How can I unlink my Microsoft Outlook account?

A while back Microsoft announced that they were going to un-link the linked accounts we had on our emails.

Since I had no idea what the password was on my linked account I decided to get a new password for my linked account - and to unlink the account as well.

But so far I haven't been able to find out how to do it?

Is there a setting that I'm missing or was Microsoft going to do it itself in the future sometime, without a set date in mind?

Go to your account settings (not mail settings, click on your user name in the top left/right corner and select account settings).  The Permissions section contains your Linked Accounts.  I am assuming there is a button or link or something in there to help you out - I am not 100% sure if this will help since I don't have a linked account.

Thank you both for you replies.

However, I do have one follow up question ...if anyone is still reading the thread :)

I used my linked account for spam mail ...signing up on forums etc that could and would probably sell my email address.

If I used an alias in my default email ...would that alias email get my spam mail, or would the spam mail be displayed as spam in my main email?

(yeah, I really dislike spam - is there any other free email service that provides linked accounts?)