Buying a new laptop; recommendations please?

Hi Guys,

I'm buying a laptop asap, I've been looking at various models, however unable to select one, it has to be an intel core i7 processor and have a 17" screen too, i want it to be future proof as possible, fantastic if it has a bluray drive also.

Which ones would you recommend? anywhere between ?750-?1100

Thank you, any help is much appreciated! :)

What are you going to do with it? if you need an i7, I'm guessing you'd be doing autocad or something. Lenovo Thinkpads are solid beasts.

What are you going to do with it? if you need an i7, I'm guessing you'd be doing autocad or something. Lenovo Thinkpads are solid beasts.

Nothing like autocad, a bit of gaming really, nothing too much, want it to last ages though, do the thinkpads come in 17"? I can't seem to find any.

For that amount, maybe a second hand eurocom panther might suit you.

what is that? can't seem to find any on ebay, not really sure about second hand though as need it to be future proof so not too old. 

How about this one? (Has WIndows 8 though, not sure if your against that.)

http://www.ebuyer.com/452699-samsung-550p7c-laptop-np550p7c-s05uk

Edit: Corrected link,

yeah that looks good, I'm looking at buying that now unless I can find something better :)

what is that? can't seem to find any on ebay, not really sure about second hand though as need it to be future proof so not too old. 

http://web.eurocom.com/ec/ec_model_config1(1,224,0)

The links have a habit of expiring, they are futureproof

If this link doesn't work, I recommend google search for eurocom panther

They are uber expensive which is why I recommended a used one, they do pop up on amazon and ebat from time to time, (I cannot verify this on other sites as those 2 are the only 2 shopping sites I use)

Nothing like autocad, a bit of gaming really, nothing too much, want it to last ages though, do the thinkpads come in 17"? I can't seem to find any.

An i5 can last as long as a i7. If you are just gaming and internet browsing, you don't need a i7, you can save that money and go for a more powerful GPU.

And if you need a large screen, you can always add on an external monitor.