Audi vs. BMW Billboard War

Haha, "The entirely new Audi A4". Lmao, what's new about it? The current generation A4 started in 2008, and has gone minor facelifts. BMW just introduced the new generation of 3 series starting in 2012. 

Haha, "The entirely new Audi A4". Lmao, what's new about it? The current generation A4 started in 2008, and has gone minor facelifts. BMW just introduced the new generation of 3 series starting in 2012. 

BMWs have all looked basically the same forever, but that Audi basically looks like a junker Passat with an Audi badge, so I'd definitely take the Beamer over it.  Not much excitement in either brand though.

Yea, I still prefer Audi. Living in Germany for 10 years and seeing all the Cech immigrants driving only BMW's and most German's making the kind comments you here in the US when a "gangster" ride rolls by. Now, every time I see a BMW, I just think cheap reject trash. Plus, it has become the "Me too" brand right next to owning a Mustang or Camero.

Just realized something. These images aren't even real. The first two images seem plausible. Audi posts the your move image, with BMW posting the checkmate image. The third picture shows the "chess, not thanks image on the same billboard. If you look at the details surrounding it, specially the ad with what looks like a boys face to the lower right. Now look at the final image we are presented with. It shows the response of Audi as well as BMW's final response with the balloon. Now look at that image in the left side. The original billboard is still there, you know, the one that was replaced with the "Chess no thanks" message. While amusing, this is not real unfortunately. Wouldn't it be great if it was though.

Yeah, I believe the first two are real. And old, these pics have been floating around for a long time. After the first two I think the rest are all faked though.

I had a 335 for a little while and it was an amazing car. BMW definitely knows how to build a driver's car, and that's what I like the most about them. Styling is hit and miss, but if you want some real styling, look at the Audi S5. That car is probably one of the best looking cars I've ever seen.

BMWs have all looked basically the same forever, but that Audi basically looks like a junker Passat with an Audi badge, so I'd definitely take the Beamer over it.  Not much excitement in either brand though.

Eh, I don't know if BMW's basically all look the same forever. There are some minor styling cue changes - not the prettiest cars, but functional. Porsche 911 design pretty much hasn't changed either, but it works for the car and they're still amazing cars. I don't know - BMW/Mercedes are more exciting to me, their performance divisions are actually making supercar territory cars. The new E63 AMG's 0-60 is rated for 3.5s, and is a very fun car. Audi is as exciting as a slice of bread, but most of their cars do look nice on the exterior. 

Yeah, I believe the first two are real. And old, these pics have been floating around for a long time. After the first two I think the rest are all faked though.

I had a 335 for a little while and it was an amazing car. BMW definitely knows how to build a driver's car, and that's what I like the most about them. Styling is hit and miss, but if you want some real styling, look at the Audi S5. That car is probably one of the best looking cars I've ever seen.

I <3 my S5 :-)

Mine's a 2011 (pre-facelift, when it was a V8). Nowadays it's the RS5 that has me drooling when I see one.

I <3 my S5 :-)

Mine's a 2011 (pre-facelift, when it was a V8). Nowadays it's the RS5 that has me drooling when I see one.

Hmm... I knew they had redesigned somewhat at some point, but I had never really looked into it. Can't say I see much difference at a quick glance other than different headlights. Probably for the better though, it was just fine like it was.

Eh, I don't know if BMW's basically all look the same forever. There are some minor styling cue changes - not the prettiest cars, but functional. Porsche 911 design pretty much hasn't changed either, but it works for the car and they're still amazing cars. I don't know - BMW/Mercedes are more exciting to me, their performance divisions are actually making supercar territory cars. The new E63 AMG's 0-60 is rated for 3.5s, and is a very fun car. Audi is as exciting as a slice of bread, but most of their cars do look nice on the exterior. 

Yep Porsche is another one that doesn't change much.  Those few companies seem to be all about brand recognition rather than pushing out fresh designs, which is fine.  

The Germans definitely know how to make a powerful engine, but their reliability is always super iffy.  Again this year both BMW and Audi have many models that are below average reliability.  Because of that, I'll most likely keep my money in Japanese brands.