Steam Summer Sale 2013

So what happened to the Community's Choice? Last I checked it had a different vote going, with Saint's Row 3 having won the previous one. Now it seems a different vote is going without the previous winner going up for sale....

1 day into the sale and i still haven't bought anything.

Past years i had a idea what i wanted. This year, i can't think of any games that i want, that i don't already own.

I'm assuming GTA IV won the last Community Sale vote.....it's not showing up on the front page, but if you look up the prices of the games in the last vote (GTA IV, Protal 2 and Mirror's Edge), GTA IV is only $5 while the other two are still $10.

So heads up, if anyone wanted GTA IV on the PC, it's $5 now.

Going to pick up Surgeon Simulator & Fez & Just Cause 2.

Surgeon Sim is a hilarious game, but it's only about an hour worth of fun.  Not a bad deal for a few bucks though.

JC2 at that price is more than worth it. Ton of mindless fun.

Agreed, I got JC2 for free with a video card purchase ages ago, but if I didn't have it I would be picking it up with its current price.

That being said, no deals today really look worth getting for me, I was hoping to get Mirror's Edge via the community's choice but people chose the worst GTA yet (IMHO....though mostly to being one of the worst PC ports I've ever seen) over it. Kind of glad with the deals though, I can save money for other games that crop up later.

It seems the steam summer cards are all the games that will be featured as daily deals. Tomb Raider should be the next one. There's a thread on reddit discussing it.

So Torchlight II shall be coming up at some point during the sale for more than 50% off.

If you weren't aware of the badges here's the games. Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry, Dead Island riptide, Football Manager 2013, Kerbal Space Program, Prison Architect, Reus, Skyrim, Tomb raider, and Torchlight II.

Personally looking forward to Torchlight II, Kerbal and Prison architect. If Skyrim happens to be 66% (or more off) I may pick it up for the DLC.

After 5 hours of trying.. finally got JC2.   And ^ Blah, kinda wishing I held off on the TL2 purchase.  Got it at 50% off so, max another 5$ savings.. but that's an extra 4.99$ game I could have gotten.

Valve needs to buy a datacenter, holy hell its never been this bad

Half-Life 2 launch day activation requests. Trust me, it's been this bad before.

Anyone on the fence about JC2.

I highly recommend it. Also there is a public beta for the multiplayer mod on the 20th July. I played it last time and it is great fun,

Daily Deal is Tomb Raider. It's 12.49 USD.

Also worth mentioning all TR games spare 2013 and legend are 91% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663/

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41017Tomb-Raider2-Download/dp/B007VFHGZ4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373736765&sr=8-4&keywords=tombraider Use code Gooncave to get it to 11.26 on amazon.

Kerbal will be daily deal tomorrow. Still waiting on Torchlight II.

nothin' peaking my interest today... that is to say... no big games < 9.99 I want haha.

Haha 12.49 was close enough for me ;)

Now if we could get Dishonored for under 15$ i would be extremely happy.

BTW i'm looking to buy Fallout New vegas. I heard the PC version is better than console version. Is the game worth my playtime? Should i buy the ultimate or normal version? I'm not a fan of addons. The normal version is 6$ and the ultimate one 12$.

Sadly it's US only on Amazon.ca it's still over 30$. You get way better deal that us in USA that's why i love steam XD.

just use any american address and it'll work

Haha 12.49 was close enough for me ;)

Now if we could get Dishonored for under 15$ i would be extremely happy.

Right now I have my eyes on Kerbal, was wanting TL2 but ended up buying it for 9.99.   And bought Just Cause 2 for 2.99 yesterday.  If at the end of the sale I haven't bought anything else I may raise to 15$ but.. have to see :p  Don't wanna buy a bunch of games (even for discount) and not end up playing them.

BTW i'm looking to buy Fallout New vegas. I heard the PC version is better than console version. Is the game worth my playtime? Should i buy the ultimate or normal version? I'm not a fan of addons. The normal version is 6$ and the ultimate one 12$.

If you enjoy RPG games than definitely. The mod community behind it is strong as well, which means more content than Bethesda supplied as a reward for buying it on PC instead of the console. If you do want to buy it, wait until it goes on a larger sale than it is now, while $12 isn't much ($6 for just the base game), I bet you will be able to buy ultimate edition for $7-9 before the end of the summer sale. Worst case you can buy it on the last day at its current sale prices.