Kennedy assassination: Did the Secret Service agent do it?

Weeks before the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination this fall, a TV network will take another look at the killing in a docudrama that suggests a Secret Service agent accidentally fired one of the bullets that felled Kennedy.

ReelzChannel's "JFK: The Smoking Gun" is based on the work of retired Australian police Detective Colin McLaren and the book "Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK" by Bonar Menninger.

McLaren spent four years combing through evidence from Kennedy's death on Nov. 22, 1963, in Dallas. He and Menninger also relied on ballistics evidence from an earlier book by Howard Donahue.

The two-hour docudrama airs Nov. 3 in the U.S., Canada and Australia. It suggests that agent George Hickey fired one of the bullets that hit Kennedy. Hickey, who is now dead, was riding in the car behind Kennedy's limo that day.

"What we're saying is that we believe it was a tragic accident in the heat of that moment," McLaren told the Television Critics Association on Sunday.

When Lee Harvey Oswald fired his first shot, McLaren said Hickey responded by trying to fire back on Oswald's position using his Secret Service-issued rifle. But because he was inexperienced with the weapon and the car lurched forward, McLaren said the shot went awry and accidentally hit Kennedy, who was struck in the neck but quite possibly not fatally wounded by Oswald's second shot.

"We don't suggest that he was in any way involved in a conspiracy," McLaren said of Hickey.

The Warren Commission report in the 1960s concluded that Oswald was the lone gunman in officially explaining the assassination.

And here's what Hickey said happened:

'At the end of the last report I reached to the bottom of the car and picked up the AR 15 rifle, cocked and loaded it, and turned to the rear.

'At this point the cars were passing under the over-pass and as a result we had left the scene of the shooting. I kept the AR 15 rifle ready as we proceeded at a high rate of speed to the hospital.'

After Menninger's book was published in 1992 ?  making a similar claim about Hickey ? he sued Menninger in 1995. But a judge ruled that the statute of limitations had run out.

The show's producers say that advances in forensic science and documents released during the Clinton administration have added credibility to Menninger's theory.

"Our documentary is going to be the only one that has opened the case forensically and looked at the evidence from the beginning and examined everything that happened that day in Dealey Plaza," Michael Prupas, the film's executive director, said, according to the Huffington Post.

more

I suspected it was FBI agent asked Oswald to killed JFK. Oswald was innocent, because he said, "I don't do it, and they set me up." before he died by someone shot him.

^ Oswald was sitting in the 2nd floor lunch room at the time of the assassination.

There were 4 shooters firing at JFK.

In case of failure to get Kennedy at Dealey Plaza, they had a second team to try again at the Trademart.

What bothers me is, we as of now never have had an honest explanation as to why our president was killed. the names are still sealed as far as I know. This leads me to believe something shady was going on.

Oswald didn't do it. I honestly believe that because world class marksmen have never been able to take all the shots that were said to have been taken

There were several reasons the powers that be, wanted Kennedy out of the way.

But what started the conspiracy rolling, is the near atomic war that JFK brought us close to in October 1962.

The Military were afraid that it might happen again.

They knew JFK was a popular president, and was unlikely to be voted out of office.

Assassination was seen as the only option.

J.F. Kennedy was the last real president of the United States who was succeeded by mere figure-heads, actors, and teleprompter readers.

But what started the conspiracy rolling, is the near atomic war that JFK brought us close to in October 1962.

The Military were afraid that it might happen again.

JFK handled the Cuban Missile Crisis the way it should have been handled considering the U.S. geopolitical interests. He acted in unison with the military.

One of the reasons he was assassinated was precisely because of the thaw with the S.U. that followed the Cuban crisis because this very military was interested in the perpetual war, not the peace or peaceful coexistence with the Soviet Union.

JFK also tried to reinstate the real U.S. dollar which went against the agenda of the judeo-masonic beneficiaries of the Federal Reserve.

19635USNote.jpg

Notice the red ink, a sign it was issued by the U.S. Treasury, and the marking "United States Note" (put back for the first time since 20-30's).

The dollars printed by the FED have green ink and bear "Federal Reserve Note" heading.

fr1962Cvarslabbed.jpg

• Like 2

I heard that JFK was in the Mafia before he was killed, apparently the assassination was a mob hit.  Don't know if that's true or not.

I heard that JFK was in the Mafia before he was killed, apparently the assassination was a mob hit.  Don't know if that's true or not.

He tried to fight the mafia which was on the verge of enslaving the nation through the debt and inflation. The FED is the pinnacle of this mafia which has captured the power in the U.S.

This is one of the only conspiracies where I don't know enough to really say there wasn't some hit ordered or Mafia doings or commies involved or whatever.

But the conspiracies are all so contradictory that they can't all be correct.

One minute it is the CIA

Next Mafia

Next Oswald took the shot, but he was a patsy used by group X

Next Oswald didn't take the shot, it was someone else, somewhere else.

The fact Oswald was shot so quickly after the assassination does raise a suspicion in me. If you just had the Pres. taken out by Oswald, you'd want to get rid of Oswald pretty quickly.

However, some people absolutely adored Kennedy, so it isn't entirely unreasonable to assume Ruby shot Oswald because he so ######in' hated what Oswald did.

I don't really know about some conspiracy (it's far more feasible than most ###### posted in this board) it is just more interesting.

I suspected it was FBI agent asked Oswald to killed JFK. Oswald was innocent, because he said, "I don't do it, and they set me up." before he died by someone shot him.

I'm Jesus, reincarnated on this Earth to save all you sinners from the devil.

Do you believe me?  No?  Why not?  I'm just as credible as Oswald...

Edgar J Hoover involved too. You have to watch those movie about Oswald, JFK, and others. be careful to study them. I knew that Oswald innocent. I remember one of that movie, his wife asked him who is that car? He answered her it was FBI.

Edgar J Hoover involved too. You have to watch those movie about Oswald, JFK, and others. be careful to study them. I knew that Oswald innocent. I remember one of that movie, his wife asked him who is that car? He answered her it was FBI.

Wait, are you talking about a movie or a documentary? One is factual, the other is far from it normally.

Notice the red ink, a sign it was issued by the U.S. Treasury, and the marking "United States Note" (put back for the first time since 20-30's).

The dollars printed by the FED have green ink and bear "Federal Reserve Note" heading.

All the red ink meant was it was redeemable for gold or silver... and since we went off the gold standard they stopped the red ink

Wait, are you talking about a movie or a documentary? One is factual, the other is far from it normally.

both of them. I will find info, but I am sorry that I don't remember...  where his wife interview with reporter about her husband at cafe or something.

All the red ink meant was it was redeemable for gold or silver... and since we went off the gold standard they stopped the red ink

The colour of the ink (and other markings) on the dollar bill distinguish the organization which financially backed those bills:

U.S. Treasury - red;

FED - green.

The gold standard was abolished in the aftermath of the Great Depression (1932-33). This red-ink U.S. Treasury-backed five-dollar United States Note was issued in 1963!

both of them. I will find info, but I am sorry that I don't remember...  where his wife interview with reporter about her husband at cafe or something.

Movies are not real, and documentaries almost always have a bias (especially if it's a conspiracy theory "documentary").

^ Do you even know what the word conspiracy means ?

Not all conspiracies are fictional.

When it comes to JFK, they bloody well are! There have been so many different conspiracy theories over the years, that they've even managed to completely confuse the truth as well as each other.

^ Do you even know what the word conspiracy means ?

Not all conspiracies are fictional.

Correct. However, the conspiracies which we know happened have evidence to prove that the conspiracy existed. 

Arguing that any conspiracy has validity because some conspiracies were exposed in absurd.

It's a shame that we'll never know for sure. 

Even if the 'truth' was released by the government, few would believe it.

The closest you will get in this life, has been posted in this thread. ;)

• Like 1