Multiple powerline adapters

Go to solution Solved by Fahim S.,

Question

SuperKid

Hi,

I currently have this powerline adapter (http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/powerline/PLWK400) is it possible to this powerline adapter and extend powerline adapters? (http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/powerline/PLSK400)

I need ideally just 3 powerline adapters the main one connected to the switch with a wire and the one upstairs extends wifi and has ethernet but i need another one for just ethernet to connect my TV Set top box ethernet, my bluray and my tv ethernet to the internet.

Matt.

2 answers to this question

+Fahim S.

Yep just add them and pair the additional homeplugs. Make sure they all comply to the same standard. You should also be able to mix brands but I've never tried that.

• Like 1
SuperKid

Yep just add them and pair the additional homeplugs. Make sure they all comply to the same standard. You should also be able to mix brands but I've never tried that.

Thanks! I will stick with same brand :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EVJOHN
      Having just moved house, I noticed the wifi in my study was patchy. I therefore invested in a TP Link Powerline (TL-WPA4220) to run from my router to my study.

It works perfectly on all my personal devices (Windows, Apple, Android etc) with them all getting the full wifi speeds promised by my ISP (Vodafone), both over wifi and ethernet. 

The main reason I installed this, however, was for a fast reliable connection to my work computer. But whether via wifi or ethernet I'm getting much slower speeds on my work laptop than my personal devices connected to the same powerline - even slower than before I installed it when I was working at the far edge of my router's range. I'll be getting 70mbps download and 25mbps upload speeds on my personal devices and 2mbps download and 5mbps upload on my work computer.

I called my work IT, they suggested my ISP was throttling my use (when testing the connection on my work laptop we found that when I connected to my ISPs network / server the speed was as expected, but any other server was very slugglish, which led them to think this).

I contacted by ISP who insist they're not throttling my use and it must be something to do with my employer's IT policy. They did give me a static IP address suggesting this might help (but it hasn't).

Any ideas why this might be happening?My main suspicoion is that it's something to do with the VPN on my work laptop (zscaler), although when I tried installing a VPN on my own persional laptop it had no effect on speeds. How could my laptop / VPN even recognise that my internet is coming from a different source? Are there any known issues with powerlines accessing secure VPN networks?

I'm being bounced around to different people none of whom have a clue, so any advice would be gratefully received!
    • By +warwagon
      I find myself spending more time swearing at my phone or tablet when trying to do simple tasks that would have been quickly accomplished on a desktop or laptop computer. Am alone in this or do other people do it too?
    • By ZeroFearX
      Hello,

I have 2 folders with more than 140gb of pictures.

Sadly between them, they might be 70gb of pictures that are the same. However some might have the same filenames but be different and the folder location might be different.

Anyone know a good software that could merge both folder and do a good job at only deleting duplicate files ?

Free or Paid.

Thank you
    • By EvilDread
      Hello Everyone,

I work at nursing facility and our bookkeeping office has a printer that consistently 'smooshes' papers that are fed through the ADF.
      It also, every 3-4 days, will freeze up unless you reboot it. Even after firmware updates all of that fun stuff.

The printer they're using is a Brother MFC-L5850DW.

They've asked me a couple of times if I could suggest a printer to replace their brother printer. One that doesn't mess up the papers through the ADF, lockup, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a printer I could suggest them to buy?

It would need to have:
      ADF Print Double Sided Send/Receive Faxes Print in only Black/White Support printing 150+ pages a day  
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
    • By ZeroFearX
      Is there a way to define the value of a VirtualHost DocumentRoot based on the return of a cgi script? 

Let me explain, I want to create a wildcard subdomain VirtualHost such as *.mydomain.com. 

When the client goes on any subdomain, it would automaticly run myscript.pl and then, the perl script would return or define the proper DocumentRoot value. 

Is this achievable on apache ? Perl script is only for example, if you have anything else to propose. 

Thank you