.net @msn.com passport won`t signin

Hey, I got an error when trying to sign on windows messenger with my @msn.com .net passport... I can sign with my @passport.com one (that isn`t a .net). I can`t take my email from outlook but not directly from the web site. The error I got from windows messenger is: "Signing in to .NET Messenger Service Failed because is the service is too busy. Please try again later" and on the hotmail.com web site: "Please Try Again Microsoft? .NET Passport was temporarily unable to complete your request. Please try again later." and BTW, I just got a msg telling me there is another version (not 4.6, another one).

Can you tell me what's not working?

I had the same problem this morning and yesterday morning. I could sign in with one account but not the other. The status page said they were having problems with some users login in but it's ok now. Messenger is down so often though it's pretty bad. IT's down more each week than icq has been in a couple of years.

Mike

This is actually a .NET Passport server authentication issue that cropped up over the weekend. Passport was on it immediately, and discovered the root cause of the problem. Passport released Passport 2.1 SP-1 this evening which included a fix for the issue. Unfortunately, the upgrade process introduced a few other issues..hence the continuing authentication problems. There is no estimated time of repair..but the .NET Server Status page does acknowledge the scattered difficulties.

Hopefully things will be running smoothly by morning Pacific Time.

Well, what can you expect from Microsoft. There MSN messenger sucks, so does there .net service. Can't get into either one so I decided to dump it and start using AOL's instant messenger...its a lot better too.

- Daniel

Originally posted by spyderman450

Well, what can you expect from Microsoft. There MSN messenger sucks, so does there .net service. Can't get into either one so I decided to dump it and start using AOL's instant messenger...its a lot better too.

- Daniel

Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..........! And you think AIM won't crash and be unavailable at times too?. Personally I hate AOL all toguether and I used to be a good follower of AOL.

Ask me why, well during the years I have convinced myself that AOL cannot get anything finished, every version of their software either messenger or their browser itself is full of bugs and slow as hell, ever since they took over Netscape it never had a decent release anymore, Ever since they took over Winamp it has delayed more than usual to come up with newever versions.

Now after 5 years using them with my own ISP, they also sent me a letter telling me they are starting to charge me $14 a month for using their service yeah right...........!

I will call them today and have my service cancelled, I have DSL with BellSouth , very good service and fast after all. No need for their crappy services and sky rocketed prices.

Just my two cents.

Ely