Google's Android & Chrome Breakfast

I wonder if Google had any notion of just how fast these things would sell...

They did a pretty good job anticipating demand for the Nexus 4.

:rofl:

Ok, figured out the issue with the choppy MKV/AVI/MP4 video when you cast a tab out in Chrome.  You need to lower the video quality a little and then it plays smooth.  Kinda hokey but it works...at least until an official/support way is developed.

Chromecast looks like it will replace xbmc and possibly plex / roku for me

How can it do that? My XBMC setup has over 300 movies and probably 2 dozen TV series. I can't see how Chromecast would replace that.

How can it do that? My XBMC setup has over 300 movies and probably 2 dozen TV series. I can't see how Chromecast would replace that.

Chromecast wont. But Smart TV is the next step in TV evolution. It's still not totally there but will be soon enough. In 10 years i'm sure all TV will come with wifi, bluetooth, internal memory, mobile cpu and gpu and a more than capable os probably based on Android.

It wouldn't really replace XBMC, but it could replace whatever you use to get XBMC to your TV if they add cast support to XBMC. Then you could just pick shows and movies on your laptop and have them play to your TV. Right now I have a computer hooked to each TV. I could replace them both with a Chromecast if I could stream everything from a laptop.

It wouldn't really replace XBMC, but it could replace whatever you use to get XBMC to your TV if they add cast support to XBMC. Then you could just pick shows and movies on your laptop and have them play to your TV. Right now I have a computer hooked to each TV. I could replace them both with a Chromecast if I could stream everything from a laptop.

Ah thank makes sense and is a pretty good idea. I personally like having an HTPC by my TV with XBMC because then I don't have to rely on a computer somewhere else in the house to be on. If I could stream right from my NAS to the Chromecast then that would be sweet!