USB switch, to use 1 kb on 2 pcs, do they exist?

I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo with a small usb receiver.  I know KVM's exist, but is there a simpler usb switch, that has one or more inputs and two outputs?  I'm using a desktop PC, and at the same time trying out various linux distros on a little netbook beside me.  I'd like to use my wireless keyboard/mouse receiver on both without switching usb ports every time.

do a search for a KVM Switch.

lol did you not read my post?  I know about KVMs, they are pricey.  I want to know if it is possible to switch USBs, I might try to make one.

I made one, all you need really is a double pole slide switch, 2 diodes and 3 USB connectors they just switch the USB DATA- and DATA+ over from one to the other, due to differences in PCBs and PSUs it's probably best to put the diodes on the +5 lines too or get a bigger switch and put it on there too.

lol did you not read my post?  I know about KVMs, they are pricey.  I want to know if it is possible to switch USBs, I might try to make one.

What do you call pricey?  A 2 port KVM runs around $20

I made one, all you need really is a double pole slide switch, 2 diodes and 3 USB connectors they just switch the USB DATA- and DATA+ over from one to the other, due to differences in PCBs and PSUs it's probably best to put the diodes on the +5 lines too or get a bigger switch and put it on there too.

thanks! what are the diodes for?

I use this and it works well (occasionally my mouse needs to be unplugged and replugged, but that is the only con).

I went this route as I had no need whatsoever for the V portion of the expensive KVM options.

I use this and it works well (occasionally my mouse needs to be unplugged and replugged, but that is the only con).

I went this route as I had no need whatsoever for the V portion of the expensive KVM options.

$25 lol.  I'll make my own, but thanks, good to know they exist.  I do not have $25 to spend, but I do have dozens of switches, project boxes, USB extension cables, hundreds of diodes, and many feet of wire.  

$25 lol.  I'll make my own, but thanks, good to know they exist.  I do not have $25 to spend, but I do have dozens of switches, project boxes, USB extension cables, hundreds of diodes, and many feet of wire.  

I fail to see the comedy. If you wanted to make one you should have asked how to make one...

But carry on :)

You don't have $25 to spare yet you can run multiple computers?

Personally if my finances were that dire I'd sell one of the computer systems...

The diodes were to stop the +5v rails of each host going into the other but it lowers the +5v to +4.3v so it might not power your keyboard. As said though if you get a 3 wire switch you can just feed the 5v line through that and link the grounds.