One of the most beautiful games I've ever played. The gameplay is also superb. Halo-like, but better than Halo. I had a blast playing the Alpha. The only thing that bugged me was the enemies that would re-appear at the same place after killing them.

One of the most beautiful games I've ever played. The gameplay is also superb. Halo-like, but better than Halo. I had a blast playing the Alpha. The only thing that bugged me was the enemies that would re-appear at the same place after killing them.

That and their respawn times are a little too short. It feels like you've barely stepped away from an area and they're back, trapping you between 2 groups of enemies. Or at least I found myself in that position when I played and ran out of ammo. Took quite a bit of grinding to make it out.

Played it a bit on Friday night, unfortunately had to pack my PS4 up as I am moving in a week out west.   

Initial thoughts: Great looking,  spawn was kinda fast but I liked it. I did find myself lost in what to do.. the whole flying back to the space station was kinda weird.  I died about 5 times on the Wizard as it seemed like it wasn't taking any damage.  Definitely looking forward to playing it more once I am done the move.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had enemies spawn on me while I was checking my config.

What kind of content is there in the "Alpha", I did the first mission and unlocked the exploration stuff, but I didn't feel like sitting down and trying to unlock more stuff due to the time limited nature, just spent an hour and a half flying around on the speeder coming across other players.

Yeah, I've had enemies spawn on me while I was checking my config.

What kind of content is there in the "Alpha", I did the first mission and unlocked the exploration stuff, but I didn't feel like sitting down and trying to unlock more stuff due to the time limited nature, just spent an hour and a half flying around on the speeder coming across other players.

There was 1 Story Mission, 1 Exploration Mission, 1 Strike Mission and 1 PvP Map/Mode. Also the maximum level you could be was lvl 8.

Yeah the Alpha didn't really contain much, but if you ask me, the Strike mission was the most fun. 3-man mission to kill 3 bosses, quite challenging aswell.

One thing that I ended up not liking at all, after playing with each class, is that the special melee attacks for the Titan and the Warlock are not voluntary like the Hunter's.

The Hunter's special melee is the knife-throw. When it's available, if you try to melee an enemy that is within normal melee distance, you hit them like normal and your knife-throw is still up. If you try to melee an enemy that is out of range of your regular melee attack, then you throw the knife. This is NOT the case with the Titan or Warlock, and it sucks.

The Titan basically gets a Falcon-punch and the Warlock gets super-jazz-hands for their specials. When they're up, any melee attack that you do, regardless of the enemy or distance, triggers the special. This made me have to ignore melee'ing regular enemies until I could use the special melee on the leader of the group, in order to get the most out of my special melee. I don't know if this design is intentional, but it was super annoying not being able to just melee/kill one of the regular enemies standing right in front of me. Instead, I had to either shoot it or run past them to try to get to the leader. Not a great design in my opinion.

Reached Max Level (8) bought the best Ship i could afford and have all uncommon equipment. Very happy with the game and now I am even more excited for it to come out in September :p

That ship looks awesome! But, I'm left wondering what's the point? The ships themselves don't have any stat values and you only see them during loading screens. So what's the point of buying other ships than the one you start with? Just cosmetics? Will we only be able to reach certain planets/moons/stations with a specific class of ship? I know that ship combat is NOT in the game, so I can't really figure out why we can buy ships.

I noticed that too. On the one hand, it slightly breaks immersion, but on the other it's more stuff to shoot. I don't know how I feel about it.

As far as the ships go I hope they are not just cosmetic. I did see that the speeder things can be upgraded to deal damage and have weapons which is nice. I hope that the ships become something cooler in the full version. 

I was amazed several times that when going into a building and running around for what seamed liked forever and then coming out on the other side and the world just kept going without the need for loading screens and the alpha world was VERY large.

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny Beta Coming to Xbox in July

With its seamless blend of single-player, cooperative, and multiplayer action, Bungie?s Destiny is one of the most intriguing Xbox One games of 2014. When we had a chance to check out the game at E3 a few weeks ago, we had an absolute blast with the head-to-head multiplayer mode ? known as Crucible in Destiny?s parlance ? and couldn?t wait to play more. This made today?s big news that much sweeter, as the folks at Bungie have announced that the Destiny beta will be landing on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in late-July for fans that pre-order the game.

In addition to Crucible, Destiny features a massive open world for players to explore ? solo, with friends, or with matchmade players ? that?s chock full of dynamic events, intense firefights, and more sweet loot than you?ll know what to do with. Along the way, you?ll create and customize the hero of your choice using the game?s robust character editor, explore the outer reaches of the universe, and, just maybe, take care of those pesky Wizards on the moon.

Although Destiny won?t be released until September 9, you?ll be able to spend lot of quality time with the game beginning in July with the beta for Xbox One and Xbox 360. We?ll be bringing you more details and specifics about the beta soon, but for now you can head over to the official Destiny site for more information.

Looks like Xbox One owners won't have to wait much longer after PS4 owners to get their hands on it :yes:

Unfortunately I won't be a part of it as I don't want disc copies of games...

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/games-destiny-beta-coming-in-july

Looks like Xbox One owners won't have to wait much longer after PS4 owners to get their hands on it :yes:

Unfortunately I won't be a part of it as I don't want disc copies of games...

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/games-destiny-beta-coming-in-july

Pre-order from amazon then wait for the beta code and cancel the pre-order. Then you can just get the digital version when its released.

• 2 weeks later...

I just pre-ordered a Collector's Edition, which I never do. I am excite!

Also, the season pass will contain extra content for Playstation users that will remain exclusive until the end of 2015. (lame for those of you playing on an Xbox)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/07/first-look-destiny-collectors-editions/#sf3597571

Excited about this. Had my Beta code from Amazon a while ago, but now we have an official date. Reading that you guys have said about it, it should be a blast.

If you have a Beta key you can now go and select which console you want to play it on. Each Beta Key will net you 3 activations for a single console type. However, you wont get your actual Beta activation key until the 17th. 

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

Note: Currently PS4 Europe Region is disabled they are working on it.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I got an email saying:

The Destiny Beta is almost upon us. Come to Bungie.net and choose which console you'll use to play. Keep an eye on your email. We'll send you your personal download code when the time comes to play!

However when i try to choose which console i want to play on all i see is this:
jjp4cy.jpg

For whatever reason my Bungie account isn't "verified", despite being in use since Halo 2's launch :huh: The emails won't even arrive to let me do it either...:no:

So uh, anyone got an extra code for an Xbox One they aren't going to use? There no beta love for those of us who don't want physical copies.

Pre order it from GameStop or amazon and cancel it after you get your code.