George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

Trayvon Martin was beating on Zimmerman and smashing his head into the concrete, yep Trayvon is totally innocent. Dont want to be shot? Then dont put yourself in the position to get shot.

Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch. the police tell you to report any suspecious activity if they think something up. He followedhim and reported suspicious activity.. Nothing wrong with that.

Do they also tell you to confront the person, who at that moment in time, was not committing any crime.

Did they go into detail about what this suspicious activity was?.. Here in the UK the police will stop any 'suspicious' looking character in the street to see what they are up to, but this could be something as simple as a scruffy looking guy with his hood up walking down the street, my point is, just because someone looks suspicious it doesn't mean they are actually doing anything wrong... what was this guy doing that made Zimmerman confront him that absolutely could not wait until the police arrived?

I believe the jury was correct, they submitting a verdict based on evidence, but if someone was alive to defend the dead guy i think it would have been very different.

Zimmerman would probably be better off in jail, he'll be weaker on the streets.

He still 'lost'...hes never going to have a normal life simply because everything is a race issue for blacks in america.  They've been productive, Paula Deen and Zimmerman, wonder who's next on their quest to blame everyone for their bad image. 

• Like 2

Trayvon Martin was beating on Zimmerman and smashing his head into the concrete, yep Trayvon is totally innocent. Dont want to be shot? Then dont put yourself in the position to get shot.

Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch. the police tell you to report any suspecious activity if they think something up. He followedhim and reported suspicious activity.. Nothing wrong with that.

if i had the amount of time to do the things that Zimmerman accused Martin of I'd be the one on trial. A kid doesn't know how to use concrete as a murder weapon like an adult. So many accuse the US Government of evil of spying on it citizens but it's A OK to follow someone. The hypocrisy in in all of this is nothing short of me wanting to fly to Moscow.

Zimmerman is not a cop so why did he continue to follow Martin? In Canada you can use as much force as is necessary to repel an attack, that dosen't mean if someone punches you, you can pull a gun and shoot him. We have but one persons account of what happened that is the one that is still alive. So now we have to go by that account, but in my life time no 15 year old kid would have put me on the pavement by himself, but thats just me. This is a good reason why fools should not be carrying guns as people end up dead

for no reason. Zimmerman was told not to follow Martin if he had listened Martin would not be dead that is a fact. As for this race crap I have seen it pulled for the slightest things, it becomes hard to believe after awhile.

He still 'lost'...hes never going to have a normal life simply because everything is a race issue for blacks in america.  They've been productive, Paula Deen and Zimmerman, wonder who's next on their quest to blame everyone for their bad image. 

Wait second. Look at the Paula Deen case before making this stupid comment,

if i had the amount of time to do the things that Zimmerman accused Martin of I'd be the one on trial. A kid doesn't know how to use concrete as a murder weapon like an adult. So many accuse the US Government of evil of spying on it citizens but it's A OK to follow someone. The hypocrisy in in all of this is nothing short of me wanting to fly to Moscow.

Have you ever seen a high school fight before? Apparently you don't know how vicious kids can be.

You make it sound like Trayvon was a 4 year old.... What 17 year old doesn't know Concrete = Hard? Like most people who seem to be "defending" Trayvon you forget about the pictures on his phone showing guns, weed, thugish things, He wasn't the innocent little angel the media portrayed to the mindless masses. But what ever, that doesnt matter, what matters now is the backlash from this verdict. I understand some people will protest(even though that in its self undermines the whole trial) but im worried about "certain" members of the black community who will use it for an excuse to cause havoc (and before i get screams of racism, this was already said by a group of black supports and several hundred/thousand black twitter users)

• Like 2

I don't buy this self defense BS. Why did he follow the kid and why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun while they are on the way home? I am convinced that he wanted to shoot someone and a neighborhood watch is suppose to do just that...watch. I hope his life is miserable. 

you SHOULD really realize that the Prosecution had the burden of proof to prove zimmerman had intent on killing trayvon. they failed miserably. even the prosecutions own expert witness testified in such a way that shredded their case. there was NEVER a case to begin with. the ONLY reason they had the trial was to "appease" the feral animals who were screaming murder. Also to "appease" al sharpton too.

I bet they feel stupid now...

You make it sound like Trayvon was a 4 year old.... What 17 year old doesn't know Concrete = Hard? Like most people who seem to be "defending" Trayvon you forget about the pictures on his phone showing guns, weed, thugish things, He wasn't the innocent little angel the media portrayed to the mindless masses. But what ever, that doesnt matter, what matters now is the backlash from this verdict. I understand some people will protest(even though that in its self undermines the whole trial) but im worried about "certain" members of the black community who will use it for an excuse to cause havoc (and before i get screams of racism, this was already said by a group of black supports and several hundred/thousand black twitter users)

I'm confused.. are you americans ok with guns or just when it suits you?

what gets me is, trayvons mom right after his death, wanted to copyright her sons name to make hoodies and other novelties. What a stinking mess and then call zimmerman out like he is an animal. if trayvon were alive today, he'd stand trial, probably as an adult for assault. he had thc from weed in his blood at the time of him attacking Zimmerman.

some folks here have narrow tunnel vision

we're ok with them when... laws like Floridas "stand your ground" exist.

Im from the UK.... I don't agree with guns being readily available, but i understand that they're here, and there is nothing you can do now about stopping it in the US, there will always be people pro guns and people anti guns. But that being said, given the choice of weapon if someone was attacking me and i thought i was in serious danger.... I'd pick the gun any time. I would also shoot to kill someone if they were on top of me slamming my head into concrete.. And im sorry but if anyone says they wouldn't then you're either 1) A liar, or 2) Don't value your own life. In my world My life > Random guy smashing my face in.

That jury is, holy crap... ****ing dumb.

no they are not. they were smart enough to see that the prosecution had no case. the former police chief who resigned even said they didn't have enough evidence to try him. the whole trial was meant to "appease" the people.. wait a minute... the same people who claim zimmerman is a murderer want to kill zimmerman.... and are calling out to murder him..

Hypocrisy reigns supreme!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Good!!  I watched a large portion of this trial and it was readily apparent that Mr. Zimmerman was not guilty.  This gives me a boost in confidence in the Justice system.

• Like 3

Absolutely astounding to me that people think this is just.

Unbelievable...

Zimmerman initiated a conflict which ended with him shooting dead an unarmed 17 year old & he is not even found guilty of manslaughter?

...that's ok with you?

It seems pretty sick to me.

• Like 2

Unbelievable...

Zimmerman initiated a conflict which ended with him shooting dead an unarmed 17 year old & he is not even found guilty of manslaughter?

...that's ok with you?

Zimmerman didnt touch him first. There was a rash of break ins so he followed him because he was suspicious, not because hes racist but because.he was concerned. Trayvon being the punk that he is hit Zimmerman in the nose causing it to fracture and making him fall then Trayvon beat him and he ultimately lost his life. If someone is following you, that doesnt give you the right to hit someone. If you are worried about someone following you, call the police. Dont get macho and fight them...
  • Like 3

I can understand why people were against George Zimmerman. Especially with some of the stories on biased news stations. It took time after reading evidence and allowing the full story to unravel that I was able to see the true order of events. Unfortunately, there are parents without their child. Was it the best decisions Zimmerman could have made? Probably not. Would I have done the same? No. However, I understand why he did. The prosecution painted this image of a little boy who was a perfect member of society. Too bad he was a full-grown 17 year old starting to become a thug. Maybe not even a thug, but you could probably tell that he was not an innocent child. I am sure he had testosterone flowing through him like any other teenager, and perhaps that is what gave him the courage to confront Zimmerman.

What annoys me is when everything on Neowin turns in to a political debate. We need not discuss gun laws in this thread, there is another devoted to that. He was able to defend himself legally. End of story. The jury made their decision. You cannot go back in time. The prosecution was grasping at straws the entire case. The only positive they had in their case was liberal news outlets turning this in to a racial issue. With that said, the only reason that was a big deal is because a large portion of America has their head up their asses.

what bothered me about the whole case was, while some here are calling the case a travesty for trayvon and his family and black community (not in those exact words) the defense was DENiED the ability to present facts in the court room. the cell phone pics of him smoking weed, holding guns and some other stuff that the defense wasn't allowed to use. I think this was because the prosecution itself and DOJ who funded protests link here  who knew that there was no case. Even the former police chief stated on the record that there wasn't any evidence to charge zimmerman.

next; it was racial division. how so? Zimmerman is Hispanic NOT white. this was an attempt by the DOJ and conspiring main stream media who, has NO credibility and losing viewership all the time who attempted to shove racial disharmony on America. if the people hate each other, they won't stand together to complain how crappy our economy has been raped by the rich. a great distraction to take our minds off of being bent over in that regard.

But the whole case, was a fraud. why wasn't the defense allowed to present evidence about trayvon having jewelry, tools to break into where ever to steal items and he couldn't explain where he got them? why did the media always show the young 12 year old trayvons picture and NOT the 17 year old who had THC in his blood, pics of him with guns etc?

why did his mommy apply to copyright trayvons name so she could sell hoodies etc? - to make a buck off the tragedy! she couldn't care too much for the boy if all she could think of was making money off his name!!!!

LOL! the only humor I got was watching feral animals attempting to riot by burning down oakland after the verdict. as joe pesci would say, "g' head morons, buring your own stinking homes down, who gives a F%^&!? it's YOUR home!"

• Like 3

Zimmerman didnt touch him first. There was a rash of break ins so he followed him because he was suspicious, not because hes racist but because.he was concerned. Trayvon being the punk that he is hit Zimmerman in the nose causing it to fracture and making him fall then Trayvon beat him and he ultimately lost his life. If someone is following you, that doesnt give you the right to hit someone. If you are worried about someone following you, call the police. Dont get macho and fight them...

Again Zimmerman initated the conflict. He may not have thrown the first punch but there was zero need for him to do anything. Instead he was losing a fist fight so he pulled out his gun & shot Trayvon.

What annoys me is when everything on Neowin turns in to a political debate. We need not discuss gun laws in this thread, there is another devoted to that. He was able to defend himself legally. End of story. The jury made their decision. You cannot go back in time. The prosecution was grasping at straws the entire case. The only positive they had in their case was liberal news outlets turning this in to a racial issue. With that said, the only reason that was a big deal is because a large portion of America has their head up their asses.

Like it or not this IS about guns & race.

You think this would have turned out the same if it was a black man shooting a white man? I wonder if stand your ground laws would hold up then.

Unbelievable...

...that's ok with you?

boy.. you need to research the incident before you comment. you just showed us you have NO clue as to what happened.

it may be over now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Martin family takes Zimmerman to civil court and wins, as the burden of proof is much lower ("preponderance of evidence," eg 51% to 49% vs. criminal court's "beyond a reasonable doubt")  Zimmerman's legal troubles are almost certainly not over. 

I know that I may not have a thorough knowledge of the case, but I do know for a fact that the 911 POLICE operator told Zimmerman not to follow Martin, and he chose to anyway....  He wanted to be a vigilante protector of his neighborhood, and it was this act that facilitated a confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman...  Had Zimmerman not followed the kid, Martin would still be alive. 

PS- Has anyone considered that Martin was maybe, you know, afraid of some guy following him, and thus attacked Zimmerman in order to scare him away?  ESPECIALLY considering the fact that he was a young black man, who by race is highly profiled (and definitely profiled in this case)?  Maybe MARTIN feared for his life when he saw Zimmerman...  And was trying to pre-emptively defend himself...  I don't think that's unreasonable...  Wrong? maybe, but not unreasonable given we humans are animals and do have basic animal instincts.  U think a porcupine wants to hurt you when he shoots his quills at you? No, he just doesn't want YOU to kill him, and will do whatever is necessary to get you to back off... 

it may be over now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Martin family takes Zimmerman to civil court and wins, as the burden of proof is much lower ("preponderance of evidence," eg 51% to 49% vs. criminal court's "beyond a reasonable doubt")  Zimmerman's legal troubles are almost certainly not over. 

kind of hard to prove civil cases when the person who perpetrated or started the incident when the martin family member attacked first and Zimmerman was right in the eyes of the law under "stand your ground." Trayvon instigated by jumping zimmerman. plus, Zimmerman probably doesn't have anything to sue for. throughout the trial, he was broke.

The main thing in this case was that the Prosecution was never able to really prove Zimmermans story was wrong. Zimmermans story whether true or not is the only real evidence we had. They claimed he lied and exaggerated and were able to show holes in his story but thats about it. Had they been able to actually piece together a timeline of events and prove Zimmerman was in the wrong then maybe the outcome would have been different. 

Reallly? So the victim wasnt given justice? :| Conspiracy: Zimmerman's lawyer/s paid the jury.

How do you know they're following you? They could be going in the same direction but to a destination near yours. Of course if you're going the cross- country route through the sub, cutting behind houses & community buildings off the normal pathways you ARE going to draw attention and suspicion.

Hell, black folks here would be raising the alarm too given the problems in the Detroit area. There was a story on the news tonight about members of a black community going up to suspicious cars in their neighborhood and challenging their intentions.

It isn't race, it's behavior.

You forgot jumping the fence to a gated community.