Still lots to fix, you will experience slowdowns

Right now I'm pruning the Awaiting Email Confirmation group (3600+) because that's where spammers were moved to and banned. I've disabled that from happening this morning, spammers can't complete registration now. We're also still fixing things and setting things up from 3.2 > 3.4 plus we have discovered that we need new hardware as well.

So it's a temporary measure, generally speaking the forums are quite a bit faster when we aren't working on the backend.

• Like 2

Right now I'm pruning the Awaiting Email Confirmation group (3600+) because that's where spammers were moved to and banned. I've disabled that from happening this morning, spammers can't complete registration now. We're also still fixing things and setting things up from 3.2 > 3.4 plus we have discovered that we need new hardware as well.

So it's a temporary measure, generally speaking the forums are quite a bit faster when we aren't working on the backend.

What all new hardware is required.

Although the forums now work, you will experience sporadic slowdowns and stuff not working properly for the next day or so while we add back in those functionalities.

You can report everything you see if you want, but as I've already answered the same question in multiple threads I've decided to make this one.

We will announce when the issues are all resolved and should be bug free, after that we'll happily respond to bug reports.

We know of:

• Minispy and all last poster links don't take you to the last post
  • Likes hasn't been enabled yet because it is broke (also causes massive SQL loads for us)
  • IE 10 issues here and there (inline editor doesn't complete, editor toolbar is missing when doing posts)
  • Coloured names for staff and other groups aren't shown everywhere
  • Attachments don't show sometimes
  • Favorites don't work
  • Similar tagged topics don't work
  • Guest count don't show
  • Signature image generator doesn't work
  • Status updates not showing in sidebar
  • Post stars not showing in posts
  • Other stuff I forgot to mention

Additionally, the forums may return a HTTP 500 error, this means we are messing with hooks, which due to server load, knocks the forum offline for a bit.

Thanks for your patience.

ALL FIXED! we'll listen for other bugs now.

Thanks for fixing all the bugs, Neobond. I really love Neowin! And I am glad you guys finally upgraded the forums to 3.4.5. I thought you guys were going to be on 3.2 forever, LOL. :D

Header on main was updated to reflect the new header in the forums (pm / notifications link) but a dev will need to have a look at the notifications menu because that is still broke.

Header on main was updated to reflect the new header in the forums (pm / notifications link) but a dev will need to have a look at the notifications menu because that is still broke.

I honestly think that the notifications menu is just fine. It doesn't look broken to me.

I couldn't be bothered to scan through pages to see if this had been reported, you have missing icons and it makes the alignment look odd. Seems Ok in Chrome but missing in Safari 

post-54971-0-08683100-1372058934.png

It's almost certainly a cache issue, but I've reported it as well. Works on my end, but it took a few cache clears to finally show up properly.

I couldn't be bothered to scan through pages to see if this had been reported, you have missing icons and it makes the alignment look odd. Seems Ok in Chrome but missing in Safari 

Works on my end. (Safari 6.0.5 on OS X 10.8.4)

Notifications are now combined (just like on main) 1 notification for several replies in the same topic (subscribes to random pics thread again) :D

Looks like there is not a way to quote on mobile.

Report it in Site & Forum issues in a little more detail please, we don't have crystal balls :P

Looks like there is not a way to quote on mobile.

If you tap on the post you want to quote, it comes up with options to quote, report, or if it's your post, edit. Works for me, just checked.