Steam Summer Sale 2013

It has started, although at the moment all you see is this:

post-1302-0-16688900-1373562160.png

Thread to be updated once the Steam Store is back up.

Hold on to your wallets, folks!

Are we sure it is actually happening and not everyone hitting the site because of the rumours that have been circulating :laugh:

Either way, i'm ready for it. Although i'm going to struggle to find anything i want to buy

What's up with the "cards" (the "more info" link is down)?

Most links are down, Steam aways fail when they have a big sale or a popular game is released.

The cards are tradingcards you get when you play a game there's usually 8 cards per game and you can only get 4 by playing the game the rest by trading and when you get a full set you get XP which goes towards your level.

Only one game I am hoping for to go on sale.. and that's Torchlight 2.

Torchlight 2 is 50% off

Nice gonna buy it tonight. How much is Bioshock Infinite in north america?

29.99 I think.   50% off 59.99.

As for TL2.  I've been waiting months for it to go on sale.  The lowest I have seen is 5$ but I missed it.  So even at 50% off (10$) it was worth it to me.

It is.

Sadly for me the only daily deals I would consider buying is L4D2 and Scribblenauts.....but I don't think I would play either of them enough to purchase.

I would gladly buy Skyrim Legendary if I didn't buy Skyrim + Hearthfire + Dawnguard a few months ago for $35....I would gladly trade those back in in exchange for the Legendary edition now :p.

Hopefully games I'm more interested crop up later, or in tomorrow's daily deal.

EDIT: How exactly do these deals work? A large amount of games are on sale, even though they don't show in the daily deal or anything. So do these games stay on sale the whole duration of the sale? If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

As for TL2.  I've been waiting months for it to go on sale.  The lowest I have seen is 5$ but I missed it.  So even at 50% off (10$) it was worth it to me.

It's worth it at full price of $20 too  :)

It's worth it at full price of $20 too  :)

I'm positive it is.  However I can't justify spending 20$.  But I can justify spending 10$ on something that is normally double the cost.  

How exactly do these deals work? A large amount of games are on sale, even though they don't show in the daily deal or anything. So do these games stay on sale the whole duration of the sale? If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

That's what it sounds like to me.  So it's best to check every day for the game you want to be on the Daily Sale.  If it is then buy it then.  If on the last day your game still hasn't come up.  Buy it.

But as I say for me, I just wanted to get TL2 for < 10$ which I was able to do.

If so then it would be worth waiting until the last day to see if something you want becomes a daily deal (and therefore gets even more off), right?

If the games you want are 75% off then i would say just buy now, it is rare to see games more than 75% off.

Borderlands 2 is up for voting for today's flash sale. Everyone go vote for it so I can buy it for $11.00. :D

Yikes you missed Green Man Gaming's Steam code Borderlands 2 + Season pass for $15 sale a few days ago.

Just saw that!  *Purchased*

It was not a daily sale, it will probably have a better discount next days.

Borderlands 2 is up for voting for today's flash sale. Everyone go vote for it so I can buy it for $11.00. :D

And then pay 100?+ for the DLCs? (yes, they cost that much!)

Tomb raider reboot is at 50%, is there a posibility for the game to become 75% on the following days? that's perhaps the only game that I'm interested at the moment... (well, left for dead 1 and 2 at 75% are already with me)

Tomb raider reboot is at 50%, is there a posibility for the game to become 75% on the following days? that's perhaps the only game that I'm interested at the moment... (well, left for dead 1 and 2 at 75% are already with me)

Daily sale = lowest price. If it's not a daily sale check every day if they put on daily sale and if they don't simply buy it the last day. Community choices and flash sales (basically any offer that doesn't last for the whole sale) have the lowest price as well.