Nook Color? - Need advice for buying cheap used tablet

Hi,

I want to buy a cheap used tablet for reading books, basic web browsing, reading news and magazines, streaming YouTube @320kbps, watching videos every once in a while.

I noticed a lot of Nook Color' in good condition going for $60 on Ebay. I plan to root the device once I get it.

The other option I had in mind was Amazon Kindle Fire, I'm using my brother's right now but I didn't like the build quality so much and the lack of memory card expansion slot is a minus in my books.

I also searched on Amazon for sub-70 tablets and there are a bunch of options but not exactly sure which ones are good.

With the kind of usage I have, are there any other worthy alternatives to the Nook Color in that price point? Also how is the Nook Color (rooted) over the Kindle Fire? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sibot

Just picked up a refurb Nook Tablet from Amazon for $65. Will post back when it gets shipped.

Difference between Nook Color and Nook Tablet - faster processor and 1GB RAM in the latter as compared to the Nook Color.

I had a Nexus 7, bought one when they first came out. It was a pretty good device, but the screen was very flimsy. Mine broke and fortunately I had it insured from Square Trade. There were numerous other cases of the screen breaking while the tablet was lying on the table.

• Like 1