Microsoft Is The Cancer Killing Nokia

Not that easy/doesn't work, see HTC.

ah you're right, i forgot about the Android GPL-ness.

If Nokia incorporate some feature from Android into its own WP, Nokia by law are required to make the WP open source,

very unlikely to happen unless MSFT okay with it which of course almost impossible to happens.

If Nokia incorporate some feature from Android into its own WP, Nokia by law are required to make the WP open source,

very unlikely to happen unless MSFT okay with it which of course almost impossible to happens.

Not really.

Most of Android is Apache licensed.  Kernel aside, very little is GPL.

People stopped buying Symbian, that's the reason Nokia stopped making them.

Not everybody, I've been thinking of selling my S3 for a while now and going back to using my old N8, but that's partly because the novelty of trying out android has worn off, and partly because I miss

symbian, but like I said, I'm in a minority of users who do miss it

WTF? :blink:

Not everybody, I've been thinking of selling my S3 for a while now and going back to using my old N8, but that's partly because the novelty of trying out android has worn off, and partly because I miss

symbian, but like I said, I'm in a minority of users who do miss it

As you said, there is always a minority but Nokia needs more than that to survive. :)

Well, Nokia is holding up their end of things, releasing some great phones. The holdup is Windows. The ecosystem is still seriously lacking in popular apps and will probably never reach the iOS and Android level. I'm not sure what Nokia's options are right now, but they need more that Microsoft.

Well, Nokia is holding up their end of things, releasing some great phones. The holdup is Windows. The ecosystem is still seriously lacking in popular apps and will probably never reach the iOS and Android level. I'm not sure what Nokia's options are right now, but they need more that Microsoft.

It doesn't need to reach the app count on either, it just needs the apps you need. 99% of the apps on those stores are junk. app count is a useless metric. 

Asha is their dumbphone OS.  And yes, they're still making it. 

They're still making new Asha low end smart phones. 

It doesn't need to reach the app count on either, it just needs the apps you need. 99% of the apps on those stores are junk. app count is a useless metric. 

By all accounts that's the problem, Windows doesn't have the apps people need.