Under The Dome

v0nuh.jpg

In a departure from its signature drama procedurals, CBS has given a 13-episode straight-to-series order to Steven Spielberg and Stephen King?s Under The Dome, a drama based on King?s bestselling 2009 novel, which will be produced by Spielberg?s Amblin Television. The series will air next summer and will mark CBS? biggest effort with original scripted fare in the off-season in years with Under The Dome and Unforgettable. Under The Dome tells the story of a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome.

The town?s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. I hear the project?s writer Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) kept the general conceit and many of the characters from the book but also introduced new characters as regulars and tweaked some details and backstory for the existing ones. I hear King has blessed all the changes. As for the book?s much-talked-about ending, which has divided King fans, I hear the series won?t follow it, and as in success, CBS would like to do another season.

Source

kind of bummed...excited for it overall but the original news a while ago was that it would be on a pay cable channel...seeing it end up on CBS is a little disappointing...

I'm not going to bother watching another series like this. It will just get cancelled after 5 episodes like everything else does; don't feel like going through that yet again.

I hope not, its a shame really that when every time a new series is announced we talk about it being canned

I hope not, its a shame really that when every time a new series is announced we talk about it being canned

I know but sadly recent history as shown us that shows like this rarely make it. I really hope it does, I just don't want to get invested in another show only to have it shot off at the ankles again.

I liked the book...but was very torn about the ending.

Then again I usually hate the way Made-For-TV adaptations of his work turn out.

I enjoyed The Stand, IT, and some parts of others.

However I was truly horrified at how badly they mangled Bag of Bones...it seems most of the stuff I'm not a fan of has Mick Garris attached though...which is a shame since he did so well with The Stand.

• 1 month later...
CBS has today announced its summer schedule, including the premiere date of the highly anticipated adaptation of Stephen King's Under the Dome. Last year, we learned that the network had ordered a 13-episode season and that both Brian K. Vaughan and Niels Arden Oplev were attached along with Neal Baer (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as showrunner. It will make its debut on Monday, June 24 in the 10PM slot. At this point, it's unclear whether this will be a 13-episode adaptation of the lengthy novel or simply just be based on it.

Here's the first piece of casting for CBS' summer adaptation of Stephen King's novel about a small town that gets surrounded by an invisible barrier. Colin Ford, who played the young Sam Winchester on Supernatural, will play Joe, "a very smart kid who's understandably freaked out when he discovers that the mysterious barrier covers the whole town - and both his parents are outside of it." This show premieres on June 24.

S7DTR.jpg

CSI: NY actress Natalie Martinez will play the town's deputy sheriff Linda, according to Deadline.

Alex Koch has also been cast as college freshman Junior Rennie, the son of a local politician. The pair join Supernatural actor Colin Ford, who will play a young boy named Joe.

The 13-part CBS adaptation of Under the Dome was officially announced at the recent TCA press tour.

The series is set to premiere on Monday, June 24 at 10/9c on CBS. Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment will produce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

c?2082661=SMsNhU0JuwloN-o0GoApgYCiBtc

Additionally, CBS has settled on its two leads for the ambitious Stephen King adaptation Under the Dome. The supernatural thriller pits local folks against each other when they discover that their vacation town in Maine has been cut off from the rest of the world by a mysterious force field. Lost and comics writer Brian K. Vaughan is penning the script and serving as an executive producer alongside showrunner Neal Baer (A Gifted Man).

Now the series has cast its two leads, as THR reports that Mike Vogel will be playing former Army officer Dale ?Barbie? Barbara, the show?s protagonist, and EW reports that Breaking Bad star Dean Norris is set to play the show?s villain, James ?Big Jim? Rennie. Norris? character seizes the opportunity to take over the town once its sealed off, and it sounds like a nice fit for Norris who has shined for years on AMC?s Breaking Bad as Hank. Niels Arden Oplev is directing the pilot, and the series is set to premiere on CBS on June 24th.

http://collider.com/jason-isaacs-surgeon-general-dean-norris-under-the-dome/#more-233406

c?2159270=o0-hdCqi4uHyZG-He26wO4kJP0M

Twilight actress Rachelle Lefevre has joined Stephen King's Under the Dome.

Based on King's 2009 novel, the forthcoming CBS drama focuses on the residents of a New England town cut off from the rest of civilisation by an enormous dome.

Lefevre will play an investigative journalist on the series, according to TVLine.

The 34-year-old Canadian joins the likes of Breaking Bad's Dean Norris, Pan Am's Mike Vogel and Life Unexpected's Britt Robertson in the 13-part drama.

Lefevre - who played vampire Victoria in the first two Twilight movies - recently appeared on short-lived TV series A Gifted Man and Off the Map.

Under the Dome is scheduled to premiere on Monday, June 24 at 10/9c on CBS.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a460224/twilight-star-rachelle-lefevre-joins-stephen-kings-under-the-dome.html

I'm not going to bother watching another series like this. It will just get cancelled after 5 episodes like everything else does; don't feel like going through that yet again.

If only you read the article and saw that a full 13 episode season has already been greenlighted. the ENTIRE season. There is no cancellation going on here. There's very few directors that get full season greenlights like this.

If only you read the article and saw that a full 13 episode season has already been greenlighted. the ENTIRE season. There is no cancellation going on here. There's very few directors that get full season greenlights like this.

Doesn't matter if an entire season has been given the greenlight, it can still be canceled. I've watched plenty of shows that already had episodes filmed and ready to air and the show got canceled and the episodes never made it to air. CBS is in the business of making money, meaning that if they can air old episodes of survivor and make more money than airing new episodes of a poor performing show, they'll do it.

Do No Harm on NBC is a prime example. It got a 12 episode order (originally 13, but trimmed to 12 early on), and then got canceled after 2 episodes aired.

Every show should now do the "Netflix" way

That would be great, but highly unlikely with these dinosaurs running the big four. I could see the more versatile networks like USA, FX, AMC, etc. doing that before ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX.

Although CBS is at least putting these up on Amazon Prime fairly quickly after they air, so there is at least a silver lining.

problem with the netflix way is that consumers consume the whole season in a few weeks or less. shows already lose most of their viewers in the gap between seasons. with the netflix way you have a huge gap between seasons and there's no anticipation anymore.