The Flash

nvbgpd.png

The Flash could be the latest comic book character to get his own TV series, according to US industry reports.

Deadline claims that The CW is preparing to announce plans for a series based around the popular DC character.

The report states that The Flash will be introduced in season two of Arrow before being given his own series.

Arrow staff Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter are all apparently working on the project.

The CW and Warner Bros have been attempting to expand on the DC brand recently, but plans for a Wonder Woman TV series have never got off the ground.

Arrow was one of The CW's biggest ratings successes of the 2012-13 season and was also a hit in the UK on Sky1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s206/arrow/news/a502558/the-flash-to-get-superhero-tv-series-potential-new-arrow-spinoff.html

I read about this too. I guess I rather see a film of Flash though.I'm expecting the CG for him running so fast will look awful just like CG on other series look less than CG in movies.

The report states that The Flash will be introduced in season two of Arrow before being given his own series.

The Flash I will watch. He's one of my favorite comic book characters. 

I read about this too. I guess I rather see a film of Flash though.I'm expecting the CG for him running so fast will look awful just like CG on other series look less than CG in movies.

Well it works well with Vampires in True Blood when they run, it doesn't look stupid

Well it works well with Vampires in True Blood when they run, it doesn't look stupid

Haven't seen that but I hope you're right :p It's cool that he'll be introduced in Arrow. As for which Flash they'll use, I'm sure they'll use Barry.

Also, I just read an article in which they wanted the series of The Flash and Arrow to be linked with the movies so that there's a huge cinematic universe. I'm not sure if I'd want that though. With Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D it works because that's specifically made for the TV. But with such big main characters... I don't know. I rather just see the series and movies as separate universes. They'd have to cast the same actors as the ones playing in the series as well. And I don't really see Stephen Amell playing along side of Henry Cavill in a Justice League movie.

What are the thoughts of you guys about this?

No they would certainly recast Arrow for a JL movie because Stephen Amell isn't an A lister Box Office draw which is sad really because he plays the part really well

They'd better give Peter a ring and ask him for the 60FPS gear or we'll be watching alleyways and sped up music like in the 90's show.

Yeah, that he does. That's exactly why it wouldn't work backwards either. Having the actors from the movies play their characters in the series. That's why I feel like they should keep the series and movies apart.

A few more updates have come along since then (via Deadline) including word that the character is set to appear in the 8th or 9th episode in the upcoming season of Arrow, and casting is expected to begin this week.

"Barry Allen?s story always has been a favorite of mine," Berlanti said, "as well as of Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns. We wanted everyone to know about the show as that process commenced. We think it fits well both in terms of Arrow and as a stand-alone series."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=107189

Barry Allen will first appear in episodes eight and nine of Arrow before returning in episode 20 for what has been described as a backdoor pilot for his own series. But what brings the character to Starling City in the first place? TV Line has the answer. "I?ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver?s orbit. The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother?s years-ago murder ? a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned." That's obviously extremely faithful to the comic book version of Barry Allen and the investigation could serve as a basis for The Flash's television series.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84679

That's indeed very faithful to the comic book version of him. That's good though!

Since they're going to use Barry Allen they'll have to use the ring as well. Otherwise they'd go all Superman on the Flash by making him go into alleyways to change his clothes :p I hope they'll just do it all justice GI wise. Either way though, I'm really intrigued by this and how they're going to set it up in Arrow season 2.

• 4 months later...

IRIS - 22-28 - African-American - As smart as she is beautiful, Iris is in grad school studying psychology. She's also Barry's mile a minute, fast-talking, quick-witted best friend. Her father, Detective West, took in Barry when his mother was murdered, and his father was wrongly accused and imprisoned for her murder. In a tough childhood for Barry, she was the one "not tough" thing. She's unaware of Barry's strong feelings for her.

DETECTIVE WEST - Late 40s to Early 50s - African American -Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who's seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother's murder and his father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry's efforts to prove his father's innocence.

Src

i am not certain how i would feel about another tv series with the flash. When i was a kid i absolutely loved the flash but after the last show they tried to make i am not sure i am ready for another one.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's THE FLASH Spin-Off Gonna Call? GHOSTBUSTERS' Ernie Hudson

DETECTIVE WEST ? Late 40s to Early 50s ? African American ? Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who?s seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother?s murder and his father?s imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry?s efforts to prove his father?s innocence.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91705

I wonder what that means for a possible Wally West character in the series. Like Growled said, it's shaping up nicely for sure though!

'Vibe' Set To Become A Regular Character In The CW's Take On The Flash?

bTlBxfJ.png

So far, we know that Iris West and her father will be supporting characters in the CW's The Flash series, but Moviehole claims that we should also expect to see Vibe in the David Nutter-directed pilot next year. It's believed that the hero could become a regular on the series should he prove to be popular enough, but there's currently no word on whether or not he will be portrayed with his powers. For those of you who don't know, Francisco "Cisco" Ramon stepped into a boom tube created by Darkseid, resulting in the death of his brother. However, the process left his body altered, allowing him to create not only seismic vibrations but also to be able to sense beings from other dimensions, even as small as an insect. This news really shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, especially as The Flash writer Geoff Johns has made it clear that he's a fan of the character, and writer/producer Andrew Kreisberg actually wrote Vibe's solo series.

x