What games and accessories did you pre-order with your Xbox One?

Holding_Xbox_One_Controller1.jpg

I just pre-ordered Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 along with a play and charge kit. Tried to balance the games so I get one exclusive and multiplat to keep me preoccupied.

I didn't preorder any accessories as they usually sell them before a new console is released anyways, so I'll just buy it from Best Buy or something. I'll probably get a play and charge kit for Xbox, and I'll get a new arcade stick since I'm buying Killer Instinct. :D

None, because of all the whiners I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

I didn't preorder any accessories as they usually sell them before a new console is released anyways, so I'll just buy it from Best Buy or something. I'll probably get a play and charge kit for Xbox, and I'll get a new arcade stick since I'm buying Killer Instinct. :D

Killer Instinct is free-to-play game, it just has in-app micro-transactions.

None, because of all the whiners I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

Huh? People complained to allow sharing of used games and resale of games, how does this make your bookcase empty and why do you need to download digitally ?

Huh? People complained to allow sharing of used games and resale of games, how does this make your bookcase empty and why do you need to download digitally ?

Exactly what I was wondering.

• Like 2

Cause he'd rather be able to buy them and use them without the disc post-install, same as me.

I cancelled all my preorders (had somewhere around eight games preordered) after that, but I have the Xbox One and a controller coming again.  Won't preorder any games though because of it.

Cause he'd rather be able to buy them and use them without the disc post-install, same as me.

I cancelled all my preorders (had somewhere around eight games preordered) after that, but I have the Xbox One and a controller coming again.  Won't preorder any games though because of it.

Oh I see, I'm not going to lie. I dont see a way to make disc-free gaming without online checks and not being able to lend games to friends. But I think having to change a disc when you want to play a different game is a small price to pay to be able to play offline, also to be able to lend games to friends and to resell your used games.. These only apply if you want a bookcase of games.

If you dont want a bookcase of games you can then digitally download games and you don't need to change discs then.

Microsoft could offer the best of both worlds, but I see lots of loopholes that way which can negatively effect game purchases.

Killer Instinct isn't a "Free to Play" game. You can either buy a demo that you can play the game with 1 character and buy some packs for others or you can buy the full game.

Killer Instinct isn't a "Free to Play" game. You can either buy a demo that you can play the game with 1 character and buy some packs for others or you can buy the full game.

You can't buy the full game, its a seasonal subscription if you want to unlock all characters cause they plan to add more over time. You can buy individual characters though. 

Only pre-ordered console. Games will be purchased digitally so I don't need to have discs cluttering my house. Planning on plugging in and buying Dead Rising 3 though.

None, because of all the whiners  Microsof not giving users an option, I now have to buy all my games digitally, and my bookcase will be empty. Thanks for that.

There, I fixed it for you  :)

• Like 3

I'm going digital as well...

I wonder if, I buy all digital will they be willing to ship a copy of the Box Art to me...

No games, as I'm still under the impression I will be able to buy them through the Xbox on day one release.

Having them digitally on my HDD is easier.

Randomevent explained it pretty clearly. Its exactly because of that reason. I embraced the concept of being always online, as I always am anyways. I also agree 100% percent with Don Mattrick, that people who can't be online 24/7 or at least once every 24 hours, shouldn't buy the Xbox One.

Alas, now its nothing more then a more powerfull 360, but I never owned a Xbox before, and I need a media center solution that fits in with the Microsoft Ecosystem. Therefore I pre-ordered it anyway. Also gone is my flexibility to share a game with a friend in another continent, also because of whiners who never were going to buy the console anyway. They ruined the dream for me, but I am confident that Microsoft will come up with a solution in the long run.

So no, I'm not a troll, although I can't deny being very much aligned with Microsoft.

Randomevent explained it pretty clearly. Its exactly because of that reason. I embraced the concept of being always online, as I always am anyways. I also agree 100% percent with Don Mattrick, that people who can't be online 24/7 or at least once every 24 hours, shouldn't buy the Xbox One.

Alas, now its nothing more then a more powerfull 360, but I never owned a Xbox before, and I need a media center solution that fits in with the Microsoft Ecosystem. Therefore I pre-ordered it anyway. Also gone is my flexibility to share a game with a friend in another continent, also because of whiners who never were going to buy the console anyway. They ruined the dream for me, but I am confident that Microsoft will come up with a solution in the long run.

So no, I'm not a troll, although I can't deny being very much aligned with Microsoft.

So people who travel and take their Xbox with them, people in the military and people in countries where there's barely any internet (such as my family in Cuba) are whiners now.

Microsoft could have both options easily. You should be able to have the all digital experience or the current experience. It isn't that hard to do. So stop blaming the "whiners". Blame Microsoft.

I will never go digital, thanks.

I like getting money for my actual disk copy when I trade them in to either Amazon or GameStop.

How people do not want to trade in their used games just boggles my mind.

I like the OP have BF4 and Forza preordered, along with the console obviously.

I also agree 100% percent with Don Mattrick, that people who can't be online 24/7 or at least once every 24 hours, shouldn't buy the Xbox One.

You know that's probably what a lot of people were planning to do. And that's probably why Microsoft had to reverse course.

Money talks. Always has, always will.

(Apparently Neowin hates IE11, or the other way around, because quotes are not working for me.)

Exactly! It might be selfish to say that, but as a software developer myself, I have learned not to deviate from my vision just to adhere to a single persons use-case. And the Xbox 360 is an excelent console for the demographic you are talking about.

The point of a next-gen console is to deliver new experiences, not to just upgrade your hardware and increment its number. *cough*Sony*cough*.

I think its rather pretentious of you to claim that Microsoft could have easily gotten both options, because you dont work in the xbox team.

Now I can't vouch for the following part, but its how I expect it to be:

The vision that Microsoft layed out (which, I fully understood btw, I dont understand how they could have communicated it better) was only possible with the support from the publishers, under the guise that it would be possible to regulate the sale of used games, since it is their only revenue stream. Now that they had to do a full 180 on that, the publishers dont want to cooperate anymore. Another aspect, as one of our fellow commenters had pointed out, was the practicality of having Always online and Always offline people on the same network. It would be to hard to regulate that, and it was easier to just scrap the feature alltogether, although I am confident that we will get game sharing back for people that dont want to remain in the stone ages, and dont shun innovation.

Fact remains, is that I wont buy a collectors edition of Watch_Dogs now, because the old system will require me to have the disc in when I want to play it. With the new system, it would just be bound to my acount, and I could install it from disk and never use it again. I am already afraid of the huge files ill have to download for digital delivery.

I pre-ordered Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse for Xbox One.  I also pre-ordered GTA V, but since it won't be out on the new systems, I had to get it for 360.  Right now it's looking like GTA V will be my last 360 game.

I will never go digital, thanks.

I like getting money for my actual disk copy when I trade them in to either Amazon or GameStop.

How people do not want to trade in their used games just boggles my mind.

I like the OP have BF4 and Forza preordered, along with the console obviously.

Yeah I don't prefer digital copies either (unless for content that's tolerable like dlc and free games). The feel of a physical product to me has much more value compared to certain conviences.

I pre-ordered Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse for Xbox One.  I also pre-ordered GTA V, but since it won't be out on the new systems, I had to get it for 360.  Right now it's looking like GTA V will be my last 360 game.

I also threw in DR3, I love the game Ryse(any story with Rome involved, I'm a sucker for) but if its just a QTE game that's really not worth $60 imo. I'll nab it later for a cheaps.

So, essentially, you want to buy the physical discs, display them on your shelf but not have to swap discs?

• Like 1

accessories i want for my console:

• Mouse. Let face it, some games are providing better gaming experiences when played using mouse than gamepad.
  • Light Gun, yeah too little games that actually utilize it, but i still want it anyway.