@spacee: glad someone else notice the halo and borderlands mix. I love it as well.

Overall the hour I played left me very happy and wanting more. But sadly the first time I get into an alpha I'm excited about I am gone the next 4 days and it ends on Sunday :(.

My brothers going to make up for it by playing all weekend but I wish I could've.

Definitely glad I pre ordered as soon as I could.

Happy birthday spacer! ;)

This game feels soooooo much like Halo. Yeah I know it's made by Bungie, but jeez they went all out Halo clone on this.

I really enjoy the gameplay and graphics. Very sweet.

I totally agree.  So many aspects of the game feel like HALO, but it is such a nice refreshing feeling to play something this well designed again.  Good break from the BF3/BF4 let-downs.

I still don't know many of the controls or special things yet, but the few hours I've played already seem to impress me.

Instead of going to bed I decided to check out the Alpha, as it finally finished downloading.

All I will say is after playing for over an hour I immediately went to BestBuy.com to use my reward zone certificates to preorder it. (Y)

Halo meets Bordlerlands is pretty much the best description of it, and honestly there is nothing wrong at all with that combination.

In fact it is damn near perfect from what I saw.

On top of that, the atmosphere was insanely good. 

Just nothing bad to say about it, and actually I am pretty sure I am not going to touch it again until it is released.

I want to experience it all fresh.

With all that said, the one and only mix up I had was with my PSN and Live accounts not being linked. They are both the same email address, so when I went to log into either, I could not link the other as it said it was already in use and could not be unlinked. So I have no idea if I am going to be able to successfully link them since they do use the same email address, and seriously I am more confused trying to read the Bungie FAQ about it. 

• Like 2

I only spent 15 minutes in it yesterday but was really underwhelmed by what I saw.  Poor last-gen graphics, bad physics, bad gun handling.

I'm not going to base my opinon off 15 minutes though, especially as that 15 minutes was spent in a poorly lit basement area, so going to give it a good few hours tonight with an open mind and see how it goes.

Halo + Borderlands is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of this game, so I'm glad you guys are saying that's what it feels like. Can't wait to get my hands on it during the beta!

P.S. I hate you guys so much right now

Has anyone gone to the alpha website to report bugs? I had to login with my PSN account, but then it had me create a Bungie account even though I already had one linked to my PSN and it's linked to the upcoming beta. Why did I have to create a new account? Are alpha accounts separate? (and going to be deleted at the end of the alpha)

Something else I really like about the progression in this game is that equipment can have unlockable things on them.

Last night I got a chest piece that, after getting enough xp while wearing it, I was able to upgrade to give me 20% more pulse rifle bullets. (pulse rifles are awesome, btw) Then I found a dome piece that will eventually give me a quicker grenade cooldown. I haven't found a weapon that has these unlockables on them, but they're definitely in the game.

I remember playing another game, maybe an MMO, that did something similar but I can't remember what it was. In any case, I love that the equipment you find has the potential to get better the longer you wear it.

• Like 2

lol bet preorders for destiny just shot way up after last night.  I woke up early this morning and played for an hour before work and i was very impressed.  Graphics were way better than i imagined from all the videos and gameplay stuff i have watched online somehow.  This is an alpha by name only cause it was working so smooth and seamless.  I had a blast playing through the first missions.    Made a hunter and i liked the customization and level progression.  I went and preordered right before work which i was late for because i lost track of time.   Really the person that said its like halo meets borderlands nailed it.  Early on anyhow it defiantly feels like its a halo spin off on another planet in the same universe. I mean that thing you carry with you is essentially the oracle he even opens doors the same way for you lol

So it sounds like MP is going to be in specific parts of the game and not just anywhere like a MMO?  This is good cuz I'd rather solo the story or do some co-op and not have to worry about PvP out of nowhere.

So it sounds like MP is going to be in specific parts of the game and not just anywhere like a MMO?  This is good cuz I'd rather solo the story or do some co-op and not have to worry about PvP out of nowhere.

Yeah, the whole game is solo/coop except for one specific "arena" type place. For example, today I was doing some solo missions and had 5-6 guys join the same world and we teamed up in a fireteam. This made missions sooooo much easier as each one of us specialized in a different weapon/species.

Just got in, Downloading now. too bad it ends on Sunday because i will only be able to play for a few hours tomorrow :(

If I it did not end so soon I would ask who wanted it then PM, but since it is a Saturday and I am also running this laptop donation thing it may be forgotten, so whoever needs a code for the PS4, here you are.

RL4A-M9N5-G7DN 

Just please let others know you claimed it. This way they do not waste their time.

Watching the game play videos really liking the look of the game but just wondering, the 'missions' are they instanced or is the game mmo style where you could have 20 other people in the area? Is the game basically like an mmo?

Do you have to complete this with other players? I am in the bit where you have to kill that big floating thing and just can't seem to do much damage to it on my own. Is there any other missions to play except this one in the Alpha?

Do you have to complete this with other players? I am in the bit where you have to kill that big floating thing and just can't seem to do much damage to it on my own. Is there any other missions to play except this one in the Alpha?

Certain Missions require other players, and on the map it will tell you prior to selecting those missions that it requires them It also shows on the map if a mission requires playstation plus to use (because of multiplayer)

Going to hop on tonight, not had time all weekend. Anyone know what time its running till?

Going to hop on tonight, not had time all weekend. Anyone know what time its running till?

Midnight tonight, PST.

Reached Max Level (8) bought the best Ship i could afford and have all uncommon equipment. Very happy with the game and now I am even more excited for it to come out in September :p

post-120066-0-20110400-1402859598.jpg

Here are a few more pics i took.

This guy got stuck in the air after I killed him.

post-120066-0-97995900-1402859741.jpg

This one is a pic i took of using Remote Play to play the game. It was actually rather difficult to play because the fire buttons where on the touch pad on the back.

post-120066-0-40677600-1402859788.jpg

• Like 1