Nokia Lumia 925 Review

My wife's is definitely blue.  Maybe a production issue? (I was looking at the link again and noticed the one in the title video is purple.  Odd.)

I'm glad you mentioned that because some of the first video reviews I saw the phone definitely looked more blue than purple... thus my disappointment when I saw one in person. I'm with you... probably a production issue

Actually mate, its substantially different. Your case clearly wraps around more, almost entirely covering the aluminium edges. You can tell by the buttons in your photo.

You're absolutely correct, my case wraps around the sides obscuring the silver, aluminum binding (the top & bottom is exposed). I saw one of the charging backs in the Tmo store and they wanted $35 for that and another $60 for the station. I decided to hold off on the wireless charging for now... Instead, I went to Amazon and bought 4 different cases for $5-8 each just to try some different options.

I was in the store today and the 8X was purple as well.  Maybe only the 8GB models came in the true blue and the 16GB are the purple ones?  If so, thats right up there with the TMO shenanigans.