Finally found my dream phone.... Nexus 4!

i too can't abandon the imessage and facetime since my finace has all her family back in the phillipines and we set them all up with ipod touches. The only thing I miss is that, and the fact that since we have unlimited texting, we can send UNLIMITED videos and they count as a text message rather then data... now we can't do that unless we use the  ipod now which only is avialible if we are home. But... oh well...

use viber to send texts videos and video chat, those last 2 were added very recently btw, before you could just text/voice chat.

Btw, one of the reasons many people are android fanboys is because they use cyanogenmod roms not samsung/htc/sony etc, those have horrible custom ui's and slow the phone down. Buying the nexus 4 now was bad timing as it looks as though nexus 4 v2 is out soon and possibly motorola X. Tegra 4 and qualcomm 600 and 800 processors are going to be in phones over the next few weeks.

Android 4.1 sorted out most of the lag problems. I'm sure 4.3 or 5.0 will improve the performance more.

use viber to send texts videos and video chat, those last 2 were added very recently btw, before you could just text/voice chat.

Android 4.1 sorted out most of the lag problems.

Have viber too, but what i mean about using iMesssage was, through my carrier, iMessage counts as a text, and since we have unlimited worldwide text, we could send videos up to 5 mins in length to the phillipines through the carrier and not have it count as data usage.

4.1 still had lag on the galaxy note 2 i just had a couple weeks ago for me. Not much, but should be none considering the specs on that phone. The nexus 7 and nexus 4 i have have ZERO lag so I assumed its actually the 4.2 that eliminates the Android lag.