DC animated movies are simply fantastic. The BEST, imo, are Flashpoint Paradox and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Although Batman: Under the Red Hood and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse get an honorable mention.

^I had already posted that trailer on the previous page, haha. And yeah, DC Animated Movies are awesome. Even the "Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam" Showcase is worth watching!

I like most of DC's animated films but damn.. the voice acting in that trailer was abysmal. I really wished they'd use the same voice actors in previous animated films. Also, the animation quality seems inferior to Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.

I've seen a few of these. The Dark Knight Returns was great but considering it's almost a 1:1 adaptation of the comic it was hard to screw it up. The Flashpoint Paradox was also really good (I mean, hard to beat gun-toting lunatic Batman), but the other Justice League one I saw (Doom) reminded me of what's wrong with these mashups -- almost everything. Just too many heroes with too many powers and almost unlimited possibilities. Even in The Flashpoint Paradox, Flash single-handedly alters the entire universe, so once you set a precedent like that, it ruins the entire thing, mostly because almost everyone showing up in these has done something similar or has the possibility to. They can be too ridiculous even when I'm fully aware I'm watching a cartoon. But I'm willing to give this one a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

When the powerful Darkseid and his massive, relentless forces invade Earth, a group of previously unaligned super heroes ? misunderstood and, in some cases, hunted by the authorities ? discover the only way to fend off the attack will be to work together as a cohesive unit. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Shazam and, in his origin story, Cyborg combine their respective talents in an all-out battle to save the planet.

The film features a stellar voice cast: Jason O?Mara (Terra Nova) as Batman, Justin Kirk (Weeds) as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds) as Cyborg, Michelle Monaghan (Source Code) as Wonder Woman, Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs) as Flash, Alan Tudyk (Firefly) as Superman, Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings) as Shazam, and Rocky Carroll (NCIS) as Silas Stone, Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, The Legend of Korra) as Darkseid and Bruce Thomas (Legally Blonde) as Desaad.

The Blu-Ray will also boast several interesting looking bonus features:

-Featurette ? Deconstructing Justice League: War - Part commentary, part documentary, director Jay Oliva teams up with artist Jim Lee as they compare and contrast the comic-to-screen process of some of the most memorable moments in the film.

-Featurette ? Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee - This documentary film explores the work of master artist Jim Lee, from his early days to his current position as co-Publisher of DC Entertainment and his comic collaboration with Geoff Johns.

-Making Of ? Justice League: War Act D - From animatic to pencil test, the final stanza of the film.

-A Sneak Peak at Son of Batman - An advance look into the next DCU Animated Original Movie with the creators and cast.

-From the DC/Warner Bros. Animation Vault - 4 Bonus Cartoons.

Justice League: War will be available on Blu-Ray and DVD February 4, 2014.

x

I want that Blu-Ray for the Making Of, Jim Lee's documentary and the sneak peak at Son of Batman alone!

The animation looks top notch!

Well I saw it today, it was good overall though the characters personalities aren't what I'm used to.

WW has that clueless just off the boat thing going for example.

I've watched it the other day and I thought it was pretty awesome. Not as awesome as the comic-book version though! And I was annoyed by how dumb they made Wonder Woman. As if she just got out of a cave after having lived in it for years. And the way Wonder Woman and Superman first met up underneath that plane, they kinda looked like 2 monkeys or cavemen rather. And I wish Cyborg looked a bit more like his comic-book counterpart.

The animation of the film was pretty great though and Darkseid's voice was fitting to such a being. Batman's moves were pretty awesome too, the way he fought Superman and whatnot. Definitely looking forward to "Son of Batman"!

I'd say the superman and wonder women interactions and "pairing" felt forced. Besides supermans personality in this was too arrogant I felt, not the type I'm used to seeing him have.

agreed, the animation was brilliant but some of the characters where a bit off, for instance:

When batman is fighting Desaad he has the opportunity to kill him and be done with it, but Desaad says you wouldn't...but how would he know, they set batman as being new to the crime fighting scene & Desaad just helped in killing thousands, if not millions... so he should presume batman would kill him

I liked it overall though :)

Well I saw it today, it was good overall though the characters personalities aren't what I'm used to.

Post Credit Scene Hints At Next Story Line To Be Adapted

1390573995.jpg

The scene shows a vessel rising from the water filled with dead sea life. The vessel which has been damaged by Darkseid's attack on Earth is carrying the brother of Aquaman- Orm (Ocean Master) holding the dead body of an old man. Then speaking the line "The Surface Dwellers have killed our king. This is an act of war. And they will pay."

The scene seems to heavily hint at an adaptation of the "Throne of Atlantis" storyline that crossed over the Justice League and Aquaman comics last year,and when asked if "Throne of Atlantis" would be a future DC animated film, Warner Bros. replied: "You'll see a movie with Atlantis in the title."

I'm all for more DC animated movies, it'd be nice if they started to connect them as well as a line of sequels or at least having them take place in the same universe.

An adaptation of "Throne of Atlantis" would be awesome! The part where Superman yelled "Atlanteans! Retreat!" was epic. I hope they'll leave that part in.