Nathan Fillion rules out role in Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' movie

Nathan Fillion has said that he will not be starring in Marvel's Ant-Man film.

The Edgar Wright-directed movie is set for a 2015 release, and many comic book fans have tipped Fillion for the title role in the picture.

However, in an interview with IGN, the 42-year-old Firefly actor said: "I will not be playing Ant-Man.

"I'm pretty booked-up right now as far as work goes, and there's so much more going on in the entertainment industry than just, 'Oh, you know who would be great in that?' There's a lot more that comes into play."

Fillion, who currently plays the title role in Castle, also stated that he feels as though he has been "fortunate" in his career, adding: "I haven't done a job in a long, long time that I would rather people not see."

Speaking about the long-running drama series, he added: "I've been part of building something. We have built something in Castle, I have made some good friends. I want to see it through, that is important. To accomplish a successful television programme as an actor - the odds against it are nearly insurmountable.

"So to be on a successful television programme, I know all too well what a blessing it is. There is time for other roles, just by the time I get there, I hope they're older roles."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a492322/nathan-fillion-rules-out-role-in-edgar-wrights-ant-man-movie.html

Sounds like hes under duress and needs our help, no way our Sci fi hero could be enjoying that crime solving non sci fi writer business!

Speaking about the long-running drama series, he added: "I've been part of building something. We have built something in Castle, I have made some good friends. I want to see it through, that is important. To accomplish a successful television programme as an actor - the odds against it are nearly insurmountable.

"So to be on a successful television programme, I know all too well what a blessing it is. There is time for other roles, just by the time I get there, I hope they're older roles.

It's a regular paycheck too. Can't blame him for staying with the series.