The Flash

XzzqOJa.png

Bludhaven Banter, has so far been a good source for character descriptions for the upcoming The Flash television series. According to Bludhaven Banter, CW's Arrow spin-off will feature Barry Allen's time-traveling arch-nemesis Professor Zoom, aka Reverse-Flash.

In pilot episode for The Flash, there is a character called "Detective Eddie Thawne" which sounds a lot like Eobard Thawne, the name of Professor Zoom. Now, that's not a lot to go on, so I did some additional digging and it turns out that he may very well become the villain we all know and love. The description for the character states that he is "leading man handsome" (late 20s-early/mid 30s) and has recently transferred to Central City Police Department from Keystone. Thawne is set to be loved within the precinct and takes the credit for a lot of things that Barry can't. (We assume this'll mean he takes credit for some of The Flash's work, but that's just speculation on our part). However, the most intriguing part about this character is that his past will be a complete mystery. No one knows where he comes from, and he "harbors a dark secret."

x

I predicted Reverse Flash to be part of the series after Barry Allen told Oliver about what he saw when his mother got murdered. Though, it was a no-brainer really :p

The Flash I will watch. He's one of my favorite comic book characters. 

About freaking time some one does something with The Flash!

Always been my favorite hero!!

Hopefully, they don't use some pickle of an actor for the role.

So, arrow and now flash, guess we could see more till we fill out the JL maybe?   It would be cool if they'd have the same actors be in a future big budget movie to but I'm sure the studio will just find/use others.

So, arrow and now flash, guess we could see more till we fill out the JL maybe?   It would be cool if they'd have the same actors be in a future big budget movie to but I'm sure the studio will just find/use others.

Sadly they have said the DCU and the DCTU will never be the same

Sadly they have said the DCU and the DCTU will never be the same

Is that as far as using the same actors you mean?  It wasn't something I really expected in the end just that it would've been nice.   As far as the universes, I don't really know why they'd not try to work them closer together to an extent, it would pay off more in the end IMO.

Is that as far as using the same actors you mean?  It wasn't something I really expected in the end just that it would've been nice.   As far as the universes, I don't really know why they'd not try to work them closer together to an extent, it would pay off more in the end IMO.

I would say actors and stories, they are already casting a new Flash for the MoS2 film and I would imagine they won't touch on his past

I would say actors and stories, they are already casting a new Flash for the MoS2 film and I would imagine they won't touch on his past

That's fine, I expect the flash in MoS2 will have a very small showing tbh.   I'd still hate for the movies and the tv shows to be too far apart with their stories/universes that it will only confuse fans who see both.  We don't have the same situation like with Marvel where different studios own different licenses for characters and they don't cross/tie-in at all.  AFAIK all the different DC movies/TV shows are all controlled from WB, maybe the tv shows not as much as the movies, but still.

WBTU has already backed down from a no metahumans position, so things can change.

Also, if there's a Flash in MoS2/Justice League - which one? Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Bart Allen or Wally West? I'd say better than even odds it's Wally West.

That way they can have different actors without messing with the continuity, plus a Wally West Flash is how the Justice League animated series was done.

Also,

http://screencrush.com/cw-arrow-flash-tv-series-professor-zoom-vibe/

A few weeks ago we heard rumblings that Arrows forthcoming The Flash spinoff pilot had begun casting for a few reinterpretations of classic DC characters, but the latest reports suggest things might be getting seriously sci-fi. Find out who Grant Gustins Barry Allen could go up against, and what out-there DC hero could show up as a potential sidekick!

Take these latest casting rumors with a grain of salt, but the latest from Bl?dhaven Banter (the same source of casting calls for the West family) suggests that Grant Gustins Barry Allen character will very likely develop an antagonistic relationship with Detective Eddie Thawne, very a likely an interpretation of Flash arch-nemesis Professor Zoom!

(AKA Reverse-Flash)

Renamed from his comic origins as time-traveler Eobard Thawne, The Flashs incarnation will instead be a series regular detective transferred to Central City Police Department from Keystone, and who harbors a dark secret, often taking credit for Barrys work.

Elsewhere, MovieHole claims that DC character Cisco Ramon will also have a regular presence in the series, better known as the somewhat-controversial Latino hero Vibe. The character wouldnt yet have his vibration-based powers, instead operating among his comic roots as a talented mechanical engineer who assists Barry.

>

Apparently this a page from the script and oh my!

1388452990.png

WeeBey.gif

Damn. It sucks that it's Hal though. I like John Stewart better. I suppose this means that Hal Jordan will not be making a return on the big screen, further increasing he likelyhood that about the rumor that John Stewart will be in JL or Superman vs Batman.

WeeBey.gif

Damn. It sucks that it's Hal though. I like John Stewart better. I suppose this means that Hal Jordan will not be making a return on the big screen, further increasing he likelyhood that about the rumor that John Stewart will be in JL or Superman vs Batman.

Says who? The Flash has been casted for MoS 2. There's no connection between the TV series and the films and there are no plans to connect them either. So it's still possible that the Green Lantern on the big screen could be Hal. But yeah, I'd rather see John Stewart atm as well.

Says who? The Flash has been casted for MoS 2. There's no connection between the TV series and the films and there are no plans to connect them either. So it's still possible that the Green Lantern on the big screen could be Hal. But yeah, I'd rather see John Stewart atm as well.

That is the point I was making. That they are keeping the Universes separate. I mean I can not imagine that Warner Bros allow Batman or Superman for example on the small screen. Batman being DC/Warner Bro's foremost character in terms popularity and profitability. This is underlined by the fact they are rebooting him so quickly after Nolan's highly successful Trilogy. Warner Brothers would not want to saturate the character by having him appear on TV and on the big screen.

That doesn't however mean that we will not see other lesser Justice League characters on TV, but not the main two. So if Hal Jordan is appearing in one format then maybe John Stewart will appear in the other.

• 3 weeks later...

While speaking with The Directors Guild of America, David Nutter, the director of the pilots for Arrow, Smallville and the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones, revealed that he would be directing the pilot episode for The CW's Flash pilot. Nutter also talked about his history with comic books.

"My father died when I was a year-and-a-half old and my mother raised me as a single parent. I lived in West Virginia and the one thing I used to do as a child was buy comic books. I would cut out the characters, and their angles, and how they looked and so forth, and create my own characters for these stories. I?d have Captain America, or Iron Man, or The Flash, or Superman, and I?d create my own stories."

Src

According to The Hollywood Reporter,Law & Order's Jesse L. Martin has signed up to play Detective West alongside Grant Gustin's Barry Allen/The Flash. According to a description posted by the site, Martin will portray, "an honest, blue-collar cop who is a surrogate father to Barry. A soulful, funny and caring father to Iris -- Barry's potential love interest -- West came up through the foster care system and took Barry in after his mother's slaying and father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports his efforts to prove his father's innocence." Originally set to use an upcoming episode of Arrow as a backdoor pilot, the plan is to now give The Flash his own pilot episode this Fall.

1390622768.jpg

Rick Gosnett and Danielle Panabaker will join Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW's tv series based on the exploits of DC superhero, The Flash. According to Deadline, Cosnett will play Detective Eddie Thawne, "a recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, whose past is a mystery and who harbors a dark secret." And Panabaker will join him as Caitlin Snow, "a highly intelligent bioengineering expert who lost her fianc? during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs." Now comic fans will recognize the name "Thawne", as it happens to also be the surname of one of the Flash's most infamous villains, Eobard Thawne, aka Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom. Coincidence? Very unlikely. Also Caitlin Snow will surely become Killer Frost at some point. This all sounds very promising for fans of the scarlet speedster.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93427

• Like 2

H.I.V.E. has already been mentioned in Arrow. Also, I don't think it should bring Firestorm into the show. That would be another hero in a series that revolves around Flash.

• 2 weeks later...

biv4IK5kA-fB.jpg

Deadline reveals that Candice Patton (The Game) has joined the cast of The CW's The Flash pilot. The series is set to debut this fall, and will feature a fully suited up Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) solving crimes in Central City as he attempts to uncover the truth behind the death of his mother. According to the site, Patton "will play Iris West, Allen?s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry." Patton joins the recently cast Rick Cosnett (Detective Eddie Thawne) and Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow).

GzoFK-PinbqA.png

Variety is reporting that Broadway?s Carlos Valdes is set to play, "mechanical engineering genius Cisco Ramon (DC Comics fans might know him better as Vibe)." That's all we know for now, while it's unclear whether or not there are any other major roles left to be cast. Barry Allen's father and his bosses at Central City PD certainly seem likely...