PS4 is quite the engineering marvel

Was it changed to a 2-pin connector with the PS3 slim? Because my fat PS3 uses the 3-pin "kettle cord" connector; the same one that's used with PC power supplies..

Yeah 2 pin for slim.

"PS4 is quite the engineering marvel" and then uses a picture of the xbox one innards *facepalm*

It's quite clearly there for reference if you read the whole post... We do not have a picture of the inside of the PS4 yet. What you can imagine is where did Sony put the power supply considering the MS box is fairly full already.

<p>Seeing as how the PS4 doesn't have HDMI in, and some of the chips that Xbox One has, which cause the machine to be so wide, and instead of using a full sized Blu-Ray drive, the PS4 uses a laptop drive which reduces height. So, I don't think it's as much an engineering marvel as it is just lacking in hardware. It's a great system, sure, but definitely not a technological marvel. I'm not praising the Xbox over the Playstation, but there are things the playstation is missing compared to the Xbox One.</p>

like the 24 hr online check and unplayable used games. i totally agree

<p>

like the 24 hr online check and unplayable used games. i totally agree

meh, I always have my Xbox connected to begin with, so that point is null for me. I never play offline, and I usually play MP games. Nothing changes for me. Also, I was talking about hardware, not software, even there the PS4 is lacking. Again, both great systems, the Xbox One does more.</p>

To be fair, the PS3 did look like a george foreman grill when it was released. The first PS3 was a behemoth and had not many games at launch.

Img3480_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1159386-ps4-is-quite-the-engineering-marvel/#entry595764660

so you created two threads for the same topic because??????

You linked to the same thread. Audioboxer didn't create two threads about the same topic. :huh:

"PS4 is quite the engineering marvel" and then uses a picture of the xbox one innards *facepalm*

It helps to read before jumping to conclusions. The Xbox One image was used for comparison.

This is not a size comparison thread but a question of ''how did they do it?!'' Why is the Xbox One bigger? This is how it looks inside:

<p> meh, I always have my Xbox connected to begin with, so that point is null for me. I never play offline, and I usually play MP games. Nothing changes for me. Also, I was talking about hardware, not software, even there the PS4 is lacking. Again, both great systems, the Xbox One does more.</p>

YOU are not everyone so if YOU dont use, doesnt mean everyone wont use. yeah you know xbox do more because you used one??

YOU are not everyone so if YOU dont use, doesnt mean everyone wont use. yeah you know xbox do more because you used one??

Oh I'm sorry, you must mistake me for some over-reacting nerd.

Adding to that,  I've watched the reveal and E3. So I have a good idea that yes, the Xbox does more. It will literally be a media center. Again though I'll probably get both as each has exclusives I'm interested in. So it's not coming from a fanboy. I get what each company is doing. MS is preparing for a digital future, Sony is doing the same in some regard. But the PS will not be my go to source for everything, just gaming. But I'm sorry, I do more than game so deal with it.

He's obviously talking about himself and I'm sure he realizes that his needs and wants aren't representative of everyone. Did you really need to state the obvious?

• Like 3

He's obviously talking about himself and I'm sure he realizes that his needs and wants aren't representative of everyone. Did you really need to state the obvious?

qft

It helps to read before jumping to conclusions. The Xbox One image was used for comparison.

OP originally claimed the pic was of PS4. Thread title has been edited since.

You linked to the same thread. Audioboxer didn't create two threads about the same topic. :huh:

There were two separate threads. I guess mods joined them up or something. 

I don't see how this is impressive. You could buy a laptop with a faster processor that comes with a screen and a full keyboard and it would still be smaller.  :laugh:

I believe Sony engineers used magic arranging the innards of the console.

Pretty sure they used a combination of expertise and creative thinking. Magic's an interesting theory though.

well Sony has been in the electronics business forever.of course they have more experience making hardware. In fact,my tv is Sony,and the speakers on there are the best I've ever heard. Its the arrangement and the grill plates that make most of that difference. Hell I trust them more than my Samsung tv,which uses samxon capacitors. Not ###### you.

Microsoft went the easy way,since size really doesn't matter. This is supposed to sit in your media console next to the other big black boxes. The heatsink and fan arrangement is the tried and tested method. Enough space to breathe. Don't need another rrod fiasco. I dont think it really matters. This isn't a tablet or ultrabook.

OP originally claimed the pic was of PS4. Thread title has been edited since.

That's odd. The thread title looks the same to me as it did when I first read it (which was a minute after it was created). I think Audioboxer confused the image for the internals of a PS4.

There were two separate threads. I guess mods joined them up or something. 

There's nothing in the topic history report. I'm guessing it was a hiccup on your end.

I don't see how this is impressive. You could buy a laptop with a faster processor that comes with a screen and a full keyboard and it would still be smaller.  :laugh:

I doubt you could buy a laptop with a faster GPU and a controller for $399.

well Sony has been in the electronics business forever.of course they have more experience making hardware. In fact,my tv is Sony,and the speakers on there are the best I've ever heard. Its the arrangement and the grill plates that make most of that difference. Hell I trust them more than my Samsung tv,which uses samxon capacitors. Not ****ting you.

Microsoft went the easy way,since size really doesn't matter. This is supposed to sit in your media console next to the other big black boxes. The heatsink and fan arrangement is the tried and tested method. Enough space to breathe. Don't need another rrod fiasco. I dont think it really matters. This isn't a tablet or ultrabook.

Like the Xbox 360 E they just released, the Xbox One looks pretty modular and easy to repair as well. Couple that info with that gigantic fan, and I would say MS learned a thing or two with the original Xbox 360.

That's odd. The thread title looks the same to me as it did when I first read it (which was a minute after it was created). I think Audioboxer confused the image for the internals of a PS4.

"PS4 is quite the engineering marvel, pictures inside"

If the company wanted to sell it at a loss because they made xx% on each piece of software/media sold, sure you could. But, this topic isn't about the price, it's about the PS4s size.

Yeah I made a mistake with the title originally, as soon as we have pics from inside the PS4 I'll post them.

It's not a fair comparison as the cost of consoles is heavily subsidised. You also have to consider that console games are significantly more expensive, which adds up over the lifecycle of a console. That's without even factoring in the monthly subscription required for online gaming.

Consoles certainly have a lower upfront cost and a very streamlined user experience but they cannot match the image quality and flexibility offered by PC gaming.

There's nothing in the topic history report. I'm guessing it was a hiccup on your end.

You haven't seen anything in the topic history? Ok, the proof is in the pudding.

Take a look at this pic and check out the topics I underlined. Now look for both of those if they link to the

Same thing then what does that mean? Someone joined them together right?

post-328962-0-28301800-1371558711.jpg

You haven't seen anything in the topic history? Ok, the proof is in the pudding.

Take a look at this pic and check out the topics I underlined. Now look for both of those if they link to the

Same thing then what does that mean? Someone joined them together right?

Maybe you can't see through your green colored glasses.. Those threads are different.. here's this one:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1159386-ps4-is-quite-the-engineering-marvel/page-4

And heres the other one:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1158120-a-look-at-the-new-ps4-design/

They are clearly not the same thread, and both cover different information.  The latter is about the physical design/astethics this one is about the actual hardware components and how they are put together (inside looks).

As you say the proof is in the pudding, both threads have unique id's, both have unique content, and both are still 100% accessible.