George Zimmerman rescued man from truck crash

None of that bears any relation to the events that night. Martin had done nothing wrong and yet was being pursued because of the colour of his skin.

It depends entirely on the circumstances. Sometimes it's very difficult to get away or make an emergency call. Sometimes the best defence is a good offence  BULL ######...YOU NEVER ATTACK FIRST unless you are backed into a corner...Trayvon was not - incapacitate the aggressor and then make a run for it. Sometimes people panic, especially when we're talking about a kid being chased by a much larger, stronger and armed man. And we don't have Martin's account to determine what actually happened, as for all we know it could have been Zimmerman that attacked first.  LET IT GO, MAN.  IT'S OVER.   Deadly force should be an absolute last resort. It frustrates me that human life is treated with so little regard in the United States.

I think you need to take a self-defense class because you are wrong. 

None of that bears any relation to the events that night. Martin had done nothing wrong and yet was being pursued because of the colour of his skin.

Bold claim, no evidence. Nice one.

There is nothing saying that Zimmerman is a bad person, sure he had a few bad incidents earlier in life, but I think he genuinely cared about his neighborhood. I'm tired of hearing the race card with this case. Zimmerman profiled the kid based on information about the recent events in his neighborhood. Lets say there had been a rash of break ins by white hooded kids, and Trevon was white Zimmerman still would  have profiled him based on previous events. He was just doing his job. Trevon I still think was a good kid, just going through typical high school crap. I don't know why people are so surprised about how he dressed and his drug use, isn't this pretty typical of high school kids. I still think though that there is something missing from the Zimmerman/Trevon case as far as Trevon jumping Zimmerman.  I still don't think Trevon would have just up and started fighting Zimmerman for following him, something else had to have set him off. 

Bold claim, no evidence. Nice one.

The burden of proof is on you. There is no evidence that Martin had committed any crimes that night, while Zimmerman had a history of racial profiling.

The burden of proof is on you. There is no evidence that Martin had committed any crimes that night, while Zimmerman had a history of racial profiling.

So a neighborhood is being constantly robbed and when the head of neighbor hood watch spots a kid who is acting suspicious and trespassing, he only goes after him because of his race?

Ok then, you live in your bubble. I'm not bothering with you anymore. People who draw the race card are just as bad as the people who are actually genuinely racist. So people like you.

Another story, there was a murder in my area which involved two youths with guns which was quite wild west. Literally, stood on the street pointing guns at each other. One got fatally shot, the other one done for murder. There was a mass of tributes, everyone saying how much of a good/normal kid he was, alot of mourning towards the guy who got shot. If it wasn't him who got it was the other kid, and the tables would of been turned. Take a brain cell and think about that, and apply it to this case.

Imagine if Zimmerman got shot.

He did?

Haven't you beat that scape-goat to death by now?  :rolleyes:

Can we just quote posts by Boz and Doc over and over until this thread is locked due to threefold repetion rule like in chess? Seems like less of a hassle that way.

yea, this is nothing but trolling now...  the racist people who keep thinking that this incident had anything to do with race will never accept anything else.

funny how the people that are saying that it had nothing to do with race are the one's being called racist....

Read my post in the other Zimmerman thread.. you'll understand.. 

Yes we are on the same side.. at least on this issue but I have come to realize that I've been wrong about many things and after this event I've seen how insane liberals really are.. not to mention the amount of racial rage and other things that have no connection with reality.. it opened my eyes in understanding the conservative points..and I actually realized that they are actually mostly right and finally see the danger of this type liberal lunacy.. 

This is completely nuts what they are doing.

What is it to understand actually ???

I think the events are fairly clear. They have been from the beginning. Zimmerman was an armed neighbourhood watch volunteer. He saw what he tought was a suspicious late teen. He called 911 and followed the teen. The late teen confronted him and a fight followed. Zimmerman loosing the fight "defended" himself and shot the kid.

You either agree with someone using a gun in a fist fight outside his private property or you don't. I personally don't and nothing conservative people will say will make me change my stance on that. You either agree with untrained people trying to do cops job or you don't. I personally don't. I don't understand why people want to make this a racial issue. This has nothing to do with race or drugs use.

What is it to understand actually ???

I think the events are fairly clear. They have been from the beginning. Zimmerman was an armed neighbourhood watch volunteer. He saw what he tought was a suspicious late teen. He called 911 and followed the teen. The late teen confronted him and a fight followed. Zimmerman loosing the fight "defended" himself and shot the kid.

You either agree with someone using a gun in a fist fight outside his private property or you don't. I personally don't and nothing conservative people will say will make me change my stance on that. You either agree with untrained people trying to do cops job or you don't. I personally don't. I don't understand why people want to make this a racial issue. This has nothing to do with race or drugs use.

Because the media and civil rights activists made it one.  

Am I wrong but I thought trespassing was a crime...

Indeed it is. As is jumping someone and beating their head into the ground after they have stopped pursuit and are returning to their vehicle.

the racist people who keep thinking that this incident had anything to do with race will never accept anything else.

That's a classic case of projection - the racists pretend that those making the accusations of racism are the actual racists. It's one thing to maintain that race was not an factor in this case?and I'm willing to consider that position?but it's another entirely to claim that those suggesting race was an issue are in fact racist themselves. That's a logical leap.

It is a civil offence, not a criminal one.

That's a classic case of projection - the racists pretend that those making the accusations of racism are the actual racists. It's one thing to maintain that race was not an factor in this case?and I'm willing to consider that position?but it's another entirely to claim that those suggesting race was an issue are in fact racist themselves. That's a logical leap.

It is a civil offence, not a criminal one.

So you are an expert in American law now?  Good to know.

....but it's another entirely to claim that those suggesting race was an issue are in fact racist themselves. That's a logical leap.

No it's not, just take a look at Jesse Jackson's comments. 

I thought it was a misdemeanor...

You appear to be correct. I had done a brief Google search but I had difficulty finding information specific to the US and all the information suggested it was a civil offence like the UK.

So you are an expert in American law now?  Good to know.

I will not respond to you any further. You are only interested in baiting me rather than discussing the issues.

It's the thuggish ruggish bone...

What if the manner in which they dress, walk, and talk is deeply rooted in their culture and has nothing to do with criminality?

Is it possible that it's the others who are being judgemental and intolerable of these differences?

It doesn't matter.. then there's something wrong with your culture and if you don't want every black man to be profiled as a criminal because it's part of your "culture" then change something about it.

Looking like a thug, creating song like "Cap a cop", glorifying criminal behavior and being anti-establishment is a DANGEROUS "culture" to have.

Pick a different culture because the way they behave is NOT normal.

And again, you are entirely free to have that culture.. but then don't go around saying how you are oppressed when any normal person when they see a black man dressed like a thug or remotely suspicious (like wearing a hoodie that covers their faces at night, moving between houses, over people's lawns and looking around like a drugged up person) will be scared.. It's not racial.. it's rational fear. Just like a woman who knows that in her neighborhood there's a rapist who is white wearing a hoodie will be scared sh**less from any white guy with a hoodie.. she's not racist, she's afraid because she has reason to be.

You can't have it both ways.

The point is.. the reason why blacks are being profiled as criminals is because current black culture and a lot of black youth are either in gangs or enjoy the "gangsta"/thug look and behavior..

And when you do that, well, I'm sorry, it's not racism that's at work here.. it's common freakin' sense

You don't have to look any further than BET and other channels, music, rap lyrics and even movies contribute to see where that whole thug look/I wanna money but I don't want to work for it because black folks (not black folks today) were oppressed 200 years ago and where that attitude comes from. 

And since it's actually HARD to work for your life and make money, quite a few black folks in this country think indeed they are entitled to free money. That's what's really keeping them in poverty and creating uncontrollable criminal behavior among young black men (this is not racist thing it's statistics). Those who want to rise above it, make money, make careers, finish schools can do so like everyone else. There are millions of african americans in this country who are lawyers, rich, successful people.. How is it that they can make something out of themselves and other black folks can't? I'll tell you why, entitlement and laziness vs hard work and education. This is not just a black thing though, but I'm just giving you an example on why this whole "racism" crap and "white oppression" thing is complete and utter BS!

Are there some folks that still racially profile people because they themselves are racists.. ABSOLUTELY.. but that number is so small that those folks can't really do anything to hurt the black folks or to oppress them.. they are just *******s. And btw, those same racists hate not only blacks but asians, hispanics and anyone who's really not completely white.. so it's not an anti-black thing by itself.

But if you look closely, the animosity that blacks have towards whites, the racism in their community and how they are completely intolerant of white folks regardless of whether people are nice to them or not is what's REALLY racist in this country. Not only that, but from everything I have seen, there's more racism between a black person and another black person going if they marry a white person or simply decide to work for a living in a normal company or whatever, than anyone else.. they are being told they "sold out", they are white slaves etc etc.. It's disgusting.

You appear to be correct. I had done a brief Google search but I had difficulty finding information specific to the US and all the information suggested it was a civil offence like the UK.

I will not respond to you any further. You are only interested in baiting me rather than discussing the issues.

What issue(s) is there to discuss?  Zimmerman pulled a guy from a wreck.  That's a good-guy, selfless act.  End of story.

The previous court case has ZERO bearing on this story.

There are a few things I want to say:

1) From what I have gathered throughout my life, the black culture (Afro-American, Caribbean) is very much like the Mediterranean or Caucasian (mountains) culture in a sense that despite all the macho thing (think alpha-male type Greek, Italian, Spanish, or Georgian men) it is actually being ruled by the women. The reasons are different, but in this case, it's because a big chunk of their men is either in prison or dead (why? i address this in point number three).

So, the thuggish element can be broken down into two pieces:

a) defining womens' authority that they have at home;

b) defining the law because it's a reflection of the slavery from the past which leads to point number two...

2) We are responsible for those who we have, for the lack of a better word, "domesticated". Your ancestors brought them to America as slaves, you have to deal with this now.

3) The reasons for criminal behaviour are entirely socio-economic: poverty, lack of income, and education. To imply that the African-Americans are more prone to the criminal behaviour is pretty racist imho. I know your stats (inmate ethnicity) back it up, but you have to consider that maybe, it's because they were denied opportunities and weren't treated as equals for a long time.

Even when Zimmerman does a good deed he can't seem to win.

You can't win against a multitude of racist black people. They'll complain about "slavery" and "oppression" until the cows come home. We saw during the case the complaints about a biased and fixed legal system while simultaneously the same people demanded for a conviction regardless of evidence. "He must have done it" was good enough apparently. When that didn't work many resorted to threats, vandalism and violence. How enlightened. Not much mention that black people themselves are usually the architects of their own problems. It's a victimhood complex to be wheeled out at every opportunity. Blame everyone else.

People need to call out this BS when they see it.

There are a few things I want to say:

1) From what I have gathered throughout my life, the black culture (Afro-American, Caribbean) is very much like the Mediterranean or Caucasian culture in a sense that despite all the macho thing (think alpha-male type Greek, Italian, Spanish, or Georgian men) it is actually being ruled by the women. The reasons are different, but in this case, it's because a big chunk of their men is either in prison or dead.

So, the thuggish element can be broken down into two pieces:

a) defining womens' authority that they have at home;

b) defining the law because it's a reflection of the slavery from the past which leads to point number two...

2) We are responsible for those who we have, for the lack of a better word, "domesticated". Your ancestors brought them to America as slaves, you have to deal with this now.

3) The reasons for criminal behaviour are entirely socio-economic: poverty, lack of income, and education. To imply that the African-Americans are more prone to the criminal behaviour is pretty racists imho. I know your stats (inmate ethnicity) back it up, but you have to consider that maybe, it's because they were denied opportunities and weren't treated as equals for a long time.

First of all I absolutely didn't imply that african americans are prone to criminal behavior.. actually quite the contrary.. they have the capacity and all the conditions not to behave this way.. there are millions of african americans in this country who are clearly well educated, have good jobs and lead a normal life and actually aren't really profiled at all because they just look as any decent human being. 

African Americans today are NOT denied opportunities.. they choose not to go after them.. they feel entitled that they should get money from the government because of things that happened 100-200 years ago.. Not a single younger african american person living today even has an idea of what "slavery" or exploitation really is. They live in the freakin' United States of America.. go to Africa, or India or China to see what's exploitation. 

Actually, minorities, black folks have FORCED opportunities due to white guilt. Companies are forced to employ a certain number of blacks despite there may be candidates who are smarter and better educated, schools and colleges have to also admit a person of color even though they simply don't deserve it and there's a white person who went through their life sweating blood to get an opportunity to get into that college or school..

I know quite a few african americans who are successful and make good money. Nobody prevented them.. the bottom line is this.. IF YOU WANT to make something out of yourself, no matter your color, ethnicity, nationality/background you can do so in America..

I am a proof of that as well. 

To keep going on about this "white oppression" BS is disgusting to be honest. 

• Like 2

He must have been "stalking" this driver when he came across the crash and acting like a "wannabe fire fighter" when he pulled the man out.

More like he caused the accident in the first place just so he could be the first responder... duh...