IE11 Neowin Live Tile added for Start Screen

We have added a Live Tile for Neowin that should show you news as it comes in. You can add it like so on https://www.neowin.net:

post-2-0-72005100-1372406644.png

For me the tile went in All Apps > Apps group and not on the Start screen, but this might be because Chrome is my default browser.

Give it a try and post your results :)

For me the tile went in All Apps > Apps group and not on the Start screen, but this might be because Chrome is my default browser.

Give it a try and post your results :)

The same happened to me, the tile went to Apps but I can't find a way to actually pin the tile to Start screen.

Anybody knows how to do that?

I gave it a try and it didn't add it to the start screen either. I went to "All Apps" and it's there and when you right click on it, it says it's already pinned to the start screen. Puzzling :unsure:

EDIT: I tried deliberately unpinning it from the start screen to see if repinning it made it show up, all that did was make it disappear completely....

Is IE11 your default browser? DaveLegg says his went to the Start screen :s

In my case, yes IE11 was the default browser (fresh install of Win8.1 Preview in VirtualBox).

Tried setting IE11 to default and Get app for this site is greyed out in the modern UI version, desktop version allows me to pin it to Apps (not on Start screen) :/

I got this to work, but you have to do it from the metro version of IE11.  If you do it from the desktop version, at least for me, it pins the site to the taskbar and drops it into the all apps list but not the start screen.

What you have to do is open metro IE11, go to neowin, then open the new fav menu in IE11, the star button.  Then you'll see a pin button, push that and select pin to start.  Done.  I now have the live tile.

• Like 2

I got this to work, but you have to do it from the metro version of IE11.  If you do it from the desktop version, at least for me, it pins the site to the taskbar and drops it into the all apps list but not the start screen.

What you have to do is open metro IE11, go to neowin, then open the new fav menu in IE11, the start button.  Then you'll see a pin button, push that and select pin to start.  Done.  I now have the live tile.

Thanks! That worked. (y)

Heh, the Live Tile only updates if IE is set to default.. 

What you have to do is open metro IE11, go to neowin, then open the new fav menu in IE11, the start button.  Then you'll see a pin button, push that and select pin to start.  Done.  I now have the live tile.

That did the trick! confirmed it works for me too (Y)

Cool. Is it live though? Meaning will it flip to tell me about notifications and private messages?

Cool. Is it live though? Meaning will it flip to tell me about notifications and private messages?

Looks like that only happens if IE is set as default browser.

Added.

Notifications delivered via RSS is something I sorely wanted from IE as soon as I learned about being able to pin sites on IE9 so I'm really happy about this!

Well its obvious on mind due to there being no chance its one of the others, and I think it may need a little tweak as it doesn't flip to show a neowin title at all, it flips between large font headline and small font headline.

post-325730-0-04177500-1372416555.jpg

post-325730-0-19727500-1372416603.jpg