Jiangxi Coal Mine Accident Kills 49

Last updated at 17:39 Nov.15 China News Networks

A fire damp explosion happened at Jianxing Mine -- the No.1 mine of the South of Changjiang River, Fengcheng, Jiangxi Province, China, killed 49. The bodies of all victims have been carried from the mine to the ground at 9:42 a.m. today.

Reporter drove to the accident spot at morning, Nov.15, and was told that the officials of Jiangxi Coal Group Company and Fengcheng Mining Bureau have once more come to the spot at 2:45 a.m. this morning, and checked out the mine and decided there was no danger, and then directed workers hurry to carry the bodies out.

There are 4000 more staff in Fengcheng Mining Bureau, which is well-equipped with mechanisms and is a state-run coal mine, known as No.1 Mine in the South of Changjiang River, China.

At 1:45 a.m. Nov.14, Jianxing Mine broke out the fire damp explosion. The powerful shock wave made the mine cave in, killed 49 miners who were working there.Also, miners worked above the spot were shocked, 7 injured, 2 out of them seriously.

Vice director-general of National Safe Production Supervision Bureau, Liang Jiakun, led subordinations to the spot the night, Nov.14. Vice nomarch of Jiangxi, Ling Chengxing also came the hospital, seeing injured miners in the accident.

http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2003-11-15/17391...91125702s.shtml

Edited by JohnsonBox

CHina has one of the most dangerous mining industries. The government should really enforce the safety standard and protect the workers right. 3000 miners died in the first 6 month of 2002, and thats the official figure.