Mom sues Monster energy drink over teen's death

I can tell you right now that she's going to lose this court case for t he simple fact that the warning labels on a Can of Monster says "DO NOT consume more than 1 can PER DAY". I got a can of monster right beside me that's how i know.

My god -- someone can read. :p

• Like 3

ive tried energy drinks such as monster and red bull. doesn't do a damn thing to me. I don't really mind whats in them, its just that they taste like ****. ill have a grande Americano instead please.

• Like 2

It's interesting how they use the teen card when they were barely a teen at 19, he was legally an adult and was responsible for his own life at that stage.

next there will be overweight kids parents suing mcdonalds.

when does it end?

i'm with you, i don't do energy drinks

I'm out of that age range, but even when in it I did not. I don't do sugary drinks at all. The occasional 5-Hour Energy shot if I have to make a long drive (6-8 hours, I do a few times a year).

She even said he "habitually" drank it. As in his bad habit, not the company. He didn't follow the warning on the can. It's not even healthy to drink two cans of regular soda a day for THREE YEARS, much less something like this. May as well sue the rope manufacturers if someone uses their product to hang themselves. Honestly. People have to take some responsibility. I know she's grieving but she has nobody to blame but him. He was young and like all of us at that age, he thought he was invincible and did something stupid and unfortunately it killed him. It's sad, but she has no right to sue.

Not at all. I'm 21 and I've only had.. maybe two in my life time? And that was back in '07..and they were Sobe..like, back when they were just starting to get popular, if I remember right. And I had them weeks apart from each other.

People are seriously lacking common sense. It was her kid's choice to drink two a day. It's not Monster's responsibility to monitor each and every single consumer and how much they drink.

Since there's a warning on the can, it's Morris' fault for not heeding that warning. The mother has no right to sue. Plus, I bet she's the one that paid for all those drinks. She's just as guilty.

I'm 27 and went through engineering in school. I've never had an energy drink.

I'm with you also.  After drinking one of those things, I feel like I want to run a marathon, and I hate that feeling.

I think the last time I had an energy drink was last winter when I competed in a Red Bull event and the girls basically forced them down your throat for publicity.  Needless to say, there's much better junk I could blow money on.

Yay! Sane people like me!

I do wonder what is going to happen in the future to people who consume these energy drinks on a daily basis. Surely that much caffeine, that concentrated, that often can't be good for you?

I do wonder what is going to happen in the future to people who consume these energy drinks on a daily basis. Surely that much caffeine, that concentrated, that often can't be good for you?

It isn't, which is why these products carry warning labels. If people are going to ignore those labels, well... Darwin will get them :p

Bad parenting.  Of course drinking two monster energy drinks a day for a year will cause harm.

Yay! Sane people like me!

I think the lack of sleep will do more damage than the caffeine itself. They say you can never undo the damage of missing a few hours of sleep.

IMHO about energy drink:

-too expensive.

-taste like sh*t.

-it does not work (at least for me).

Also, energy drink (or drugs) are not needing, i did night shift of 12 hours and a mug of coffee x night is more than enough.

Oh and BTW caffine doesn't give you energy, it just makes the process of losing energy slower.  So calling them "Energy" drinks is a falseified claim.

so am I reading it right that the mother is suing because her son has what is equivalent in caffeine content to grande cafe lattes from Starbucks?

No the mother is sueing because she doesn't want to take responsibility for letting her own child drink energy drinks. 

• Like 3

Am I the only one in my age bracket, 18-25, who doesn't drink energy drinks?

they taste like crap.... i sometime have energy drink with my Jaeger bombs... that is it... and even that is rare... it taste disgusting ... kids drink it cause they think they need it to be cool or to function ... personally energy drinks do nothing for me.

Some words that more American's need to learn so as not to become a burden onto others nor ones self.

"Moderation"

"Self discipline"

"Willpower"

"Responsibility"

"Think ahead"

"Independent"

• Like 2

So let me get this straight. Her son drank two cans a day of this witches brew that taste like crap even though the can says it is hazardous to your health, she as a parent was aware her son was doing this and failed to keep him from consuming the stuff which he kept doing for not a couple of months but for three years and now she wants to sue the company ? So it is Monster Energy responsibility to do the parenting and keep an eye on what kids drink these days ? What is wrong with this picture ? 

Am I the only one in my age bracket, 18-25, who doesn't drink energy drinks?

I can't stand them.