Nas Drive

Hi all Looking for some help I have 2 network ports (wired) is there anyway to use one just for the nas drive or does it have to go thought the router

I no  if it is pos then only the pc would see it

So you have 2 ethernet ports on your PC, and you want to connect your nas drive to 1 vs connecting it to the router/switch and you want to know if the rest of the network will see it?

You could bridge your interfaces to allow for that - but I would NOT suggest it.. Just connect it to the router, or if router is far away just get a switch you can connect your pc and nas too and then connect the switch to the routers lan ports.

If you bridge your interfaces your pc has to be on to allow access to the nas, your going to be sending all traffic that is to and from the nas through your pc router connection - which depending on what your doing could drastically hinder your pc speed to the internet, etc. etc.

If all you want to do is have your PC see it, then sure - and NO you don't need a cross over, unless your nas and pc only have 10/100 interfaces. Gig or 10/100/1000 interfaces will auto crossover, only 1 device for the connection needs to have gig. A gig interface will autocross even if only doing 10/100 speeds, etc.

Again - if either of your ports, PC or your NAS is a Gig port (10/100/1000) then you DO NOT need a cross over cable.. I would have to assume most NAS boxes would be gig.. 100mbit is like watching paint dry moving anything of size.