Gran Turismo 6 to include the Goodwood Hill Climb

Goodwood?s renowned 1.86km Hill Climb, centre piece of the British stately home?s annual Festival of Speed, has been announced as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo?6 for PlayStation?3. 

The Goodwood Festival of Speed has an enviable international reputation as a celebration of all things automotive and motor sport. The annual event, held at the family home of the Earl of March, features an array of cars that spans from the beginnings of the automotive industry at the end of 19th century to the very latest cars proudly displayed by the manufacturers. The range and scope of the event is mirrored by Polyphony Digital?s aspirations for "The Real Driving Simulator".

"I have always been a huge admirer of the Festival of Speed and what Lord March has achieved," explains Polyphony Digital President and legendary creator of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, who will don his own race suit and helmet to pilot a number of cars up the famous Hill at Goodwood. "I love the incredible range of cars on display ? from the priceless, rare and exotic, to the latest family hatchback and full on racing cars ? I love the challenge of the Hill Climb and the rally stage. Goodwood represents every type of motoring and motor sport which very much mirrors what we aim to achieve with Gran Turismo and so it is very special that we have forged this partnership. There will be no better feedback than that provided by the Goodwood fans to tell me if we are heading in the right direction with Gran Turismo 6!"

Good-wood festival of speed is an Amazing day or weekend. I highly recommend it to anyone with a slight interest in cars or racing. You can get close to all the car and the smells and noises of them are awesome.