1 July released NVIDIA driver on Windows Update?

I haven't had much luck with the later NVIDIA drivers (even WHQL) and so have reverted to 310.70 but this one shows up on Windows Update now, just wondering if anyone has done the update and if they're good before i try it myself.

I have a 560 GTX btw.

post-2-0-43957600-1373449842.png

Not attempted using any Graphic card updates via Windows Update, running on 320.49 here

(GTX 680)

Edit: Thanks for pointing out my typo Anarkii

Very seldom use the drivers from the Windows update site myself, unless I'm working on some one else's computer and it has onboard graphics. I've ran into issues a couple times doing it that way. Would prefer to get them directly from the Nviida site. Just seems to work better, for me.

I'm using the Windows 8.1 Preview and on Youtube videos still flicker and the graphics driver still crashes. And I even downloaded the same drivers from the NVidia website. I found them in the Windows 8.1 thread in the NVidia forums. No difference! I have the Asus Geforce GTX560ti top series.

Not attempted using any Graphic card updates via Windows Update, running on 230.49 here

(GTX 680)

320.49 I think you mean ;)

I haven't had much luck with the later NVIDIA drivers (even WHQL) and so have reverted to 310.70 but this one shows up on Windows Update now, just wondering if anyone has done the update and if they're good before i try it myself.

I have a 560 GTX btw.

attachicon.gifSNAG-0006.png

I haven't had any problems on em with my 660, at least I assume they're the one that was supposed to be on WU before but never showed up for me so I got it from NV heh.

I'm using the Windows 8.1 Preview and on Youtube videos still flicker and the graphics driver still crashes. And I even downloaded the same drivers from the NVidia website. I found them in the Windows 8.1 thread in the NVidia forums. No difference! I have the Asus Geforce GTX560ti top series.

I have the 560 too, you might want to try what I did and downgrade to 310.70 and uncheck "check for updates". I don't get the Youtube flicker issue you do, for me the card overheats in normal desktop mode :s It's a known issue with older cards (and some newer) since the 320.x versions if I recall.

Guess I won't upgrade, and not fix what ain't broke :p Thanks guys :)

I have the 560 too, you might want to try what I did and downgrade to 310.70 and uncheck "check for updates". I don't get the Youtube flicker issue you do, for me the card overheats in normal desktop mode :s It's a known issue with older cards (and some newer) since the 320.x versions if I recall.

Guess I won't upgrade, and not fix what ain't broke :p Thanks guys :)

Actually it's just 320.49 from what I know.  They broke something with regards to the voltage regulator coming back from Sleep mode.  The newer versions are fine in that regards.

Actually it's just 320.49 from what I know.  They broke something with regards to the voltage regulator coming back from Sleep mode.  The newer versions are fine in that regards.

I read on Techspot that 320.18 are the ones on WU (were beta but now WHQL) but I'm not sure because no version number is shown in the details for the update.

Edit: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/723811-updated-whql-nvidia-whql-320-49-released-1st-july.html 320.49 then I guess. Would they have certified those drivers? :s

I read on Techspot that 320.18 are the ones on WU (were beta but now WHQL) but I'm not sure because no version number is shown in the details for the update.

Edit: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/723811-updated-whql-nvidia-whql-320-49-released-1st-july.html 320.49 then I guess. Would they have certified those drivers? :s

The Windows 8.1 release is actually specific to 8.1, should be 326.01

The default 8.1 drivers are 325.7x iirc

The Windows 8.1 release is actually specific to 8.1, should be 326.01

The default 8.1 drivers are 325.7x iirc

I'll give them a try and report back any findings.

The WU driver package is the same one as the one Nvidia had on their web site. (326.01)

It installs silently though so you'll end up with the 3D Vision and Nvidia Update nonsense. :P

The WU driver package is the same one as the one Nvidia had on their web site. (326.01)

It installs silently though so you'll end up with the 3D Vision and Nvidia Update nonsense. :p

I have check for updates unchecked, because WU will tell me anyway.

I have check for updates unchecked, because WU will tell me anyway.

Me too, but it installed the extra service (which creates another local user account for some reason.)

OT: Whee! I can quote posts now if I turn off BBCode Mode before quoting then turning it back on again.

Spoke too soon it seems, my PC froze again and it only does it on newer NVIDIA drivers, reverted back to 310.70.

Update, I clean installed Windows 8.1 yesterday morning and am using the latrest driver from WU, no issues so far.