Entomologist encounters huge 8-foot wide wasp nest

Entomologist and insect control expert Jonathan Simkins was called by a private property owner to an area in the woods of Central Florida to get rid of a humungous yellow jacket wasp nest. The nest measured over 6.5 feet tall and 8 feet wide. Simkins, owner of the insect removal company, Insect I.Q., filmed his encounter with the giant nest and is heard on the video saying, "This is the largest nest I?ve ever seen in my entire life. I?ve been doing this for over 20 years." The nest was in a remote area, but if anyone happened upon it, the results could have been deadly. Simkins told WFLA News Channel 8, "We definitely did save lives. This land is hunted. It's leased out for hunters, if somebody comes across this, you're not going to get away."

Simkins estimated that the nest housed more than a million wasps adding, ?With the southern yellow jacket they develop multiple queens the second, third and fourth year. So this nest did not have one queen, it has thousands of queens in there.? To eradicate the wasps, he used spray and his own technique he declined to share. The veteran insect expert admitted that he was terrified at several points during the removal job but ?It was so exciting. It was one of the best times in my business and professional career to deal with something like this.?

Source+Video

The nest was in a remote area, but if anyone happened upon it, the results could have been deadly.

So do these wasps just attack anything?? :s

The "commentator" on the video was horrible :/

Entomologist encounters huge 8 foot wide wasp nest

Entomologist runs his bloody ass off because wasps are territorial as Hell and AGGRESSIVE SOB's

Entomologist calls in napalm strike

• Like 2

ah you could go at it with a can of mortein if you had one of those fancy suits the guy in the video had. 

Anyway, being eco friiendly like I am my solution totes would have been to drop a tonne of spiders to get rid of the wasps...