Andrew Garfield Hints At End Of Spider-Man Tenure After 2018

Speaking with USA Today, actor Andrew Garfield conveyed a desire to one day be able to go to a movie theater and watch a Spider-Man movie without seeing himself in it, citing his love of the Tobey Maguire trilogy. Garfield's reportedly a little conflicted about the third and fourth installments in "The Amazing Spider-Man" trilogy which are currently slated for release in 2016 and 2018 respectively. Said Garfield, "They might ask me back for No. 3, that would be very nice. As far as a No. 4 goes? I will be I think 40 years old at that point. So I don't know whether it would be appropriate [to do another film]." Of course he's joking, when the fourth film hits theaters in 2018, Garfield will be 34, going on 35. Yet, at the time of the fourth installment's release, he'll be two years older than Maguire was at the time of "Spider-Man 3's" theatrical debut. Continued Andrew, "The opportunity to step into the suit and step into his shoes is one I relish but it's a mixed bag. I do cherish it, it is a true dream come true, but when the dream becomes a reality, we all know what reality is. Reality is good and bad, reality is flowers and a gravestone. You can't just have the flowers."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=83714

• 3 weeks later...