's only a timed event so it's not the end of the world if you get bored imo. I think it will be pushed out much like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.

I'm liking it, nice change of pace. Really well done considering that this is an FPS first and foremost. (Y)

I'm going to be running through the Kings Fall Raid (normal) for the first time tonight, never really done much raiding at all, anything I should know before starting? I'm light level 285 atm...

1 minute ago, mikebiacsi said:

It's only a timed event so it's not the end of the world if you get bored imo. I think it will be pushed out much like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.

I'm liking it, nice change of pace. Really well done considering that this is an FPS first and foremost. (Y)

I'm going to be running through the Kings Fall Raid (normal) for the first time tonight, never really done much raiding at all, anything I should know before starting? I'm light level 285 atm...

I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, I do hope they bring it back and with more maps etc.

At Light level 285... don't expect to finish it. I don't think it's possible to complete it much below 290. If your group are all 300 + then they should be able to drag you through and hopefully you'll get some good enough drops to get your light level up before the end. Do the rest of your group know how to finish the raid?

3 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, I do hope they bring it back and with more maps etc.

At Light level 285... don't expect to finish it. I don't think it's possible to complete it much below 290. If your group are all 300 + then they should be able to drag you through and hopefully you'll get some good enough drops to get your light level up before the end. Do the rest of your group know how to finish the raid?

Yeah they have all completed it in hard mode, hopefully they don't mind dragging me through haha.

Just now, mikebiacsi said:

Yeah they have all completed it in hard mode, hopefully they don't mind dragging me through haha.

Oh then you'll be absolutely fine, might be a bit boring at times as you might be an easy target.

What Class are you running as?

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Oh then you'll be absolutely fine, might be a bit boring at times as you might be an easy target.

What Class are you running as?

My main is a Warlock, I was going to rock the sunsinger sub class.

Good choice, the self res will come in handy and the Warlock Jump is fine for this Raid - I've not ran it much as a Hunter but there is a certain part I really really struggle with.

I've not managed to run the Hard raid yet as the group I play with struggle on normal at certain aspects and it's just not worth the pain. 

If you get into Raids, I'd definitely suggest going back to the old ones too, Crota's End is a bit easy now but Vault of Glass can still be challenging but both are great fun.

Just bought The Taken King Legendary Edition for my 360. Hoping I didn't just waste £20!

Question: I don't currently have a Gold subscription, is it needed to play the game or is it just limited without? I am thinking of getting a 3 month subscription if it is needed to play and see how it goes.

Also do I just start play TTK or do I start with the original Destiny game that released in 2014?

Just now, randomevent said:

You only need Gold to do the Strikes or Raids methinks.

Ok cool so I can start playing the game and see if I like it before getting Gold? I am hoping I will enjoy it, I have heard lots of good things about TTK.

12 minutes ago, kozukumi said:

Ok cool so I can start playing the game and see if I like it before getting Gold? I am hoping I will enjoy it, I have heard lots of good things about TTK.

Yeah, most of it doesn't require it at all.  There's still a decent amount of content that does, though.

Got it today. Downloading all the updates took forever even on my 100Mbps internet. Guess it is the awful wifi in the Xbox 360 and I didn't have a long enough ethernet. Oh well it is done now!

So far I am loving Destiny. Feels like Halo but improved. Better than Halo 5 in terms of "feel" IMHO. The whole MMO thing is a little strange but I am getting used to it. Got myself a year of Xbox Live for £24.99 so I am happy with that :)

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, Bungie have ruined Nightfalls with this latest DLC. I know you didn't always get top level gear anyway but it was the closest thing. I'm fed up of running them and getting 12 Strange Coins/motes, a 290 - 300 Ghost or a 290 weapon.

I've given up on Destiny till they get some new stuff. Been stale after SRL and we don't know when the next big thing is happening. It sucks. 

Yep - I've been struggling to get a raid group together so not really seen a point, Nightfalls drop rubbish loot and I've done everything else a million times only. I've heard the next thing to happen is they are going to do 2.0's of Vault of Glass and Crota's End and add the challenges into those and improve the ratings on the stuff dropped but if and when that happens I have no idea.

20 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Yep - I've been struggling to get a raid group together so not really seen a point, Nightfalls drop rubbish loot and I've done everything else a million times only. I've heard the next thing to happen is they are going to do 2.0's of Vault of Glass and Crota's End and add the challenges into those and improve the ratings on the stuff dropped but if and when that happens I have no idea.

If you're on xbox (360 or one) I've been trying to get a RAID team together.

There are rumors of a new story soon, 2 or 3 new ghosts cropped up the other week (Dec patch) with some new Grimore that indicates a new story line, something to do with the Stranger and possible the Nine (there's a thoughts that's who she's talking to on comms in some of the cut scenes.

But yeh we've not even had a Bungie weekly update since Christmas, so hopefully they're saving up for something big.

7 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

If you're on xbox (360 or one) I've been trying to get a RAID team together.

There are rumors of a new story soon, 2 or 3 new ghosts cropped up the other week (Dec patch) with some new Grimore that indicates a new story line, something to do with the Stranger and possible the Nine (there's a thoughts that's who she's talking to on comms in some of the cut scenes.

But yeh we've not even had a Bungie weekly update since Christmas, so hopefully they're saving up for something big.

OOOOH I wasn't aware of new ghosts (not that I've ever bothered making sure I have them all anyway) so I might need to look that one up.

I'm on Xbox One - how many spaces are you looking to fill for a fireteam? I've got a group of 4-5 that are fairly reliable but one of the guys seems to have dropped off the face of the planet.

I assume by Vault of Glass you mean the steps part where they disappear?  Have you tried watching some YouTube videos on how to handle it?

I can't think of any jumping puzzle in the Crota's End raid.

As for Kings Fall, I'd assume the ships are getting you? It's all about learning the pattern. I pretty much know where they are going to come from by memory now and the only time I struggle is with my Hunter because I just cannot get one of the jumps right, I've never tried for too long as it's possible for the other players to just pull you through providing enough make it across.

Oh... yeah It's pretty impossible to finish the Vault of Glass because of its mechanics in how to complete it. There are ways to finish Crota in a smaller group but not by doing it correctly. Same with the Taken King, I think it can be done in smaller groups but you have to "glitch" certain elements.

4 hours ago, Skiver said:

OOOOH I wasn't aware of new ghosts (not that I've ever bothered making sure I have them all anyway) so I might need to look that one up.

I'm on Xbox One - how many spaces are you looking to fill for a fireteam? I've got a group of 4-5 that are fairly reliable but one of the guys seems to have dropped off the face of the planet.

Yeh, I've got no where near all of them, but my mate told me some new ones came in the Dec update.

That would probably fit us well, there's 2 of us.

3rd only got Destiny at xmas so they're only just hitting level 40 now, would need some time before they could join.

I imagine we'll be free this weekend, but I'll have to check with my mate.

P.S. I'm 309 and he's 308 at last check

2 minutes ago, philcruicks said:

Yeh, I've got no where near all of them, but my mate told me some new ones came in the Dec update.

That would probably fit us well, there's 2 of us.

3rd only got Destiny at xmas so they're only just hitting level 40 now, would need some time before they could join.

I imagine we'll be free this weekend, but I'll have to check with my mate.

P.S. I'm 309 and he's 308 at last check

Unfortunately we usually Raid on Tuesday nights, so weekends don't really work I'm afraid. We normally get on about 21:00 on Tuesdays and crack through a raid or two if possible which does sometimes mean a late finish - usually an aim of about midnight but have played till 1am occasionally to try and get stuff done.

Guessing from the above that might not work for you?