George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

Again, he didn't have to instigate it. The law requires that the response be proportionate to what one is faced with.

Exactly. Trayvon Martin knew he was being followed and that he had to do what was necessary to protect his life. Unfortunately he was unarmed and didn't have the physical skill to defeat Zimmerman in hand to hand combat. 

Exactly. Trayvon Martin knew he was being followed and that he had to do what was necessary to protect his life. Unfortunately he was unarmed and didn't have the physical skill to defeat Zimmerman in hand to hand combat. 

Please explain how someone "following" you is illegal or violent, and why that action requires you to "protect your life".

We'll wait for your explanation. 

After reading many of these comments it is quite clear to me that nothing has changed in this world European Americans still make these types of comments their grandparents made about African American people. Pure and simple it?s white supremacy under the disguise racism. Lots of code words or symbolism to mean hateful things!

And you are ignoring the fact that most violent crime is committed by young minority kids on other minorities, as in this case but especially blacks on other blacks.

Just recently a Detroit high school kid about the same age as Martin was killed by an elderly man. That kid and another were physically accosting 2 high school girls on their way to their car after cheerleading practice. The elderly man intervened and was attacked. He responded using his legally carried weapon. Not one word of controversy, no calls prosecution from the usual suspects (Sharpton, Jackson, the media etc.) No media circus. No prosecution. No threat of a civil rights case.

Why? The elderly man was also black. They call it hypocrisy.

And you are ignoring the fact that most violent crime is committed by young minority kids on other minorities, as in this case but especially blacks on other blacks.

Just recently a Detroit high school kid about the same age as Martin was killed by an elderly man. That kid and another were physically accosting 2 high school girls on their way to their car after cheerleading practice. The elderly man intervened and was attacked. He responded using his legally carried weapon. Not one word of controversy, no calls prosecution from the usual suspects (Sharpton, Jackson, the media etc.) No media circus. No prosecution. No threat of a civil rights case.

Why? The elderly man was also black. They call it hypocrisy.

Let's go one further.

Sanford, FL, - http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-06/news/os-drive-by-shooting-victim-mother-20120406_1_drive-by-shooting-police-station-mother

This happened about 1 month later, drive by shooting, black on black crime. 17 year old man/boy whatever, left paralyzed in the street. Literally 2 blocks from the Police Department. in Sanford.

But no Jessie Jackson, or Al Sharpton, or community outcry.. nothing.. Why, because it couldn't be turned into a racial issue and forward their own agenda...

Part of Zimmerman's defense was that he was he was poor hand to hand fighter. I'm simply saying that Zimmerman wouldn't have walked away from the type of attack that he described had I been the one he was stalking in that situation. 

Sorry what?

In a GATED community that had recently been BURGLED by a BLACK MALE, and Trayvon JUMPED the gates and was TRESPASSING I think Zimmerman had every right to be suspicious.

So you are telling me if you had jumped a gated community fence you would have beaten Zimmerman to unconsciousness just because he was following you?

The gun didn't even come into play until Trayvon started bouncing Zimmermans head off the floor, so you can stop that BS right now.

From what i read in here (mind you I'm not American) it seems that the media is doing a great job; misinform the people, gathers several jack4sses from both (or just one side of the parties) that have their own agenda and throw together and sees the outcomes. There's wasn't a case to begin with and now the jury didn't condemn him, in spite all the crap that the media are feeding the people (ABC and NBC with the doctored "proofs").

From 1976 to 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Of those, 262,621 were committed by other blacks. Being black, I think I have more to fear from the dude down the street, than from someone like Zimmerman.

i wonder how many of those blacks got away with it?

Let's go one further.

Sanford, FL, - http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-06/news/os-drive-by-shooting-victim-mother-20120406_1_drive-by-shooting-police-station-mother

This happened about 1 month later, drive by shooting, black on black crime. 17 year old man/boy whatever, left paralyzed in the street. Literally 2 blocks from the Police Department. in Sanford.

But no Jessie Jackson, or Al Sharpton, or community outcry.. nothing.. Why, because it couldn't be turned into a racial issue and forward their own agenda...

That's not even close to comparable.

1) It didn't involve an innocent black youth being chased by a racist vigilante

2) The kid didn't die

3) The suspect wasn't found at the scene and then allowed to go free without arrest

People forget that the main reason the Zimmerman case attracted so much attention was because he wasn't even arrested at the time. Martin was killed on the 26th February and it took until the 11th April for Zimmerman to be arrested - that's well over a month. People were outraged that a black youth could be killed in an apparently racially motivated confrontation while the killer was allowed to walk free without facing any charges.

Has the media used the Martin case to pursue a political and economic agenda? Absolutely and that is true of all sides. However, the case certainly warranted a lot of coverage as it speaks to justice at a fundamental level. One should not be able to take someone else's life in questionable circumstances and simply walk free, especially not when one initiates the confrontation. I'm not saying that Zimmerman should have been found guilty of murder, as I accept that the evidence presented doesn't support that, but he should not have been allowed to simply walk away free - he killed someone through his own reckless actions and should face some legal consequence.

PS - This is no reflection on you but that article you linked to is trash journalism. It's presented more like a pretentious novel than an objective piece of journalism.

Vickie Little stayed up a bit longer than she usually did Sunday night watching television and slipped into a slumber.

Her sleep was punctuated by a knock at her door from police officers who had found her 17-year-old son collapsed on the street from a gunshot wound just a block away from their new home.

Little's hands trembled as she lifted them to the back of her neck, showing reporters during a news conference at Sanford Police headquarters Friday where the bullet entered her boy's body and left him paralyzed.

Sorry what?

In a GATED community that had recently been BURGLED by a BLACK MALE, and Trayvon JUMPED the gates and was TRESPASSING I think Zimmerman had every right to be suspicious.

So you are telling me if you had jumped a gated community fence you would have beaten Zimmerman to unconsciousness just because he was following you?

The gun didn't even come into play until Trayvon started bouncing Zimmermans head off the floor, so you can stop that BS right now.

If Trayvon had bounced Zimmermans head a few more times, a little harder, insetad of walking away and getting shot in the back... i wonder if he would have escaped jail...

People forget that the main reason the Zimmerman case attracted so much attention was because he wasn't even arrested at the time. Martin was killed on the 26th February and it took until the 11th April for Zimmerman to be arrested - that's well over a month. 

1: Neither did the George Zimmerman case.

The Police Department couldn't file charges because they couldn't disprove his statement on the scene, there was no reason to not believe him, Just because someone isn't arrested doesn't mean charges will not be filed in the future with the SAO (State Attorneys Office). And murder has no statute of limitations, so they could have filed/arrested 10 years later.

But not only did they choose to not file charges on their own, they had direct contact/meetings to lay out the case with the State Attorneys office in Seminole County, who also concluded from the statement/evidence that there was not enough probable cause to charge him. It wasn't taken lightly.

I see you are from the UK, you should read a bit more up on the US legal system and how things work in depth. Because I wouldn't even attempt to argue with anyone from the UK on how there legal system works, as I have NO idea of the differences there. But the way it works here must be drastically different if you believe what you portray to believe.

If Trayvon had bounced Zimmermans head a few more times, a little harder, insetad of walking away and getting shot in the back... i wonder if he would have escaped jail...

Why would he have escaped jail for assaulting someone, in the UK we call that Actual Bodily Harm and can carry a penalty of 5 years. Causing ABH just because someone was following you is no excuse.

• Like 2

Why would he have escaped jail for assaulting someone, in the UK we call that Actual Bodily Harm and can carry a penalty of 5 years. Causing ABH just because someone was following you is no excuse.

In the UK every Tom, Dick and Harry isnt allowed to carry a gun! Thank the Gods for small graces. In the UK there is a very low chance someone will shoot you because you walked on their lawn!

The mistake in this case was not the Court, but in the walking away, and turning your back. So if you bounce a mans head off the floor, make sure not leave him in a state where can take good aim and shoot you!

In the UK every Tom, Dick and Harry isnt allowed to carry a gun!

Unless he had the gun drawn and pointed at Trayvon it isn't justification for knocking someone to the ground and then repeatedly bashing their head into the concrete.

Part of Zimmerman's defense was that he was he was poor hand to hand fighter. I'm simply saying that Zimmerman wouldn't have walked away from the type of attack that he described had I been the one he was stalking in that situation. 

Ah, the old "Internet Tough Guy" defense.

:rolleyes:

Wth are you talking about? He was shot in the chest from the front and fell off of Zimmerman. The bullet hole was not in the back.

I don't buy it. The police officers told him not to follow the kid but yet he did and he killed him as a result. The kid was on his way home from the store carrying ice tea. I don't buy self defense for a minute. 

The police didn't, the dispatcher.

The kid attacked him. If Zimmerman was hit, you must acquit.

Why would you fight someone for following you?

• Like 2

Saw this on 4Chan. Made me laugh.

post-350302-0-97882100-1373832447.png

I found a recount of another similar story recorded on Vocaroo but it has 2 uses of the N-word so I can't post it.

off-topic...  this story has beem similar with old history of O.J. Simpson who killed his ex-wife and her best friend that he found not gulity, but later..... he put in prison for steal or kidnapped.  I don't believe that O.J. Simpson who innocent, because he already killed them before he escape to other city. many Los Angeles, California, LAPD chase him for long time until they arrested him at his place.

What do you mean, "You people"?

50255_43068672591_8238_n.jpg

Let's change two details - Zimmerman's gun stays holstered and therefore Trayvon finishes beating Zimmerman to death.  (All too plausible.)  Premise - should Trayvon Martin then be charged with either manslaughter OR even second-degree murder in the beating death of Zimmerman?  And if not, why not?

Where was it ever established that Zimmerman was a racist? The talking heads of the media circus that is ABC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. do not count as valid proof.

The court of law and of common sense disagrees with everything you've been making up in this fantasy agenda of progressive advancement through racial division that gets pushed every time there's an altercation between two people of different skin colors.

• Like 3

Where was it ever established that Zimmerman was a racist? The talking heads of the media circus that is ABC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. do not count as valid proof.

The court of law and of common sense disagrees with everything you've been making up in this fantasy agenda of progressive advancement through racial division that gets pushed every time there's an altercation between two people of different skin colors.

Resident neowinians gave expert testimony and proved him a racist.

• Like 2