Gran Turismo

Buckle up and get ready to test drive the return of the ultimate racing simulator with Gran Turismo? 6, this time packed with even more exciting and innovative new features.

Be one of the first to get behind the wheel on the legendary Silverstone Circuit. Hone your driving ability, post your best lap time and challenge your friends to beat it.

Start your engine and download the Gran Turismo? 6 demo now.

Features:
? Take to the track and perfect your driving skills.
? Set your best lap time.
? Unlock exciting bonus content.

Important Notice:
? The Gran Turismo? 6 Demo may contain references to the GT Academy 2013 competition. Please note that this competition is not open to you as you are not resident in a participating country. Visit www.gran-turismo.com for further details of the competition terms and conditions.

Compatibility Notices: 1 Player; 1GB minimum space required; DUALSHOCK?3 Vibration Function; HDTV screen resolution: 720p, 1080i, 1080p; Network Features.

Download of this product is subject to the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service/User Agreement and any specific additional conditions applying to this product. If you do not wish to accept these terms, do not download this product. See Terms of Service for more important information.

Gran Turismo? 6 ?2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. ?Polyphony Digital logo?, ?Gran Turismo? and ?GT? are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners. Any depiction or recreation of real world locations, entities, businesses, or organizations is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties. All rights reserved.

Downloaded. Installed. I will play later. Anyone else?

I wasn't even aware it was out, I have to admit I didn't really enjoy 5 so I don't really expect much of this and can't say I'll be rushing to download it either.

Meh. I bought 5 and it sits in a drawer hardly touched. I thought I would reignite my interest racing games with it, it wasn't to be.

Same as the guys above. I loved GT3 and 4, but I think I've only played 5 for a few hours in total. I think I'll give 6 a miss unless they do something incredible.

I think I may have played GT5 too much; I'm not at all interested in GT6. From what I've seen and read, the changes they are making aren't the ones I want, so I'll pass on this.

I'm seriously considering Xbox or PC for my next-gen racing fix.

I think I may have played GT5 too much; I'm not at all interested in GT6. From what I've seen and read, the changes they are making aren't the ones I want, so I'll pass on this.

From the top of my head, I can't think of any racers similar to Gran Turismo on PC, unless I'm missing an obvious one?

I broke out the Logitech Driving Force Wheel for this demo, about to see if I can get some decent times.

GTWheel.jpg

The wheel support is so, so much better than GT5 already. Plugged it in, it automatically calibrated it beautifully, and it is incredibly precise at the default settings. Nice job with the wheel support for sure.

I broke out the Logitech Driving Force Wheel for this demo, about to see if I can get some decent times.

GTWheel.jpg

The wheel support is so, so much better than GT5 already. Plugged it in, it automatically calibrated it beautifully, and it is incredibly precise at the default settings. Nice job with the wheel support for sure.

nice setup... I dont think I saw it after you got the new tv stand.  Hopefully that wheel still works on the PS4

nice setup... I dont think I saw it after you got the new tv stand.  Hopefully that wheel still works on the PS4

Thanks. Yeah the new entertainment center worked out for sure.

I know GT6 is a multiplatform release with both PS3 & PS4 and the wheel itself is already an option under wheels, meaning it shows the exact model and not just I have any wheel connected. So chances are looking good that it will. I am hoping it does as that would suck if it does not.

I feel the same as most, it's just too much simulator, not enough game.

I loved the previous versions. And I don't have the skill needed to compete. :p

I've played every GT a lot, surely enjoyed GT5 although the huge amount of loading times was very annoying.

But this seems mainly fixed, only the tracks take some time.

But all in all it is more of what GT5 was suposed to be.

So far the physics engine is very much improved, took some getting used to that the individual springs matter and that tire contact/pressure became very important too.

Oh and the graphics of course are a lot nicer.

From the top of my head, I can't think of any racers similar to Gran Turismo on PC, unless I'm missing an obvious one?

Nope, just Forza for Xbox. And personally felt it was closer to arcade.

Can't wait for full release. Just 2 gold trophee's so far. Don't have a wheel :(

And finally, a feature I always wondered why GT never had it... a HORN!!! BEEPBEEP MOFO HERE I COME :P

Oh and headlights... I guess they had some buttons left over :D

I feel the same as most, it's just too much simulator, not enough game.

I loved the previous versions. And I don't have the skill needed to compete. :p

I actually felt that way up until GT5. I never played a GT prior to it. I hated them actually. It was no doubt the purchase of the wheel. Although it is no doubt more of a simulation experience I used to hate them as well, the wheel brings such a different gameplay experience to things. Definitely makes it more of a game. Hard to describe but it definitely does add a completely different feeling to the experience. Just not cool they cost so much.

I got the wheel I have for $100 which was $50 off the usual price, or else I probably would not own one. I forgot the exact details of how I swung that, but I did purchase it from Logitech directly. Had some coupon code for sure. I still feel $100 was a whole lot of money to spend, but ultimately it is worth it to me.

Setting up the wheel, cranking the volume, and sitting close to the TV is pretty much as close as I have gotten to emulating an arcade cabinet at my home. For this reason alone I do love it.

And actually, I suck pretty bad.  :laugh: GT Veterans will think it is blasphemy what I am about to say, but I pretty much kept things at Automatic Transmission even with the wheel.  :blush:  :rofl:

Not kidding, today is the first time I am sticking to using Manual transmission. I have tried it here and there in the past, but never felt good enough to use it. However looking at my friends list times and seeing that everyone that has a good time is using manual transmission finally made me decide I have to learn how to use it. So far I have equaled my best time I had with Auto, but I still cannot crack a Silver trophy. I am .17 seconds off, which alone is enough to drive one mad.

So yeah even though I do suck, that is part of the fun now. Trying to get better is at least current fun.

And Shadowzz mentioned it above but I think it is worth mentioning again, the load times are vastly improved. Granted it is just a little demo, but the load times on the Academy last year were pretty much just as bad as GT 5 was, so it is a pretty good indicator of how they will be. They made VAST improvements to the load times, which is definitely very good news.

Got the same wheel as you DirtyLarry, and I still keep it in auto transmission although I might try out manual as I used to do that on GT5... hopefully you turn traction control off or at least down to 1 or 2!

load times is what kinda killed GT5. You spend more time navigating and loading then racing except for the extreme races.

GT5 was the first GT i started using analogue sticks :/ still not fully used to it i notice... although i cant stear/throttle/brake with pressure sensitivity anymore either.

Can't wait for the a-spec/demo! at least it should have multiplayer of some sort. I am afraid a lot will be DLC :( Like test course (or special stage course X in GT5)

traction control on 2, no drive lines :/ no help whatsoever. still gotta start using manual transmissions again though.

And DirtyLarry, even without manual, gold thropee's should be doable. For the first challenge, to get in the 34second range you will need manual gears. Maybe not even when using a wheel.

Got the same wheel as you DirtyLarry, and I still keep it in auto transmission although I might try out manual as I used to do that on GT5... hopefully you turn traction control off or at least down to 1 or 2!

Weak sauce! Traction Control should be 0 with wheels.  Using traction control creates bad habits.

One must definitely need to learn manual for short shifting and engine braking.

I think that's just it -  too much Turismo, so I'm looking for something different. The main issue I had with GT5 was the AI. I rarely felt I was racing against a field of cars; I was just trying to catch the lead car. There was never any wheel-to-wheel action, get up close and personal and the AI drivers just back off and slow down.

Sure, there's a lot of fun to be had tuning cars for particular races, but it gets to a point when you have at least half a dozen cars in your garage that can do the job, and you're simply doing it for a lack of something better to do.

There are other things too, like the discord between A and B-spec. It kind of wants you to feel part of a team, but never really gets close. It gives the appearance of a career mode, but there's never really any sense of jeopardy. In these respects, for me, it just never quite hit the mark and it left me feeling that it was always unfinished. When I think about it now, it's hard for me to remember why I did play it solidly for over a year. Perhaps in the end the negatives started clouding over the positives, because it is a fantastic game, no doubt about it.

DirtyLarry, you really should learn to use a manual 'box. It makes a big difference, not just to your lap times but the whole immersion thing as well (y)

And DirtyLarry, even without manual, gold thropee's should be doable. For the first challenge, to get in the 34second range you will need manual gears. Maybe not even when using a wheel.

That is exactly why I said to myself I had to learn manual. Was able to get Silver on that first challenge on Auto, but no matter what I was not going to get Gold using Auto, I could tell that.

I am proud to say that even though I used Auto, everything is off. If I am using a wheel figure might as well be as close to real as possible...

Weak sauce! Traction Control should be 0 with wheels.  Using traction control creates bad habits.

One must definitely need to learn manual for short shifting and engine braking.

I do use 0. When i first started playing GT5 I did not and I definitely used traction control, but as I said I was also new to the series as I never gave the other earlier games a real shot as I was not into a sim racers at the time. But once I got comfortable with everything, I turned all assists off & never looked back. I did make sure that was something I did.

DirtyLarry, you really should learn to use a manual 'box. It makes a big difference, not just to your lap times but the whole immersion thing as well (Y)

Yep, I forced myself to only use manual for about an hour the other day. Was actually easier than I thought, but still is hard as hell, if that makes sense. One of my first cars when I was a teenager was a stick, so I know how to drive manual in real life, but doing it in a game where there are tons of turns and driving super fast, yeah, not so easy LOL 

But I was able to do get used to manual, so pretty sure I will stick with only it from now on. It was funny though, I went back to Auto just to see what it would be like after manual, and first drive on Auto I got a better time on manual. Will just take some practice is all. Definitely agree, really makes the immersion that much deeper.

I'm finding it quite difficult in the 300Z to keep it from combine harvester-ing off the track on corners!

Didn't have this much trouble in GT or GT2 but I tend to play Ridge Racer, Outrun or Flatout where it's not emulating real world scenarios.