Multiple powerline adapters

Go to solution Solved by Fahim S.,

Question

SuperKid

Hi,

I currently have this powerline adapter (http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/powerline/PLWK400) is it possible to this powerline adapter and extend powerline adapters? (http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/powerline/PLSK400)

I need ideally just 3 powerline adapters the main one connected to the switch with a wire and the one upstairs extends wifi and has ethernet but i need another one for just ethernet to connect my TV Set top box ethernet, my bluray and my tv ethernet to the internet.

Matt.

2 answers to this question

+Fahim S.

Yep just add them and pair the additional homeplugs. Make sure they all comply to the same standard. You should also be able to mix brands but I've never tried that.

• Like 1
SuperKid

Yep just add them and pair the additional homeplugs. Make sure they all comply to the same standard. You should also be able to mix brands but I've never tried that.

Thanks! I will stick with same brand :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By +warwagon
      I find myself spending more time swearing at my phone or tablet when trying to do simple tasks that would have been quickly accomplished on a desktop or laptop computer. Am alone in this or do other people do it too?
    • By ZeroFearX
      Hello,

I have 2 folders with more than 140gb of pictures.

Sadly between them, they might be 70gb of pictures that are the same. However some might have the same filenames but be different and the folder location might be different.

Anyone know a good software that could merge both folder and do a good job at only deleting duplicate files ?

Free or Paid.

Thank you
    • By EvilDread
      Hello Everyone,

I work at nursing facility and our bookkeeping office has a printer that consistently 'smooshes' papers that are fed through the ADF.
      It also, every 3-4 days, will freeze up unless you reboot it. Even after firmware updates all of that fun stuff.

The printer they're using is a Brother MFC-L5850DW.

They've asked me a couple of times if I could suggest a printer to replace their brother printer. One that doesn't mess up the papers through the ADF, lockup, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a printer I could suggest them to buy?

It would need to have:
      ADF Print Double Sided Send/Receive Faxes Print in only Black/White Support printing 150+ pages a day  
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
    • By ZeroFearX
      Is there a way to define the value of a VirtualHost DocumentRoot based on the return of a cgi script? 

Let me explain, I want to create a wildcard subdomain VirtualHost such as *.mydomain.com. 

When the client goes on any subdomain, it would automaticly run myscript.pl and then, the perl script would return or define the proper DocumentRoot value. 

Is this achievable on apache ? Perl script is only for example, if you have anything else to propose. 

Thank you
    • By ZeroFearX
      Guys, I have questions about permissions of files & folders for web servers (httpd/php).
      I have a VPS that I want to use for development purpose that will run php56w / httpd without any cpanel, webmin, etc..

If I create a virtual domain under /var/www/vhosts/mynewdomain/ what permissions/owner the folder must have.
      What permissions the SFTP users that will be used to uploads files on that folder must have,
      If I want apache/php to store files on specific folders, who the folder owner must be and what permission must it be granted ?

If anyone is gentle enough to explain this to me

Thank you