Taco Bell customers finds big surprise in their order

Three hungry customers pulled into the Kentwood, Michigan Taco Bell drive-thru expecting meals, so they were surprised when they found thousands of dollars in cash in their bag  :huh:  instead of food.

As reported by WZZM 13 On Your Side, Kennidi Rue, Luke Postma and Grant Kruse didn?t even realize the fast food restaurant?s mistake until they had driven miles away. Kennidi said, ?I opened my bag to get my food and it ended up being three bags of money, a lot of money, and then another wad of like a ton of 20s.

We added it up and it was like?? ?It was like $3600,? the men added.

The trio had a decision to make: return the money or keep the cash.

The friends admitted that there was a brief moment where they were tempted.

?Of course, initially you want to keep it,? Kennidi conceded. ?But then you?re like, ?No someone?s going to lose their job. Let?s bring this back,?? said Luke. Grant added, ?It obviously wasn?t ours. It?s not like we were losing anything by giving it back.

So we just thought we?d bring it back and I don?t know, just do it the right way I guess.? Luke explained what happened when they returned the money.

?We went in and the lady, we met her, and she had just a stone cold look on her face.

And we brought it in and she just started like, on the spot, just like losing it. She was crying. She was I guess, pretty happy.?

The three customers were also happy.

They said the best part of their good deed, was that they finally got their food from Taco Bell.

source & video

post-37120-0-78498000-1372768206.jpg

They said the best part of their good deed, was that they finally got their food from Taco Bell.

Never been, but from my understanding that's a pretty lousy second-place prize...

Yeah not too many people would have done that, glad it had a happy ending.  But in order to take advantage of these situations going forward, everyone should reallly order a side of cash with their meals just to ensure plausible denability...

There was another story about Taco Bell, where someone found drugs in their bag.  The employee was dealing drugs out through the drive thru window.   A regular person got it instead of the intended person.    I wonder if this was like that.  

Would of turne

There was another story about Taco Bell, where someone found drugs in their bag.  The employee was dealing drugs out through the drive thru window.   A regular person got it instead of the intended person.    I wonder if this was like that.

heard stories like that to. I would of turned it over to the cops and let them deal with it.

My question is, how did $3600 get in their bags in the first place?

Was a manager, who was planning a run to the bank, for a deposit.

They think they are being clever, disguising the money.

A bad practice to put the money in a food bag.

Not really, who robs anyones Taco Bell from them? :P

That's it. Taco Bell for lunch it is! :laugh:

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet anything it was their deposit. I agree though, you'd have to be pretty dumb to put your deposit in the food bag.

Not really, it's best to put it in something no one's going to question instead of walking out in something else that's noticeable.    Anyone looking to rob your place isn't going to check all the people coming in and out with regular food bag or shopping bag if it's a market.   Some employee walking out with a nice looking suitcase though?  Prime target.

That's it. Taco Bell for lunch it is! :laugh:

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet anything it was their deposit. I agree though, you'd have to be pretty dumb to put your deposit in the food bag.

What some restaurants do, is put the money in a food bag, and another employee drives thru, and picks up the bag to take it to the bank.

They think customers will think it's just a bag of food, instead of thousands in cash. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Not really, who robs anyones Taco Bell from them? :p

Have you ever eaten it?

I'm generally a pretty sensible and healthy eater, but I'd probably rob someone of a Taco Bell bag if it had their chicken quesadilla in it >.>

My question is, how did $3600 get in their bags in the first place?

probably some employee trying to make a money drop with their manager accidentally dropped the money in with the napkins

Where did the money come from and how could it end up in a food bag? My first thought when reading this was one of the employees was a drug dealer!

They also said the worst part of their good deed, was violent diarrhea which lasted throughout that entire night. :)

Where did the money come from and how could it end up in a food bag? My first thought when reading this was one of the employees was a drug dealer!

As posted before, some restaurants put the bank deposit in a food bag, to hand off, at the drive-thru, to whomever is going to the bank.

They think it will prevent robbery.

Not sure I would have been strong enough but yes, good on them :D

Then again, until I am put in a position like that, I won't know what I would actually do.