If you're a devoted X-Box game player,why is it better for you than PS3

If you're a devoted X-Box console game player and always have been, why for you has it always been

than having and using a PS3 console, not unless you own both.

I'm not a devoted Xbox user, and I have both (so I don't know if you care about my answer, or not), but I own a lot more Xbox 360 games because, more often that not, muti-platform games look better/have better framerates on the 360 than they do on the PS3, and I seem to have better luck finding multiplayer games on Xbox Live than I do on PSN.

The sole reason I don't care for gaming on Playstation is the controller.  The location of the thumb sticks makes playing games uncomfortable really quickly.  Xbox nailed it with their design.

The sole reason I don't care for gaming on Playstation is the controller.  The location of the thumb sticks makes playing games uncomfortable really quickly.  Xbox nailed it with their design.

It's interesting that you say that. Having owned the various Playstation consoles I find the controller layout to be better for me (especially dealing with the D-pad) compared to the Xbox controller. That said, to each their own. (Y)

You can actually buy an adaptor for that... but honestly speaking, I've owned both consoles and I like better the PS3 controller (In fact I use the dualshock 3 to play all of my PC games except for those were the mouse and keyboard is actually better)

I'm a sucker for Halo, although that won't be why I'm getting an Xbox One.  It's the games though - PS exclusives never really interested me much.  The only two that I could really go for are God of War and Uncharted, but that's not enough to get me to buy one.

Also, Xbox Live is stellar.  Say what you will about paying to play, but it's an excellent service, and it's where a lot of my friends are.

I have owned PS1,2 and 3 as well as the Xbox 360 and for me I preferred the controller, UI and most importantly the stable online functionality of the Xbox over the PS3.

I had had multiple issues with playing online with family and friends on the PSN with games randomly dropping out fairly frequently.

I'm a sucker for Halo, although that won't be why I'm getting an Xbox One.  It's the games though - PS exclusives never really interested me much.  The only two that I could really go for are God of War and Uncharted, but that's not enough to get me to buy one.

Also, Xbox Live is stellar.  Say what you will about paying to play, but it's an excellent service, and it's where a lot of my friends are.

To be fair that also, Forza over Gran Turismo... Halo over Kill Zone... gears over god of war etc.

PS did have its games but just not enough for me if I had to pick between the two.

For people who use the controller as the sole issue you do not like the PS3, there are various controllers out there for the PS3 that are pretty much clones of the 360 controller. They are somewhat expensive though for the really good ones, so yes, it means more money spent, but if it is just the controller holding you back, there are options. Good ones at that. The PowerA being the best I have tried (and owned) myself. That controller is very expensive, but it also has very good build quality as well, and the analog sticks are damn good. It is the same size as a 360 controller.

I actually have no issue with the PS3 controller myself, but I did really want the trigger buttons to be more trigger like. So for that there is an item called Real Triggers. $5 and they work like a charm.

I guess because I have owned every Playstation since they have been released, I am just used to the fact that is the Playstation controller, and as such it does not seem weird or foreign to me at all.

In fact I remember it taking me more then a few hours to adjust to the original XBox's controller, the "Duke" I believe it was called. It seemed way to big and definitely took some getting used to. But that is all, it took some getting used to. The same can also happen for the PS3 controller as well, just takes some getting used to.

1. Halo

2. Controller

First is something sony can't fix and second is something they don't want to.

It's interesting that you say that. Having owned the various Playstation consoles I find the controller layout to be better for me (especially dealing with the D-pad) compared to the Xbox controller. That said, to each their own. (Y)

I agree the D-pad is much better on the PS3, but the games I play don't use it much.

I mostly play FIFA and Forza, and having to stretch the left thumb to reach the thumbstick gets painful after a while on a PS3 controller.  When holding the controller, your thumbs naturally point more upwards, so in my opinion, Sony didn't design their controller well for games that use the thumbsticks, which I believe is the majority now days.

Bought it for Halo, stayed because now I have so much invested in it :) I don't like the Xbox One and won't be buying one unless some serious changes are made (off topic, don't start with that, there are plenty of threads to discuss this ^_^), but my gamerscore, money and time invested in games, and network of friends I have made mean more to me than the cost of buying a new console and starting over. The few PS exclusives to me aren't really worth it. (Also, Forza and GoW rock.)

Just like why phone users don't jump to another platform.

Because I've invested money into it, have games and media tied to my account.

Although the controller argument is a good one to, suits my hands better than the child sized one Sony offers.

I wouldn't say I'm devoted (and I primarily game on the PC these days), but the reasons I chose Xbox were: the exclusives (Fable franchise, Forza franchise), the media capabilities, and my friends (90% are Xbox players).

Mainly the controller, XBox Live and Halo.

All this will change next gen tough. The PS4 controller looks actually usable. I'm getting older (36) and while i still play online i don't really "social" all that much anymore on Live (i rarely use my headset these days). I'm done with Halo it's been a fun ride but all good things come to an end. I'm back into PC gaming since i bought a new computer 4 years ago (i'm a web designer i need it for work anyway). The cool thing about PC gaming these days is you don't need to upgrade every year. My close to 4 yo Core i5 750 is still strong enough. My 4GB of ram i bought almost 4 years ago is still enough. I replaced my video card once in the last 4 years (5850 to 670). I don't plan to upgrade my PC until fall 2014 (by then most of it will be 5 years old). I happen to like Steam too games are cheap often you can buy then at 20$-30$. I mostly play all multiplatform titles on PC these days unless it's a really crappy port. I prefer the peace of the room my PC is in (the TV and console iare in the living room). Skyrim, Witcher i play all those games on PC.

Next gen i'll buy based on this.

Price.

Exclusive games not avalaible on PC.

Games for kids.

Ability to stay offline for 2 weeks (needed for when we go to our cottage).

Ability to sell used games on eBay or Kijiji (although not sure about this one i might buy the games on PSN or Live if the price is good next gen but it needs to be 30$ or less to buy digital for me).

I own all 3 systems, but I mostly use my 360 for gaming. PS3 only for PS3 exclusives. Plus, XBL is so much better than PSN. It's one thing they nailed down, they can have easy group chats and everything. PSN.... not really. That's a huge deal breaker for me. If PSN doesn't nail the Social aspect for the PS4.. I'll have to go with the Xbone.

The Controllers aren't that big of an issue for me, I use them both the same.