How to transfer All Photos from Google+ to Flickr

Question

I needed something like http://flickrtoplus.com/ but the other way round. Where i can transfer All my photos from Google+ to Flickr without downloading them to my computer first and then uploading again.

Does anyone have idea? I have been searching around but didn't find anything.

9 answers to this question

Unfortunately flickr doesn't allow you to upload photos from anywhere but My Computer. I think you're out of luck on this one.

Yup, Marshall is right.... only way is that you download the photos from your plus account to your computer then upload to Flickr account...

I know it's lot of work but it's only way for now unless someone jump in with a solution that we do not know anything about.

Redeuxx, thanks for the TakeOut links - I didn't know that Google offered this facility...and it includes the original data uploaded to YouTube too!

Also, once you've downloaded your photos using Takeout, you can use one of the apps in Flickr's App Garden to mass upload them to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/services/

Redeuxx, thanks for the TakeOut links - I didn't know that Google offered this facility...and it includes the original data uploaded to YouTube too!

Not a problem, every service out there should have something like Takeout.

Hi, I am just wondering if there is still any better way to do it without going throught my compute. 

Downloading 100GB of Photos from my 4M connection and uploading 100GB from a 512Kbps upload isn't going to fun.

Neowinian,

I have an idea to REALLY speed up the transfer. It will cost you a few dollars, but will reduce the time spent by MANY orders of magnitude.

Create an account in Amazon AWS (Amazon Web Services) and launch and EC2 Instance with Windows (be careful, you pay a few cents for each hour the instance is on). This is basically a Windows PC that's hosted inside Amazon's Data Center and thus it has a REALLY hardcore connection. You'll need a couple of hours to understand the process if you're not a techie, but once you log in to your new machine, it will function exactly as it would if the machine were sitting on your table.

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/

Anyway... once logged in, just make the process of downloading and uploading (following the nice tips above) using just the EC2 machine. No data will be moved to or from your real computer. By the way, make sure you select an instance (machine) with more than 150GB of EBS storage (disk), so that you can store the photos while you move them.

Oh, DO NOT forget to destroy the instance after you're done with it. Otherwise, you keep paying for it forever!

Good luck!

Cheers.

Ruy