Microsoft gave Skype calls and email access to the NSA.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/418783/report-microsoft-gave-skype-calls-and-email-access-to-nsa/

It appears that Microsoft has been giving Skype calls and emails to the NSA via Prisim since 2011. Microsoft have freely allowed access, and the NSA has shared the information they obtained with the CIA and FBI.

Futhermore this could mean that rumors about the Xbox One kinect spying on you might actually be true since the Xbox One will be using Skype and Hotmail for your Xbox Live accounts.  The NSA could actually have access to your voice chats while in game.  Now while this may deter hackers from the Xbox One, it may cause people to not use the voice chat or video chat features all together.

However there is one thing that I still don't get ...... where the hell is Anonymous? I thought they were against all this spying nonsense.

Doesn't this all remind you of Animal Farm.

"You shall not eat bacon"

then

"You shall not bacon crafted by a pig"

then

"you shall not eat bacon crafted by a pig when you shouldn't be eating bacon in the first place"

?

I also heard MS has "rumored" to have given the NSA a backdoor access to windows since I think Windows 1995 or 1998'ish. Not sure how true that is but if they gave NSA access to Skype, stands to reason they'd give access to Windows too.

I also heard MS has "rumored" to have given the NSA a backdoor access to windows since I think Windows 1995 or 1998'ish. Not sure how true that is but if they gave NSA access to Skype, stands to reason they'd give access to Windows too.

I wouldn't put it past them.

While I think Prisims intentions are good, the fact that I'm being spyed on like a criminal isn't right if I've done nothing wrong. 

It's been known ever since they came into ownership of skype that the very first update was to allow it to be tapped. Some hackers were coming out and actually saying it when they noticed all the strange skype updates.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/418783/report-microsoft-gave-skype-calls-and-email-access-to-nsa/

It appears that Microsoft has been giving Skype calls and emails to the NSA via Prisim since 2011. Microsoft have freely allowed access, and the NSA has shared the information they obtained with the CIA and FBI.

Futhermore this could mean that rumors about the Xbox One kinect spying on you might actually be true since the Xbox One will be using Skype and Hotmail for your Xbox Live accounts.  The NSA could actually have access to your voice chats while in game.  Now while this may deter hackers from the Xbox One, it may cause people to not use the voice chat or video chat features all together.

However there is one thing that I still don't get ...... where the hell is Anonymous? I thought they were against all this spying nonsense.

Enough with this ###### already.  That is not how the Kinect even functions.

You guys make it sound like MS had a choice in complying with the NSA.

Enough with this bull**** already.  That is not how the Kinect even functions.

The Kinect has a camera and a Microphone, plus the Xbox One is getting skype which enables voice and video chat.

The Kinect has a camera and a Microphone, plus the Xbox One is getting skype which enables voice and video chat.

So does your phone. 

With the Kinect, all you have to do is not be connected to the internet and there's no info being sent. 

So does your phone. 

With the Kinect, all you have to do is not be connected to the internet and there's no spying.

I don't use Skype on my phone.

But yeah disconnecting the Xbox One would prevent spying.  It makes me wonder now, did MS push the always online to comply with the NSA?

There is no "rumor". It's pretty much accepted fact at this point. I have no intention of putting an always on HD camera in my living room for ANYONE much less the NSA, sorry Xbox One. If switching to Linux or another OS was viable for gaming i'd switch from Windows as well.

So does your phone. 

With the Kinect, all you have to do is not be connected to the internet and there's no info being sent. 

if you disconnect your Xbox One from the internet you lose effectively more than half of it's functionality. And if people hadn't stood up and told Microsoft they didn't want those nonsense DRM limitations, then the Xbox would be 100% useless unless it was connected to the internet.

Enough with this bull**** already.  That is not how the Kinect even functions.

Whether they had a choice or not, I don't want it in my house.

I don't use Skype on my phone.

But yeah disconnecting the Xbox One would prevent spying.  It makes me wonder now, did MS push the always online to comply with the NSA?

Doesn't matter if you don't use Skype; it has a camera, mic, gps and it is ALWAYS WITH YOU. Lol, i always love it when people talk about MS/Kinect and PRISM  and yet they love their phone. 

Yes, it was so they can spy on you in your underwear while you play Halo. They all gather around the computer eating popcorn while they watch. :s

Have you even thought about how much bandwidth that would take for the kinect to send info like that? This device is in 1080p, the video would be gigs.

There is no "rumor". It's pretty much accepted fact at this point. I have no intention of putting an always on HD camera in my living room for ANYONE much less the NSA, sorry Xbox One. If switching to Linux or another OS was viable for gaming i'd switch from Windows as well.

if you disconnect your Xbox One from the internet you lose effectively more than half of it's functionality. And if people hadn't stood up and told Microsoft they didn't want those nonsense DRM limitations, then the Xbox would be 100% useless unless it was connected to the internet.

lol! 

The Xbox doesn't require internet at all anymore. Once you download the patch, all the DRM is off. That means you don't need any internet connection at all. No functionality is lost; it's exactly like the 360.

I would say, you are thinking that Linux is free of this? so Android is not spying on you or any other Linux distribution.

Why people don't understand simple point. They trapped whole internet thing, whether you use skype or google voice or face time, everything is just recorded if they are really spying.

It's like as Microsoft is doing spying on you. Its govt order, you can't disobey the order.

Prism_slide_5.jpg

I did said that Spying is costly, so NSA might probably sell the snooped data to anyone/entities who want to pay for it.

That data might contain attractive values, as such data not only originated to individuals U.S. citizen but also from corporates entities.

The pictures indicates NSA might have gain foothold on MSFT since Vista.

People should watch for any suspicious figure after on-going MSFT re-org.

1. Don't bother as long as you are not doing anything wrong. I would say they can spy on me, I have nothing to lose or doing nothing wrong. Watching me, while I bath, no issue. I don't mind as long as they don't make it public :P
2. Don't use electronic goods if you really care about all these things.